Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Got a few things done on the bike today......finished the fork and head set, the bottom bracket and the seatpost w/saddle. Will be mounting the engine tomorrow and possibly the jack shaft and such. Still waiting on the handlebars from Felt. Mocking up a new tank tonight......it'll hold about a thimble's worth of fuel lol.....it's tiny.

I won't be using those h-bars or wheels needless too say...

more tomorrow...

dnut

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
irish brother scotto's day of green tomorrow with his ''irish green racer'' almost done! pot of gold to ya if you can find it! hope you do. god bless you all. dennis

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
To speed things up on the rebuild a bit I whipped up a quick pint-size fuel tank, it took just an hour and a half from start to finish. It just needs welding and it's done....

finished mounting the engine too.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
To speed things up on the rebuild a bit I whipped up a quick pint-size fuel tank, it took just an hour and a half from start to finish. It just needs welding and it's done....

finished mounting the engine too.
I think you should build it as a two part tank and wrap it around the top bar. All you would need to do is have a matting hole with a sealed gasket to connect the two halves of the tank. I the top half would just drain right down into the bottom half and you would fill it from the top half. Then to make it look like one tank you would have side covers that would hide the top and bottom of both tank halves.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The tank and bike look really good scotto. You should have the bungs Tuesday so you can finish it up.
Thank you very much Andy, the bungs actually arrived yesterday (Monday), you're a life saver man!

He won it as a prize from Affordable Go karts along with that exhaust flange.

How do you like that cool cast trophy made by Arrow Motorized Cycles? :D

Hey Scott, how many miles can you eke outta that tiny tank?
Yes, the engine mounting plate was from AGK.

I have no idea how many miles I can get outta this tank as I haven't tested it out yet (obviously). Not even sure of the exact capacity yet but these things will be revealed asap.

it's a small tank alright....

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Got a little work done on Slant racer today.......made the pedal drive chainring and painted the reallllly long Kip Harley seat post once again

the end result will look similar to this...

gonna be real busy getting this bike back to race mode this coming week....stay tuned

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Today I installed a new head gasket and got the engine back together and re-installed. This frame is a bit smaller in the engine compartment than my original Slant as well. Next will be the drivetrain, tomorrow hopefully.

the time is ticking....... getting this finished in time is gonna be tight