Hi from the UK - INDIAN Board Tracker tribute, my first build

GoldenMotor.com

Nightster

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Awaiting delivery of the new build's wiring loom and various electrical gubbins such as cdi/flasher/headlight auto-on relay/coil etc. so quiet on the bike front for a few days.

It'll just be like any other day tomorrow, but it's special for me 'cause darlin' wife Jen turns 74. Sadly, Jen will not be aware it's her birthday, but to celebrate the occasion, I've spent part of today freshening-up her pink hair tint AND committed to adopting a new family member. Little miss 'Mischa' (pictured) won't be joining us till May 25th, or shortly after, when she's 9 weeks old and able to leave mum-cat.
The last 5 months since Tilly, our just-short-of 20 year old vintage calico passed, has been the first time in the 47 years Jen and I have spent together that we haven't had a cat (or several cats) rule our lives. Feels like there's a definite hole in my life right now, so I'm counting the days till the 25th when long-haired light calico Mischa gets here to fill that void.

View attachment 107218 View attachment 107219 View attachment 107220
View attachment 107221
I’m a cat lover Pete. Currently have one that’s 21 years old, and a three-year-old. Even have a cat tattoo. I like dogs and I’ve owned several but cats are independent and I can go away for days at a time..

The tattoo is for the 21 year old sister. Delilah was the coolest cat I’ve ever owned.

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Your doing your best! Happy Birthday Jen!

On the order of pets I never really had my own pet other than fish and turtle. Not the same as cat or dog I know.

Today after camp and motor biking trails of USFS, I was going back down the mountain and stopped for a big snake to cross the road. If I went on a blind curve, possible oncoming traffic with me in my truck and bike packed in it would not be a good scenario. I sure did not like waiting thinking of someone coming down the road behind me, but I was not going to run over the snake. Maybe 3 to 5 minutes wait and it got onto the other side of the road and was safe. It covered about 1/3 the width of the road. My good deed for the day?

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
What a nice gift to both of you! I'm a cat and dog guy but remain alone for now after the passing of my Persian copper eyed calico. The chosen kitten is adorable & cats rule; if any doubt; all my Labrador's could bear witness to the truth! Labs are quite content to be great companions even in the face of fussy female felines.

Rick C.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Not for me on account I've run out of space here. But I thought I'd share this pic of a lovely Alpino cyclemotor that's currently doing the rounds on uk eBay. Earlier restoration that still shows well. Listed last week and vanished midway through the listing's run time. Maybe being relisted due to a non payer? Never heard of this marque - but I have to say it's a lovely thing. Gotta be worth the asking price of 1800 quid obo.

Alpino.jpg

s-l500.jpg

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Funny what pops up when you're surfing the net.
Here's one that'll float FASTEDDY's boat. Specially for you Steve... an electric Citroen 2CV trike.
Don't really like nicking other's ideas, but this could tempt me. Relatively straightforward build, this, I'd think.
My take would be to use body panels from an old clunker donor 'deux chevaux' with plenty patina.

agnelli-milano-2cv-paris-01-credit-agnelli-milano.jpg

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Funny, but I have just about everything - new or completely refurbished - on the mechanical side of things for a 2CV stashed here in anticipation of my next kit car build. That lovely little DeFlyer roadster.
Old 2CVs are ten a penny here in the UK. Mind you, good restored ones now sell for 10K and upwards.
I have a copy of the Der Franzose 2CV mail order parts catalogue here which lists every available component down to the last nut and bolt - including complete body shells and panels. The popularity of these funky little cars never seems to flag, and they're becoming more sought after than ever. Huge fan-base. Never thought I'd ever become a fan, but now I love 'em.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Not for me on account I've run out of space here. But I thought I'd share this pic of a lovely Alpino cyclemotor that's currently doing the rounds on uk eBay. Earlier restoration that still shows well. Listed last week and vanished midway through the listing's run time. Maybe being relisted due to a non payer? Never heard of this marque - but I have to say it's a lovely thing. Gotta be worth the asking price of 1800 quid obo.
Because a dozen bikes are better? Or compulsive/obsessive? Color me clueless & still planning future builds for myself.

Rick C.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Been waiting a couple of days for my bike's loom and electrics to arrive. Left the house for five minutes yesterday to post a letter - and ended up missing the post man. Bugger took my parcel back to the depot and left a card telling me to book a re-delivery online. Monday will be the earliest, so I'm spending a quiet weekend doing a few odd jobs on the bike.
Re-did the look of the speedo. Looks a bit more interesting now than it did out-of-the-box. That card template for the ignition key's location will be another part I have water-jet cut in metal. BEFORE and AFTER speedo pics here.
s-l1600 (2).jpg

DSCN3961 (2).JPG
DSCN3964 (2).JPG