Earth Crusher #0000001

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Well then we should see you out there lapping Scotto in October. Cool
I never made it as a race, bike but more as a legitimate means of transportation. Once I understand this motors heat/time limits, I would love to ride it around a track. I'm not gonna care too much who else is on the track as it's not gonna matter much. As long as it ain't that rat bastage LiveForPhysics. laff

I'm guessing the "Motorcycle Tire Ban" will still be effect or does my bike get a "Exemption For Being Cool" waiver? laff

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I know that you have already done most of the engine work, but an ATV/ pit bike style horizontal engine would look amazing in that frame!

http://www.lifanth.com/en/products-a-services/lifan-engine/horizontal-engine/101-1p52fmh-l.html

Amazing work by the way! I like your choice of scooter disc brakes. Which rotors did you decide to use?
Thanks much. I'm as shocked as you are at how it turned out.

Actually the bike frame was originally designed to hold that very motor or GX200 clone, then I decided to go electric, after the frame was already built. The discs are 203mm standard bicycle discs. Any thicker discs would rub on the fork leg. The front hub is actually a rear hub and it's just too wide to accommodate anything but bicycle discs.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I will be shortening those cables after all. I cocked the motor 30 degrees clockwise since this pic. The cables will now be super short and out of the way for good.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
All I can say is impressive!!! You might end up with a govt contract to build those for military use. How much longer before you test drive?
Thanks Jeff. Actually I already just missed the military contract boat. They just issued a contract for an electric "modern type" dirt bike for Special Forces use. Oh well. If the motor doesn't tear the bike frame to pieces I'm sure it will find it's niche somewhere. What you are looking at so far has cost me $2600 retail. It can be mass produced for much much less.

I ordered a 72T sprocket and Top Hat Adapter from for it from Kings so I could have a rear brake and Andy sent me the massive black sprocket with no Top Hat that goes with it. I can't win for losing. Now I have to wait for that thing to arrive.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It does look military issue........call in the national guard on Mike's Bikes! You may want to visit the patent office....ya never know.

The full screen pics on my 24" monitor look awesome!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
It does look military issue........call in the national guard on Mike's Bikes! You may want to visit the patent office....ya never know.

The full screen pics on my 24" monitor look awesome!
Thanks much Scotto. The military's stealth bike actually looks like any other modern dirt bike, only it's electric. The desert camo is actually for the beach, which I hope to invade with this bike. The lifeguards will never see or hear me. LOL

The motors mount is currently pivoting horizontally on a single bolt. Once I line up the #40 chain, then 5 other bolts will hopefully hold the motor to the bike permanently. I really need that motor to stay put.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The motor looks large and heavy but it only weighs 26 lbs. and not the 37 lbs as stated on Golden Motors website. It's maximum momentary power output rating is 20,000 Watts or almost 27 HP. I seriously have my doubts about that power rating. Nonetheless it will never see more than 20 HP and only for short bursts, as that is what I programmed into that black box at the front of the bike.

A small amount of Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid will be dumped into the motors case to attempt to control the heat this thing is gonna produce.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I never made it as a race, bike but more as a legitimate means of transportation. Once I understand this motors heat/time limits, I would love to ride it around a track. I'm not gonna care too much who else is on the track as it's not gonna matter much. As long as it ain't that rat bastage LiveForPhysics. laff

I'm guessing the "Motorcycle Tire Ban" will still be effect or does my bike get a "Exemption For Being Cool" waiver? laff
You definitely get the "cool" exemption!
Your bike is outrageously cool.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That is some of the stinkiest stuff on the planet.......just sayin' ;)
I'll live with that ATF stink over the stink of a fried BLDC motor and the stink of my sweat if that motor does fry, cause I'll be forced to pedal roughly 230 lbs of electric bike home if it does. Or I'll be calling a tow truck. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
You definitely get the "cool" exemption!
Your bike is outrageously cool.
Thanks much MBR. I will hit the race circuit as soon as I feel confident that this thing actually works half as good as it looks. It is possible that it could all go up in smoke and rubble like Col. Steve Austin landing his X-Plane in the opening of "The 6 Million Dollar Man".

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The final piece of my jigsaw puzzle is right here. I have just a few wire left to deal with is all. Of course nothing I'm doing, with all these cables and wires, came with any kind of instructions whatsoever. All I have is this pic to guide me. No problem. lafflaff

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The final piece of my jigsaw puzzle is right here. I have just a few wire left to deal with is all. Of course nothing I'm doing, with all these cables and wires, came with any kind of instructions whatsoever. All I have is this pic to guide me. No problem. laff

That all looks simple enough ;)

That looks alot like Buzz LightYear to me :D

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That all looks simple enough ;)

That looks alot like Buzz LightYear to me :D
Not so hard wiring it all up as it is hiding all that crap out of sight

Yeah it does. I couldn't find any crash pics of Steve Austin in his plane in the opening of the show. That was all I could find.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Well all cables and wires are now connected and those that can be hidden, are hidden. The unspeakable horror of wires that lies hidden in the tunnel of the gas tank is beyond words. laff

Yes the ignition switch runs right through the top of the gas tank.

The loose red and yellow tipped cable plugs into a PC to program the limits and cutoffs for the motors controller.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The military's bike is actually a hybrid that retails for $15,000. It can run off of any type of fuel including diesel. It's batteries only last 2 hours and it must have a very small gas motor cause I can't even see it.

Does everything that's fast, electric and 2 wheeled in the USA have to originate from San Francisco Bay area? If I see one more electric bike/motorcycle company pop up in SF, I think I'm gonna throw up! Seriously. LOL

Zero, Mission Motors, Lit Motors, BRD

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/hybrid_bikes/

Last edited: