Felt 99cc build

GoldenMotor.com

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
Thought I would say hi and post the a pic of my project. It's a bare felt frame and will be built around the Predator 99cc. I'll keep updating as I go along

Dsavage21

Sep 4, 2012
Cedar Hill, Texas
Hey im looking to start a project, what do you think the top speed would be for me?
99cc predator on a 26" bike AGK Air filter and exhaust, ungoverned, AGK Jackshaft, 56 tooth sprocket and 160lb rider.

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill

Sorry for the delay. Nothing is lining up like I figured it would. The most interesting is the jack shaft output is almost touching the seat post tube even with the motor mounted as far outboard as it can get. Worse, the rear sprocket it touching the rear tube. More worse, the rear sprocket is nowhere near inline with the jack shaft output.

On a good note, the disc break set up works fantastically awesome.

(that's the 56 tooth sprocket I have there. I bought all the stuff AGK used/sold. Don't know what I'm missing here)

Last edited:

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill

Here is the AGK disc break set up. They don't supply hardware to bolt on the caliper hanger. I'm not committed to this fork so I'm not welding it on for now.

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
The jackshft is not shipped as a one size fits all. It is universal however. Take off the output sprocket and flip it around if needed. You can also remove the 1/2" wide spacer between the output sprocket and backing plate and replace it with as many 5/8" bore washers as needed to get the sprockets lined up. Call us if you have any questions. This is going to be a really cool bike and we look forward to seeing it finished.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And another thing you can do is space the jackshaft plate off the engine using spacers and longer bolts if need be. And I pretty sure you're gonna need to run the 48t rear sprocket, rather than the 56t to get clearance of the seat stay.

Keep it going, this is the fun part of building a non kit motorized bicycle........

dnut

Normanito

Jul 28, 2012
Liberty Hill
The jackshft is not shipped as a one size fits all. It is universal however. Take off the output sprocket and flip it around if needed. You can also remove the 1/2" wide spacer between the output sprocket and backing plate and replace it with as many 5/8" bore washers as needed to get the sprockets lined up. Call us if you have any questions. This is going to be a really cool bike and we look forward to seeing it finished.
Had been moving things around since I had posted.... I'll figure something out. It's not a parts issue. It's a frame geometry issue.

So, either I commit to the 56 and dimple the frame or order a 48.... Anyone know the total diameter of a 48?