How to make some serious bread!

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Mine are coming out in 20, Can't make it by tonight it's our 9th anniversary today so I'll be a little busy after the bread comes out of the oven HE!HE!HE!

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
In Pizza Dough, I will sometimes substitute some of the water for a little beer, milk, vinegar, olive oil, even all of the above.
For flour I use 1/2 '00' baking flour, and 1/2 a nice packet bread mix Usually with grains.
Whole meal flour is also very good mixed 50/50 with '00' flour, But I sift out the 'Germ' and use it to roll the finished dough out.
After the first rise, be gentle with the dough, otherwise it will keep 'shrinking back' which can be left to 'relax' for a while is to 'springy'.
Let rise again for an hour before baking for 5 mins, then ready to make Pizza.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just ordered a couple Rada Stoneware bread pans. Should see a slight improvement on the bottom and side crusts compared to the metal pans I currently use. I already have a Pampered Chef stoneware muffin pan that makes excellent cornbread. Upgrades are good!!

I ordered these (along with other items) from the Lehman's catalog. This company is dedicated to serving those that prefer 'simpler' times --- such as the Amish. Their catalog has tons of great products that you just can't find in stores these days. Five thumbs up!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
That is super cool for breads that you want to add stuff too with out it disintegrating the ingredients like a bread machine does.

Thanks! xseler

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Not much better than a grilled cheese on home-made jalapeno/cheese bread..............well, maybe if it had bacon..............

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Common Man I just got back from Sizzler and yer making me hungry again

Gotta say it in a taunting voice..........

"I'm goin' to Sizzler, I'm goin' to Sizzler!!"

(Flashback to a simpler time........We no longer have that brand around here.)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I can tell you the secret on how to not have 'invisible' add-ins..........

After the first rise in my machine, I take out the dough and roll it flat -- about 1/4" thick. Then put on top my add-ins. Then I fold the dough as if I were folding a piece of paper into 1/4 the size. Roll it flat once more. Fold it again. Roll it flat..........then roll the dough into a cylinder. Pinch the ends and seam together. Then I divide the dough into however I'm gonna fashion the loaves.

The add-ins appear to be randomly distributed throughout the dough (and they're very recognizeable).

Good luck!!