Indian Tadpole

Discussion in 'Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles' started by silverbear, Dec 3, 2010.

1. moto-klasika

moto-klasika Member

Hello to you all!
    Congratulations on the 100th page of this nice thread/topic!
    --- ---
    Photobucket makes a real mess: when I want to see some photos - they call me to upgrade myself as "the third party"! In any forum, old photos simply disappeared if they were posted on Photobucket! Shame!

Happy and jolly building!

Ciao,
    Zoran

fasteddy likes this.
  2. indian22

indian22 Active Member

Take care of yourself Steve. I'm sure disappointment looms large with all involved 'cause I'm not involved and still I'm bummed about the camp.

P** bucket scam & hi jack is outrageous. I'm not great with the computer so I'd probably just lose all photos posted in the forum rather than replace one by one. I'm certain I'd refrain from ever using a third party host to store, organize and display, though a simple plan might be available I'm sure paying the ransom would not be an option. Rick C.

fasteddy likes this.
  3. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Active Member

You could always email pictures to yourself and save them in a folder to store online and download as appropriate.

fasteddy likes this.
  4. fasteddy

fasteddy Active Member

Hello Zoran,

Thank You. Had to believe that the thread is now moving into 100+ pages. Photobucket made it hard for everyone and their success in getting money out of people will not last long. Once people have moved their photos they won't be back and photobucket will disappear.

Steve.

#2004 fasteddy, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  5. fasteddy

fasteddy Active Member

Thank's Rick,

I was looking forward to bike camp but just couldn't do it. I'm going to the doctor and see what is available to combat the arthritis, either man made or natural.

I am going to go to SmugMug I think. It's $60 a year and they of course don't stop you from sending it to 3rd party sites. I'm working on the fact that nothing worth anything is free and the $60 is better than $399 a year which Photobucket wasn't worth when it was free.

SmugMug has an app called SmuggLr that will move photos from other sites to SmugMug. I have Firefox which is one of the ones that will work with SmuggLr. Plans are afoot.

Steve.

6. fasteddy

fasteddy Active Member

Thanks Ludwig,

I'll do that before I try to move them to another site.

Steve.

7. fasteddy

fasteddy Active Member

Things are looking up. The carb got here today and my nephew just got the camper running and is setting up the carb at this very moment. The camper hasn't run that well since I owned it.

The frame for my glasses broke a few days ago and I had ordered a new pair today. Of course the new lenses I bought a couple of months ago don't fit so once again I got a lesson about just how expensive 2 bits of plastic can cost, not to mention frames. The great part is that now I can see clearly that the future is bright and shiny.

Off to the passport office tomorrow and once I get that I'll take the clutch down to Bellingham WA. and send it off to have the machinist put the proper sprocket on it.

Onward.

Steve.

8. indian22

indian22 Active Member

Steve the glass half full is still just half full...and at a certain point the realistic and mature adults come to grips. Getting and giving some daily enjoyment is often a challenge but one that is worth whatever it costs to experience. So groggy, bleeding & weary one still answers the bell! Here"s to the good days & many more.. Rick C.

9. fasteddy

fasteddy Active Member

To true Rick. I just keep smiling because it drives them nut's trying to figure out what I know and they don't.

Steve.

10. fasteddy

fasteddy Active Member

It's coming together. The camper is running like a champ and with the new glasses I can see forever. Looks like clear sailing and sunny skies.

Steve. DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG

#2010 fasteddy, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  11. fasteddy

fasteddy Active Member

Don't know where the extra photos came from? Got rid of them.

Steve.

12. indian22

indian22 Active Member

Steve how much time do you have before foul weather slows progress? I'm thinking "Old Pappy" was a philosopher of some note and a brewer of necessity. Sometimes they go hand in hand.

I hope to get some work in on the Copper Gator sidecar this fall and winter, though in a warm shop. Both the Harley Pea shooter and The Xcelsior Schwinn were pure "driveway" creations...poor boy old school and it's been a blast, but I pretty sure I'm over it and will return to some real shop tools on the next couple of builds. V twin or an electric 2 stroke hybrid are still of interest to me, but the Simplex sidecar is next.

Hope you get the clutch back in a timely fashion 'cause we want to see you riding in style! Rick C.

13. fasteddy

fasteddy Active Member

Hi Rick,

I had to try one to see how good a brewer Pappy was. Art isn't happy when I do but it was worth it. We've had one day of rain here on the wet coast since the beginning of June and the temperatures have been into the mid 80's which is hot compared to our normal weather. Late September into October will see more rain and after mid October it will be touch and go to find warm enough days to work outside if it's not raining.

The sky's are dark from the 200+ forest fires burning in British Columbia at the moment. It's now drifting over us.

I hope the tri car will be ready by then. I'm going to order the sprocket tomorrow and have it sent to the machine shop and send the clutch to Brian so he can put it all together.

Steve.