Getting old is rough

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I had a vial of rattlesnake venom and it sat in the garage for a couple summers and it dried out and turned to crystals and all I did was take a needle and dip it in water and flick it and touch the venom and it re-liquified immediately just like the day it was extracted. That's why I don't mess with the heads. So I surmise that even just the sweat on your fingers tips would cause it to reliquify if you touched it)
Sounds like a great way to murder someone without being in the same room.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
If I didn't have other things to do, I would have milked the conversation on for some time. These idgits get paid by the call.
It is my call in life to run em broke. You can insult them ,you can castigate them.
Will THEY hang up? No!

Tom

Reactions: fasteddy

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
My Cubital Tunnel Syndrome surgery had about a 4-inch incision from about an inch below the elbow and 3 inch above.

They shaved from hand to arm pit. Some small bruise on palm where they did while I was under, probably a Nerve Conduction Test and EMG Test. The needle marks on palm and upper arm is similar to where they shocked me as was done a few months ago that signified the surgery was warranted back then.

After having awakened with much pain, I got admitted which was not the plan. Three free meals though!

Since leaving hospital I have only used Ibuprofen on occasion. The gabapentin I stopped taking altogether.

The prescription oxycodone my pharmacy is still waiting to be able to dispense. They are not approved for it now, and it does not matter.

Mostly I am not having the real bad stinging pain in my hand, but just when over stressed, or very cold without enough clothing being worn.

The stitches are dissoluble. A bunch of special tape pieces covering them are supposed to eventually just fall away.

The tight wrapped gauze and ace bandage now removed, I can go around without gauze and first aid tape. That otherwise just irritates the skin area already tender.

My use of cotton / linen mix long sleeve shirt works well. There was hook part of Velcro on both ends of ace bandage cutting into my arm by the end fasten when I bent my arm.

Using the clear waterproof stuff for showering works well. I bozoed though. The stuff is supposed to be used by itself, not as tape to hold gauze. It sealed water out well.

Expensive stuff, I will order more online with my allotted insurance OTH free stuff. It is Quartey, use it or lose anyway.

A clear mind without that gabapentin and free from most stabbing pain in hand, I am glad for. Numbness is same, but it needs time as you have mentioned to get the rest to normal. I can hope.

I did drive my truck yesterday (2 days after surgery), but the bumpy road I will limit driving so much right now. Getting to and from hospital I had a service get me there an back. That was mandatory by the hospital.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Sounds like a great way to murder someone without being in the same room.
Shhh... Actually I would go with fly strips in turpentine. If you use the right ones it makes a touch poison that there is no cure for and a q-tip size amount will kill you in 6 months.

Or using drain cleaner and strips of aluminum foil and gasoline inside of a bottle and capture about 10 balloons worth and take them and stick them up inside of somebody's chimney in the next time they start fire it will be over. And leave no forensic trace... Or...

Uhmm nevermind...

My friend's father was o.s.s. before it was the CIA and he taught me at least 20 more ways that are much much more devious and shadowy.

As diabolical as that may be... That's our tax dollars at work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony01 and fasteddy

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Sad day,
Winky the grey squirrel is deceased. It's left eye was missing which may have contributed to it's demise. It was a frequent visitor to the peanut feeder and consequently had a well rounded physique. Winky was a good squirrel, and never said or did bad things to the other grey squirrels. A possum or crow will be engaged to care for the remains.

Tom

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sad day,
Winky the grey squirrel is deceased. It's left eye was missing which may have contributed to it's demise. It was a frequent visitor to the peanut feeder and consequently had a well rounded physique. Winky was a good squirrel, and never said or did bad things to the other grey squirrels. A possum or crow will be engaged to care for the remains.

Tom
R.i.p. winky... ✝

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
This year I had a Grey that was getting more brave by the day.
Crows know to check our place daily.Even posting a scout.
This side of capturing a nestling crow, close interaction never gonna happen.
Crows around here have been shot at since Europeans came in.

Wrenches lizards are bitchen.

This global warming thing has got things weird around here. Saturday I saw three Sandhill Crains, and a couple more were sighted heading North today. You could tell they had a long ways to go yet as they were working the thermals to gain altitude.

Tom

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I don't believe the story of global warming as it's pushed on us by the media & world govs... I don't believe that my gas grill, cow farts (or my little 2-strokes) are the real problems.

I do however think that there are plenty of other human activities that are contributing to this erratic weather... Things like the heavy pollution from global shipping, the slash & burning of the rain forests for agricultural farming & the proven existence of military programs to control (& weaponize) the weather.

Put on your tinfoil hats boys, & let the comments begin!! dnutdnut

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I don't believe the story of global warming as it's pushed on us by the media & world govs... I don't believe that my gas grill, cow farts (or my little 2-strokes) are the real problems.

I do however think that there are plenty of other human activities that are contributing to this erratic weather... Things like the heavy pollution from global shipping, the slash & burning of the rain forests for agricultural farming & the proven existence of military programs to control (& weaponize) the weather.

It’s a way for them to tax us. If you’ve noticed it’s moved mostly to climate change which is a real thing; natural very slow process of the earth, so the deniers are now the dummies however it is unaffected by us. Far as pollution and such other countries especially those who don’t value human life pollute far more than we ever could; and no amount of taxes will help that. All the pollution on the planet eventually makes it all around the globe too, and we are doing just fine.

Our CA fire season actually contributes to far more pollution than it should because of decades of bad policies on forest maintenance. Outlawing controlled burns and brush or dead tree removal causes a forest to be extremely flammable and is how the fires spread so fast taking so many lives.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022

People misunderstand global warming, it's not just getting hotter temperature outside warmer, because we have lost a large measure of our ozone layer certain frequencies of the sun are hitting the earth that were blocked off before and what is happening is it's causing the crust of the earth to thin because of the absorbing heat

Ie: Yellowstone national park and the big cracks that are opening up in the ground from the caldera starting to swell.... and all of the earthquakes and things that are happening in places that were never earthquake prone before and the ones that were are being shaken to their foundations. And it's due to the crust thinning of the earth that's what I have come to understand of it anyways.

Reactions: fasteddy

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
People misunderstand global warming, it's not just getting hotter temperature outside warmer, because we have lost a large measure of our ozone layer certain frequencies of the sun are hitting the earth that were blocked off before and what is happening is it's causing the crust of the earth to thin because of the absorbing heat

Ie: Yellowstone national park and the big cracks that are opening up in the ground from the caldera starting to swell.... and all of the earthquakes and things that are happening in places that were never earthquake prone before and the ones that were are being shaken to their foundations. And it's due to the crust thinning of the earth that's what I have come to understand of it anyways.
In 250 million years from now the earth will be one super continent for the 5th time in earth's history.