GoldenMotor.com

First.bike.bloke

Aug 19, 2021
Okay so i made another post but it was pretty vague so I'll just make a fresh thread with pics, so I was scrolling gumtree and came across someone selling a old zbox motorised kit they had never opened and had just kept in storage and they didn't know if it was the z-80 or z-50
So went for a look everything was there just still unsure if it's the 80 or 50 as I can't find images online any help appreciated.
Avoidable teething problems, things not to get lazy with and things to make certain are correct much appreciated
P.s the bike I have is OK not good ( I paid 90 for the kit, bike was free ) so what would be the absolute ideal bike to keep an eye out for?

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The most popular first build is done on a beach cruiser, it has plenty of room in the frame to locate the engine. Mountain bikes are popular but some don't have enough room, my 24" mountain bike has zero extra room. I had to rotate the carburetor slightly to clear the frame.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
The most popular first build is done on a beach cruiser, it has plenty of room in the frame to locate the engine. Mountain bikes are popular but some don't have enough room, my 24" mountain bike has zero extra room. I had to rotate the carburetor slightly to clear the frame.
You don't have a 24" mountian bike frame unless you're very tall, around 6'5" or so. Chances are you have a department store mountian bike with 24" wheels. Otherwise a 2 stroke engine or even a small 4 stroke engine would easily fit into a 24" frame with room to spare.