Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Have you gotten that frame yet? In any case the mounting plate can be purchased from AGK and the mounting blocks to mount without welding can be purchased from bicycle-engines.com.

The bracket for the front mount I made and bolts to the engines block that supports the original gas tank. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ElPants21

May 29, 2011
United States
That helps a ton actually. And my particular frame is still being built but should ship in another week and a half. I cant wait! I found a site where i can get dirt bike parts for about the same money as good bicycle parts
http://www.scooterparts4less.com/
so I'm thinking of a dirt bike front end, wheels, brakes and motorcycle tires. id like this thing to do about 60 when i'm done

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Finally.......the *Beast* roars back to life! Man it's about time, I had a few very frustrating days trying to figure out what was up with this previously very reliable racer. After performing a little last minute open heart surgery in some final attempts to fix the engine, it finally paid off. Some pics and a short clip of the engine running again.....

I thought maybe I accidentally was off by a tooth after checking and re-torquing the new-ish con rod cap bolts.......I wasn't.

Lying down on the operating table, still full of fresh oil

And back to life, once again!

Click here...... http://youtu.be/8BploqX6H0k

If the tank and back rim make it in time, should be a fun and exciting day at the races April 13, 2013!

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Finally.......the *Beast* roars back to life! Man it's about time, I had a few very frustrating days trying to figure out what was up with this previously very reliable racer. After performing a little last minute open heart surgery in some final attempts to fix the engine, it finally paid off.

If the tank and back rim make it in time, should be a fun and exciting day at the races April 13, 2013!
You got about 9 days!
what was the problem with the no start?

You gotta race your 99 cc Predator too, we are going to have a 79 cc / 99 cc
Predator race class.
Already have you and Culvercityclassic, headtrama will have his 79 cc finished soon.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
looked hard but couldn't see the cam #'s. all that work and money [lots of it]making a single speed motorised bicycle with peddles bicycle rims/tires ect. to be thrown into a motorcycle class without a chance. i got over $1000 in my wheels alone trying to stay in the bicycle tire/wheel rules. m/x motard rm 250's next? woulda been cheeper to make.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Glade you got it back online Scotto, I am short on gas for the race so I will need to get some of your stuff if you don't mind.... Fair is fair right...

O and the money in these bikes.... Stupid.... Could be ride-n a nice bagger...It's fun tho

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Glade you got it back online Scotto, I am short on gas for the race so I will need to get some of your stuff if you don't mind.... Fair is fair right...

O and the money in these bikes.... Stupid.... Could be ride-n a nice bagger...It's fun tho
Share and share alike......look at my huge gas tank laff

Back rim came in today....

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
looked hard but couldn't see the cam #'s. all that work and money [lots of it]making a single speed motorised bicycle with peddles bicycle rims/tires ect. to be thrown into a motorcycle class without a chance. i got over $1000 in my wheels alone trying to stay in the bicycle tire/wheel rules. m/x motard rm 250's next? woulda been cheeper to make.
I made sure the cam #'s couldn't be read......sorry, trade secret.

Here's the new pint-size fuel tank finished tho.....

stay tuned......

.wee.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
the tank doesn't look so small till i saw how big the bung looks. i really like the way your bike looks. now your gonna have to break out the old brad lackey jerzey bro!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Quite a difference in tank size from my original Slant to the latest version of this frame. I could have made this new one a bit bigger by making it wider but that prolly won't be necessary ;) The larger tank is a half gallon.

This bike is finally coming back together.....it's mean and almost ready to race!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Quite a difference in tank size from my original Slant to the latest version of this frame. I could have made this new one a bit bigger by making it wider but that prolly won't be necessary ;) The larger tank is a half gallon.

This bike is finally coming back together.....it's mean and almost ready to race!
Tank looks a little small for a 20 lap race.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Tank looks a little small for a 20 lap race.
Well then why don't we run a 20 lap race and find out. I won't be one to piss and moan if I run outta gas given these circumstances, knowing full well the size of my tank (tiny). This bike is gonna rip like no other........be there!

I can go 40 miles on a half-gallon with this bike.........do the math. 20 x .8mi. = 16 miles. Race bikes really don't need large tanks unless you're running the Baja 500 or 1,000 and perhaps the Paris to Dakkar. Maybe Barstow to Vegas.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My race bike is still not finished and it's the day before race day. Still need to finish jackshaft, rear brake, catch can, three chains, number plate and on and on. Hope to get up there sometime today........we'll see.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
My race bike is still not finished and it's the day before race day. Still need to finish jackshaft, rear brake, catch can, three chains, number plate and on and on. Hope to get up there sometime today........we'll see.
Catch can?
Finish what you can and don't worry about it.

Who needs a rear brake right? :D they just slow you down.

We are not doing 20 lap races by unpopular demand.

See you there!