How to make some serious bread!

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Blackberry Bannock cooked up in the oven. I did not use a mess of butter, only around half a stick. I saw a recipe that used 2 and a 1/4 sticks of butter as well as a cup of light cream. I found half and half and used it instead, but it was a pint. I just adjusted the self rising flour I added due to the extra liquid. It is much quicker buying the already included salt and baking powered already sifted in using self rising flour mix. Plus I had a coupon for a 5 lb bag.

Next time I see fresh blackberries on sale I will get two packs of the 18 oz packs. Hand fulls of those I just like to eat without anything. Frozen berry mix of blackberry, blueberry, an strawberry I saw and got a couple of pack to try other baking with them.

MT

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Blackberry Bannock cooked up in the oven. I did not use a mess of butter, only around half a stick. I saw a recipe that used 2 and a 1/4 sticks of butter as well as a cup of light cream. I found half and half and used it instead, but it was a pint. I just adjusted the self rising flour I added due to the extra liquid. It is much quicker buying the already included salt and baking powered already sifted in using self rising flour mix. Plus I had a coupon for a 5 lb bag.

Next time I see fresh blackberries on sale I will get two packs of the 18 oz packs. Hand fulls of those I just like to eat without anything. Frozen berry mix of blackberry, blueberry, an strawberry I saw and got a couple of pack to try other baking with them.

MT

Just add a cup of hot chocolate and you've got the perfect breakfast! Looks really tasty!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
If its the motor on the bread machine, you could swap in a weedeater gas engine! Use a heat exchanger from the exhaust to heat as well.

Munster is one of my favorites.

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
If its the motor on the bread machine, you could swap in a weedeater gas engine! Use a heat exchanger from the exhaust to heat as well.

Munster is one of my favorites.

MT

Just improvise a friction roller on one of the tires for the bread bucket......then you could multi-task at 2 great hobbies!!

.weld

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
It just feels like it's time to make some home made pizza........I think that it'll be a Canadian Bacon tonight. Picts to follow.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Looks good! I have a fresh pineapple to cut up and use with the black forest ham again for Hawaiian Za.

I wanted to go to get parts to get my motor bike back together, but local store is closed til Monday. Time to bake!

Mt

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Got 3 loaves of just plain white bread rise'n..........didn't have any for toast in the morning.....lol!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
"How can you have any jam if you don't eat your toast??!!!!"

As screamed by Roger Waters.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Xseler..... Hey teacher can you tell me?

I think it's time I start on that Hawaiian style pizza I got side track on. The pineapple strangely is still good after 12 days in the refrigerator. With the black-forest ham I made western omelet and sandwiches so I got another 1/2 lb to go with the pineapple.

I had in mind to use the stock for the western omelet (ham, onion, mushroom, & bell pepper) to top a pizza, but that will be tried another time. Mushroom an salami for the second pizza.

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
If you got on a plain and flew down here to Cali tonight I think you get here just in time to cook my Birthday Pizza.

Well, Happy B'day!! I'll make some cinnamon rolls for the ocassion......I'll be sure to snap a photo!! :D

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I actually still haven't started the Za. Worked on my motor bike to about 11 pm. Trail riding lower handle bars and front shocks done. I had to shorten all kinds of cables and now it is done. Find some way that I can find off highway vehicle trails that connect Northern CA to Southern CA and I'll do my best not to have the cheese stuck to the cardboard;)

Happy B Day Truckd!

MT

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=531025#post531025

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
YAH! cause nobody like's cheesy cardboard LOL!

Thanks! for the Birthday shout out guy's
another year to Thank God! for a Wonderful Wife, Wonderful Life and lots to live for (like bikes He! He! He!)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Yea, I know -- no cinnamon rolls and no candles. My birthdays have been somewhat of a disappointment the last several years also! :crash:

However, I did the best I could this evening, cheese bread (on the 2nd rise) and a 'torch' as IWW would call it.........

Attachments