Finish my first build: 48cc Chinese kit

GoldenMotor.com

BeWill

Jun 11, 2019
Greetings. I'm new to bike building and I finished my bike yesterday.

I had some trouble getting it together. The first real problem I ran into was the the front mount didn't rest correctly and was way too high, I managed some jury rigging by cutting the mounting bolts and welding it in once everything was in place.

The next problem occurred when I had it all together I went to test it out and the chain snapped due to the clutch being overtightened right out the box.The chain had snapped in several places from my hard pedal trying to just go down a driveway with it completely locked up. I found out through YouTube how to losen it up.

I found out that no shops near me have chains that would work. The chains at bike shops only went as large as 410, and the ATV/motorcycle shops as small as 420. No luck with any hardware stores near me having #41. I ended up ordering a 415 with 10 or so master links for $15 on Amazon and they came yesterday.

While I was waiting for the chain. I decided to change how I had the carb in. I figured the float might not work correctly the way I had it at first so it took a bit of finagling to get it pointed right with the very snug fit it has in my frame.

Yesterday the chain came and I got it in alright. Afterwards I took it out for a ride. It went a bit slower than I expected for a while but after 5 or so miles it started sound a lot smoother and respond to the throttle faster.

During my first ride I did manage to mess up the bike a bit though. I wasn't paying attention to the slack when I adjusted the carberator and the fuel filter was touching slightly against the engine, it burned a hole in the filter. I managed to jury rig a solution with a plastic bag until I made it home.

So that was my story of getting my build together and whatnot. I took it out again a couple times today and it's riding pretty well.

Reactions: indian22