Getting old is rough

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
" 30s is too young to talk like this. "

No it isn't, and as you have found out all pain is not destined to be gain.
Taking life as it comes. Physical injury is just part of being alive. Getting on as best you can Tony, is all you can do.
Gabapentin? I tried it for peripheral neuronopathy. Dosage that would drop a Bull Elephant.
Tony, are you onto a physical therapy regime? You need your range of motion and strength restored.

Tom

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Hey Tom, yeah a lil better every day. Had PT weekly. Still got two knee surgeries ahead. One next week to remove scar tissue and manipulate range while I’m under, then the PT will have to be daily for about a week then biweekly for a month. Then another to reattach my ACL. I also tore the PCL and MCL which were fixed first.

Steve, the cane elicits a great deal of sympathy. Getting girls’ numbers is like shooting fish in a barrel!

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
What shape is your bike ? I’m sure you haven’t worked on it, but is it fixable or trash ?
It is pretty much scrap. I could fix if I wanted but that’s just bad juju. The amount of force exerted on my bike by her 3 ton SUV to mangle it this bad is astounding. The swingarm mounts ripped out of the frame and the bike split in two. The front end is completely scrap, forks and bars are mangled and bent further than I’d be able to fix. I guess they used bolt cutters on my suspension chains and motor cable to fully separate the two halves. As my strongest frame, it held up protecting the battery and electronics so I’ll sell what I can. I could probably get a couple Gs selling the electronics. I would like to loosely reassemble it and place it somewhere in the garden.

Last edited:

Oldbiscuit

Oct 3, 2020
That really sucks! Especially knowing how much time and talent it took for you to build that bike. My hope for you is that you heal up 100% and some day build another bike equal to or better than this one.
A garden display would be neat, if for no other reason than to remind you of how far you’ve come from the that low day. Good Luck!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That really sucks! Especially knowing how much time and talent it took for you to build that bike. My hope for you is that you heal up 100% and some day build another bike equal to or better than this one.
A garden display would be neat, if for no other reason than to remind you of how far you’ve come from the that low day. Good Luck!
I will second that, as I look back through my life I am so thankful I made it this far...............Curt

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
I hate staples! Jeez Jerry! Plus a bunch of art that needs to be mended. :eek:
Is that electro magnetic healing electrodes? And then there is the leaky bit above. But it all looks good physiologically speaking. i don't see any infection, just nice normal skin tone.

I knew a nice young man 50+ years ago that got spiked at Football practice. The wound infected his spinal cord and he died.

Tom

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Had knee arthroscopy yesterday to remove scar tissue off the PCL and MCL that were fixed in Sept. He also manipulated my flex range another 25 degrees in prep for ACL repair in a couple months. I’ve been using a cane for a few weeks but I’m back to the fn crutches until the pain subsides.

Man this ish hurts. I’ve got a drip IV from a little fanny pack that puts the painkiller right up under my kneecap through a hole in my upper thigh that I gotta wear for a week.

I have PT daily now because keeping the new improved range of motion is important or I’ll lose it. So it’s all I’m doing at home; I just put on a podcast and stretch for hours.

Attachments

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Balls! (It's a old Norwegian expression of amazement.) A photo is worth many words. What is the pain management dope Tony? Non habit forming i hope . And I really don't understand how they can do later date ACL reattachments. Do what the Doc's say and not much else.

Tom

Reactions: fasteddy