Getting old is rough

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Gee I skipped one day of exercises and I could barely walk this morning. I have many exercises but the important one is knee flexion and I’ve been instructed to do 100 reps a day. I’m up to 80 for today and I’ll see if I can make up yesterday’s

Btw the other thread with the mad guy; I didn’t ban him, he left on his own. Prob not mousy! Nutters rarely leave by themselves like that.

Getting old is rough in more than just body. The hardest realizations are how wrong I was about the world and the people in it. The lack of moral standards is a problem with the youth, that we can see clearly; however it is a much larger problem than that. A horrible realization is that the America I used to know is for all purposes, gone completely from California. There’s truly something wrong with CA people and it’s everywhere I look. It’s just so depressing.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Gee I skipped one day of exercises and I could barely walk this morning. I have many exercises but the important one is knee flexion and I’ve been instructed to do 100 reps a day. I’m up to 80 for today and I’ll see if I can make up yesterday’s

Btw the other thread with the mad guy; I didn’t ban him, he left on his own. Prob not mousy! Nutters rarely leave by themselves like that.

Getting old is rough in more than just body. The hardest realizations are how wrong I was about the world and the people in it. The lack of moral standards is a problem with the youth, that we can see clearly; however it is a much larger problem than that. A horrible realization is that the America I used to know is for all purposes, gone completely from California. There’s truly something wrong with CA people and it’s everywhere I look. It’s just so depressing.
It's not the people bro it's the ones that govern it. People only do what they're allowed to get away with

Reactions: fasteddy

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
At your tender age Tony, you ain't seen enough to formulate all encompassing view of life. You are just at the age when maturity develops.
Your injuries have made you, I hope come to terms with vulnerability.
Pain, suffering, and disease are part of the human condition.
Cultural, demographic, and educational experience influence our perspective and life choices. Sociologist text books from when I was in High School described aberrant life and behavior induced by high population density. Kind of what SoCal is.
Pity you didn't know SoCal in the late 1950's and 60's.
You are experiencing bitterness of what your life has become. It hurts to be you.
Study the Budda and keep up the PT.

Tom

Reactions: Tony01 and fasteddy

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
"This thread went into some pretty deep thoughts... :)"

Hand me a beer Norm.:)
But SoCal is a poor place to live unless you can't take the cold.
In the Upper Mid West, fortitude and resilience win the day. That and supplemental Vitamin D.
Our population density? What's that? Unless living in Milwaukee or Madison.
Tony would have had a much much lower chance of injury in this neck of the woods.
Wisconsin being Harley land, two wheelers get respect and consideration.
Mind left hand turns.

Tom

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's what we like to do... (This is my VW bus).

We have a very large community of vintage Volkswagen clubs here in So Cal, (& we also have a bigger community of 'traditional' classic car clubs).

Every Friday night, all the classic car guys from Venice & Santa Monica like to park at a certain beach lot to have a few beers, discuss local events & watch the sunset. :cool:

This is a typical Friday night for us... WestSide VolksWagen Club (@westsidevwclub) • Instagram photos and videos

my bus at OP.jpg

Last edited:

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Here's what we like to do... (This is my VW bus).

We have a very large community of vintage Volkswagen clubs here in So Cal, (& we also have a bigger community of 'traditional' classic car clubs).

Every Friday night, all the classic car guys from Venice & Santa Monica like to park at a certain beach lot to have a few beers, discuss local events & watch the sunset. :cool:

This is a typical Friday night for us... WestSide VolksWagen Club (@westsidevwclub) • Instagram photos and videos

View attachment 115249
This would make an Awesome mural on a surfers wall.

This is one of those moments that an artist tries to catch in a painting or sculpture.

I can't share much of what I build because of the non-disclosure agreement that I signed and copyright infringement but I am able to share this with you.

This is #1 out of 10. Most of these are going to museums.

This is what I'm talking about.

Attachments

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
This would make an Awesome mural on a surfers wall.

This is one of those moments that an artist tries to catch in a painting or sculpture.

I can't share much of what I build because of the non-disclosure agreement that I signed and copyright infringement but I am able to share this with you.

This is #1 out of 10. Most of these are going to museums.

This is what I'm talking about.
And this is a one-off original no more made. It is supposed to represent several juvenile humpback whales playing tag in a kelp forest. It's called tag you're it. The big one is out in their courtyard and the small one is on their living room table.
Out of the 27 million worth of artwork that I have built this is about the 15 or 16 million mark.

This one in the courtyard is in the people that basically own the Monterey bay aquarium. Though his name is cy young it is not the same cy young that you are thinking it is his grandson.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
1st of March, supposed to be the first of the meteorological spring. It was a mild day, topping out in upper 40's F. Maybe it is just El Nino, but I wouldn't bank on it. Global warming? Gotta love it.

From my tender teens on, I was a Zero population growth person. Two of the three women I bred were fixed.
Norma? I loved her dearly. Thank goodness she used the pill. She was 4"9" waist long blond hair and a one tenth cousin.
And then there was a Vietnamese lady . Hoa Ho, Nice gal. I did not court her for reasons of a friend Gene with PTSD from time spent killing and not being killed in Nam. Gene died just this time a year ago.
To this day Asian ladies .........

Tom

Reactions: Tony01

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
1st of March, supposed to be the first of the meteorological spring.

To this day Asian ladies .........

Tom
Man I love Asian women. My first was. They are so feminine and sexy. My dad and I just found a great local Chinese restaurant. It’s full of Chinese every day so you know it’s good… we rarely see other white people there. So yea I’ll be bringing my game… They serve a bunch of stuff in hotpots, and they’re very reasonably priced. A two person meal can cost as little as $30 with tip; today we were a little hungrier and took a baggie dog with us.

Last edited:

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
At my tender age of almost 73 and married. Asian ladies captivate me.
You live in a state with a high Asian population. In this sector of Wisconsin which has a very high German population, real ethnic Asian cooking of any kind is hard to find. So have Wok, will cook.
Keep healing Tony.

Tom

Reactions: Tony01 and fasteddy

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I’ve been extremely resentful at so many people lately. I hear I should forgive for my own emotional well being. This I cannot do; well it depends who we are talking about. I can forgive the people who screwed up on my case which I can attribute to stupidity but not the main antagonist. She should burn in **** forever, unfortunately her actions during and immediately after tell me she didn’t have a soul to save anyway. It is said that if you do great harm to someone you should try to live your best in service to others to repent, and possibly set an example to others in the same boat.

Personally, if I hurt somebody seriously when driving drunk I would take my 9mm and blow my brains out. Thank God I never hurt anybody but I easily could have. I had to quit drinking completely or I’ll do it again, I just know myself like that. I’ll put a breathalyzer ignition interlock if I go out again. It is super embarrassing to use but it’s 100%. There is no guarantee people who hurt others intentionally or not, will do good or not hurt again if they turn their life around; but ending it all immediately is a 100%.You can see I like these absolutes; it’s a much better piece of mind than forgiving soulless wrongdoers.

There is a movie called In Bruges with a plot that follows this topic of wrongdoing and sticking to principles. Spoiler alert! A young hitman played by Colin Farrell accidentally kills a child on his first job when the bullet passes through the target and kills the boy behind him. His fellow hit man friend wants him to quit and change his life to do good, but the hit man boss (Ralph Fiennes) is a principled man who believes he must die for taking the life of an innocent, and works to hunt him down. At the end when he shoots the young hit man, a man is killed by the same bullet as in the opening scene. He looks around, puts the gun on himself and says “got to stick to your principles” before ending his life.

It’s just a movie, but I’d do it to myself if I had to.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom, 20% of the people in Vancouver are Chinese. Main land/Hong Kong Chinese come here on food tours with cheap airline fares because most of the best Chinese chefs have moved here. Safe food and everything that they are used to are grown here. When I lived in Vancouver many decades ago I'd walk into China town and do the weeks shopping. The best laugh I ever had doing that is walking past a fresh produce store and a big sign in the one window said Cat S**t Fruit. In I go and that was my first introduction to Durian Fruit. The store smelled just like a poorly maintained litter box.

Very large East Indian population as well. Put a dab of a good curry on your forehead and your tongue will slap your brains out trying to get to it.

Small Chinese grocery stores are a delight. Not sure how to cook it, the folks at the counter will tell you how and what goes with it. If you want a real fun visit you can go to a Chinese Apothecary. You will see things you will never see at Rite-Aid. They will make what you need while you wait and yes, it does usually work.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Best to keep the 9mm talk to your self Tony, or you will quickly find yourself in a psych ward for some quality time. I was trying to make a joke with a Medicare visiting nurse. She told me "I am not taking note of your remark, if I did you be spending three days under observation at the hospital". Oops!

Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Great post Steve! (^) The Cat S**t Fruit anecdote was worth the price of admission.
The tales told about Durian are legendary. The banning from public transportation is one.
Must be like limburger, overcome the initial sensory surprise to find a savory delight.

" Put a dab of a good curry on your forehead and your tongue will slap your brains out trying to get to it."
I about blew a good mouth full of wine with that colorful image. Thanks Steve.

Tom