EZR's Full Suspension Summer Project

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Wouldn't a properly placed spring-loaded tensioner (or two) get around the chain slack issue?
There's just a little too much travel to use two chain tensioners. Plus you can't really use a chain tensioner on the top chain b/c its the power side and it would straighten out the chain under power.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Andy, the shifter kit drives through the main chain-wheel and remains in line with the rear wheel, So just like you doing the work the chain will stay in line, no need for an extra tensioning. Have fun, Dave

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Doesn't the derailer work as a chain tensioner? I'd love to see the GT with the jackshaft kit and your custom pipe. When are going to see her in the works Andy?

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI EZ,

Still haven't gotten the frame yet......the shipper got it out late so I'll be lucky to see it by next weekend....The bike is a GT LTS frame similar to yours....I have Pablo's kit ready to be installed.....I'll run a Dax 70 with my tuned pipe....I saw a company that makes a bracket that bolts on to a standard frame to allow disc brake use so I will order that (I am going to pirate all the other parts off my new "donor bike".....I can hardly wait to see what a suspension feels like!

Andrew

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I went trail riding with Dean this morning up in the Santa Cruz Mountains and what a blast that was! The only thing I had to do was change the tires. I ended up using IRC Off Road Tires. Everything went well except for two snapped spokes at the end of the day.
I'll be posting pics of the ride in the Tavern later tonight.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I want to go trail riding. Your bike looks like a lot of fun, and you are putting it to good use. Form and Function. Have fun, Dave

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It was a blast Dave! There were a few steep inclines that I had my doubt about, but my little fifty made it up every hill I climbed.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
It was a blast Dave! There were a few steep inclines that I had my doubt about, but my little fifty made it up every hill I climbed.
EZ I see a FMF sticker on the other bike from Pipeline. I know Donnie Emler from the Flying Machine Factory, I met him wile working for Honda in the 60's. "Pipeline" that rings a bell, did they build pipes for the hot shoe's back in the day? You are not far from all the Moto tracks that influenced the early racing. I see a lot of influence in the builds from Pipeline. Any way Have fun, Dave

PS: If this sounds familiar I still see Roger from Pipe Works.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Dean has been around for a long long time and has made numerous pipes for lots of Big Name Vendors. Of course I can't mention any names but if you could see all of him equipment, you'll see Pipelyne is capable of making any type of pipe and Dean has the years to back it up. The shop is a expansion chamber heaven. Everywhere you look, there's a pipe or Harley Heat Shields in the works.

lisala433

Aug 17, 2008
hinton okla.,USA
do you sell this engine or know who does???.thanks...Phat...and lisa..
p.s.
does pipelyne have a website,couln't find one w/Google..?..Thanksamillion.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I know Pipelyne sells the kits with the pipe and tank included or he sells the engines cheaper than anyone else. Here's the # and ask for Dean. (408)279-2307

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I took the tank off of my old scooter but you could get one from Pipelyne or any local scooter shop.

wizzizer

Sep 8, 2008
Seattle
awesome bike! and great documentation of the build and rides too.

i am now very interested in these motors and i was wondering if there is a pipe available that runs out the bottom instead if the top. i'm afraid i'd burn my leg with that setup.

and are those mounts customized for that bike or are they availible for others and/or universal?

thanks!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Thanks Wizzizer
We currently don't have a pipe that runs underneath the frame. The pipe comes with a heat shield. We ride in shorts most of the time and haven't had one burn incident. In fact, I laid the bike down on the right side (after 15 miles of riding in the hills) with the pipe landing on my bare leg and no burns. The mounts are universal brackets. All you need to do is give Dean the diameter of your frame's tubes.
I just ordered a new reed cage with carbonfiber reeds. I'll post a picture of it before I install it.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
awesome bike! and great documentation of the build and rides too.

i am now very interested in these motors and i was wondering if there is a pipe available that runs out the bottom instead if the top. i'm afraid i'd burn my leg with that setup.

and are those mounts customized for that bike or are they availible for others and/or universal?

thanks!
Check out badjester pic of his bike. He has a pipe that goes underneath

http://motorbicycling.com/f14/allow-myself-introduce-myself-3181.html

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Easy,
I got to say that you have one of the most spectacular bikes I have seen. Many here have built beautiful bikes and normally I prefer cruisers to MTB's. But your build is clean and mean. Very impressive. I enjoyed your updates and pics and very glad that you shared your adventures on the new bike.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Easy,
I got to say that you have one of the most spectacular bikes I have seen. Many here have built beautiful bikes and normally I prefer cruisers to MTB's. But your build is clean and mean. Very impressive. I enjoyed your updates and pics and very glad that you shared your adventures on the new bike.
Thank you for the very nice complement. Because of everyone’s complements and interest in my bike, you guys made it fun for me to post pictures of my build and adventures. I wish all of you guys could take her for a spin because I know everyone would fall in love with that motor set up.
Again Thanks.
Ken