How much money do you spend each month or year on your motorbicycling hobby?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by mrfubs, Apr 3, 2014.

1. mrfubs

mrfubs New Member

Post your limits or what you spend on parts ect. In a month or every year to keep your hobby going?!?

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Santa Cruz Scooter Works

I think I've spent around $2.5k in the last year. That was for three 48 volt batteries, two MP3s, six 2.4x24 tires and a downhill bike and I don't regret single penny I've spent.

3. wing nut

wing nut Member

last year , way too much , this year the hobby paid me
    & that got me a whizzer

4. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

More than I care to think about. Racing these things doesn't help that fact.......have money....will spend!

laff laff rotfl

show me the money......mo money, mo money....oh please honey dance1

5. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

6. Theon

Theon New Member

Probably about $50 a week!
    But have just about everything I need now for the four bikes.
    Often think I should sell one of them, But there all to good to sell.

7. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

Just enough to keep the full size motorcycle itch at bay. That said, I honestly don't know what else I need/want to do to it now --- unless I'd shove a suspension/shifter/disc brake/4 cycle bike under this one...........hmmmmmm.......

8. Henshooter

Henshooter New Member

Damn beat me to it , in reality if I have it I spend it lol

I get pocket money although I'm married with two kids and a third on the way , if I did handle the budget it would go something like 1 for you 1 for me and 3 for the hobby

The wife ( the minister of war, finance and recreation ) keeps me in control of this feverish urge to build build build , in reality my spend budget per build is a tad under/over 500 ,I've done 3 builds so far

She's a good wifey .

Regards Henshooter

#8 Henshooter, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  9. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

Not bad at all Henshooter - but I wasn't really joking, this year to date I've spent a whopping $3.50 on my MBs & that was only just yesterday... as I needed to fuel up the taddy for the spring season lol

Here's a sight not often seen, an ebike "fueling" at a gas station ;)

[​IMG]

10. Henshooter

Henshooter New Member

On a technicality I've only had two chinagirl builds as my very first was a weed trimmer motor with a roller converted on the drive shaft with a lifter rack , all on a giant atx990 the bike was worth 10 time the price of the weed whacker back in the day

Filling up on an electric , now that is a sight for sore eyes , my tank costs about tree fiddy to fill as well except I fill at the gas station and add the oil to the tank ,I know I know you shouldn't do it but I'm a slacker and as such can't be bothered carrying a jerrycan

#10 Henshooter, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  11. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

It's "technicalities" like this that keep the "minister of war, finance and recreation" at bay :p

12. Henshooter

Henshooter New Member

Hybrid???? Lol

13. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

The taddy usually fills at the station too, if for no other reason then it's a laugh - but she was dry as a bone from winter storage so, gas can it was.

Four stroke, so no botherin' with premix... funny thing is the taddy won't quite take a full gallon so usually it's even less then tree-fiddy, buck-fiddy usually - which gets me dirty looks from the monster truck guys lol

[​IMG]

Mongo the ebike ofc asks for nothin' at all save a plug in from time to time, as I've no electric bill... technicalities again ;)

14. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

I spend a $200 - $300 a year probably, and its just mainly on gadgets and gizmos for the bikes or some upgrades or experiments with sprocket sizes and maybe a tire here and there, my bikes are just a seasonal hobby/toy thing for me to have something to do in between all the junk I have to do like work around the house and a full time job, mine aint fancy but they are reliable, plenty fast and lots of enjoyment.

I play around with and tinker with my bikes, but for a big ride or a serious distance cruise I ride my Harley or my old 1982 Yamaha Maxim....

I do enjoy the motorized bikes and get way more attention from average people when I cruise into town on one of the motorized bikes.

Map
    dnut

15. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

I'll plead the fifth on that, as my wife reads these forums. ;)

16. needtransportation

needtransportation New Member

I traded a shotgun I paid $125 for for a western flyer with a 48cc, spent $25 for brakes, 2.50 for a spark plug , $1.50 for a fuel line, $7 for 2 gallons of fuel, $3 for oil so I have a total of $164 invested plus a few hours of my time with a dremel.