Flyer Production

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hi Rick,
I have thought about doing a Peashooter type build and probably will eventually. For now testing will have to take place on my Keystone Flyer. Yeah, I know, an Indian tank and Harley forks. What was I thinking? These forks are taller, raising the front end to add 1 1/2 degrees more steering rake, and the swingarms are 3/4" longer to lengthen wheelbase. This was planned as the 250cc engine could reach mid to high 80 mph range! Now the fun begins. I have to tune the crazy things...........

Keystone Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Everyone asks what the left side lever is for. That's an SCTA required remote fuel shut off to run the fuel class. The cable needs a very shallow bend to operate the fuel petcock correctly.

Well Pat, I for one am quite content (for the time being) with the Indian-ish beauty you've put together with the new forks...can't say I'd change a thing about it except it's current address...congrats!!

HDCowboy

Jan 3, 2015
Texas Gulf Coast
Do both of the bikes on the Worksman Cycles website, the "Worksman Flyer "BTR" Board-Track-Racer by Sportsman Flyer" for $949 and the "Worksman Flyer "Cruiser" by Sportsman Flyer" for $499 use the same frame as what your calling the pedal frame or is one upgraded like the Sportsman 200 like you speak of?

http://www.worksmancycles.com/shopsi...sportsman.html

I guess the same question would apply to the Sportsman Flyer and the Sportsman Flyer Pedal Bicycle located on Sportsman Flyer Website.......

http://www.sportsmanflyer.com/bikes.html

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Pat,
You've come a long way since we first met on this forum. Congratulations to you and your brother and your whole production crew. I remember your first Panther which I thought at the time was the cat's meow. Turns out that cat had a bunch of fine kittens... ha! Lot's of eye candy on your flicker site. You've done well, sir. You make us all proud as forum members who have watched one fine production after another. Woohoo!
SB

Exactly this! That first Panther is the bike that got me hooked on these toys.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Exactly this! That first Panther is the bike that got me hooked on these toys.
Wish I still had that old Panther. I have a Panther frame kicking around that I may loop and stuff a HF79cc four stroke in.

Here is something else I have been messing with. Just a simple bicycle. Flyer frame, my new truss rods added to Worksman INB forks for a vintage look, fenders, a side panel door tank, and tool box. Been calling it the "super tanker". Even has a two speed kick back Strumy Archer coaster brake. For now it's just a bicycle, but I may stuff an industrial electric motor into the loop with reduction drive pedal crank driving a sprocket adapter. Batteries in the panel tank and speed controller in the tool box.

Sportsman Tanker by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Sportsman Tanker by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
G'day Pat ,
have you had time to test your fork's out on the Keystone how was the ride and feel
Hi Mick,
I have yet to ride the bike. I have custom springs being wound and will have them shortly. Then it's time for a test ride.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Just messing around with a one-off design study. Ever see a Schwinn Cycle Truck? It's a modified frame designed to use a smaller front wheel and a large front basket to carry groceries.

Here is an early Schwinn Cycle Truck.

1939 Schwinn Cycle Truck by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

So my brother Rich has been wanting to build one based on a Sportsman 200. Here is where this project is at this point. Hard to tell in the frame jig but you can definitely see the Flyer lines in the frame. We were able to modify the down tube by just rotationg forward and making it shorter. Steer tube is custom length and lugged. Standard gas tank will fit. Engine will be an electric start GX200. Instead of groceries ours will be a pit bike to carry around tools, spare parts or maybe a vintage ice chest at the Bonneville Salt Flats.

Sportsman "'Flyer Delivery" by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Sportsman "'Flyer Delivery" by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
HEE HEE!! Love it! I have an old Worksman Cycle truck I've been saving for an electric build. Excelent idea Pat
Rich gets all the credit for this idea. He was always the Cycle Truck fan. For me, well, I am starting to get it. I like messing around and my brother always gets me to step outside my comfort zone with (almost always) good ideas. Here it is fresh out of the frame jig and dummied up with a gas tank. Now I get it!

Sportsman Cycle Truck by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Sportsman Cycle Truck by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
G'day Pat ,
have you had time to test your fork's out on the Keystone how was the ride and feel
Hey Mick,
Well, I finally tested out my new fork design today! Worked great. Really solid feel with good spring rate. Overall the function and feel is excellent. My Keystone Flyer is geared at like 7.5:1 so clutch lock happens at 38 mph. Once off clutch I cruised it around at 50-55 mph giving it a good shake down. Windy roads. Running it throught the mid range rpm band. Couldn't have been more satisfied. Even the new handlebar designed worked out. Nice narrow width, single piece bar design and they clamp directly to the fork blades.

Super Duty Forks by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
G"day Pat,
your Keystone is one Killer MACHINE the look, stance, and Engineering is second to none.so glad the fork's work with the look of no other and the new tank design look's insane,
Congrat's of this fine work once again
I so would like a 4stroke build to do and on my christmas list this year and so would like a sportsman flyer frame and tank { Bonneville frame and new tank design } or if a Keystone frame could be built ?is there any chance in this

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
"I so would like a 4stroke build to do and on my christmas list this year and so would like a sportsman flyer frame and tank { Bonneville frame and new tank design } or if a Keystone frame could be built ?is there any chance in this"

Was thinking that if this wish is in your note to Santa Claus then you must have been an exceptionally good boy this year. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
SB