Earth Crusher #0000001

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Lands' End. It's waterproof y'all! I'm gonna put some paddle tires on it and ride it to Catalina (island) on the big blue highway. LOL

I think the tide was going out. I'm not really sure.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
All I need is 8 water bottles and a rear paddle tire and I'm already halfway to Catalina.......in style.

Just look at the confidence inspired look of that girl on a Chinese pond. laff

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
Wow that thing is a beast. Great work and congratulations, you have way more patience and skill than I do that's for sure.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Wow that thing is a beast. Great work and congratulations, you have way more patience and skill than I do that's for sure.
Thanks much.

Trust me when I tell you that I really don't have any patience at all, but once I got knee deep in it that I just have to see it through to the bloody end. I'm too deep in it to quit after only 6 months....... and counting. LOL

Still waiting on a f-ing Top Hat Adapter so I can install the 72T sprocket.

The Cycle Analyst is also on it's way and a pair of 1 AWG gauge battery cables as thick as my pinky finger.

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Mike826,

So what's the projected riding date of your fine machine? I'm thinking of putting together a group ride in the Hollywood/Downtown area, possibly night ride. It would be nice if you could come.

Gilbert

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey Mike826,

So what's the projected riding date of your fine machine? I'm thinking of putting together a group ride in the Hollywood/Downtown area, possibly night ride. It would be nice if you could come.

Gilbert
The only thing I have not already purchased is the batteries and charger. Lot and lots and lots of Turnigy Nanotechs. After which, you will not be able to pry my azz of that motorcycle seat with a crowbar. LOL

I'm guessing the end of July or early August, IF I don't start a battery inferno while charging them or have any dead battery cell issues.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
All I need is 8 water bottles and a rear paddle tire and I'm already halfway to Catalina.......in style.

Just look at the confidence inspired look of that girl on a Chinese pond. laff

I wanna see that do that at a Bass Fishing tournament. You Might have bigger rooster tails than them some of those boats got lol. Things you will need? Rod Reel

First we have our commercial from one of our sponsors. :D

Goat! (we still have yet to see a penny or cap!)

"Bud Light presents, Real Men of genius. Motor-bike style. (Chorus;real men of genius)
Today we salute you, Mr. weed-whacker, motor-bike builder.
(Mr. weed-whacker, motor-bike builder)
Any one can buy a cheap imported scooter. But only you take a yard tool, a bicycle and a socket set to new heights.
(we owe China lots of money)
For the man who has every thing. Every thing except a passenger seat"
(his friends have cars)
All with out a helmet.
((Femail chorus))Gonna scramble your eggs)
So crack open a Bud light Mr. Mystro of the weed-whacker powered motor-bike. We'd sing your praises. But you don't have a muffler and can't hear us.
(Mr Weed-Whacker, Motor-bike Builder)

Anheuser-Bush, Saint Louis Mo"

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Seriously that bike looks sharp as all heck. Looks like it is powered with some kind of alien technology from that beach pict! Looks like a side view pict of one of those preditor movies. You Did good!(^)

How does it handle?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Seriously that bike looks sharp as all heck. Looks like it is powered with some kind of alien technology from that beach pict! Looks like a side view pict of one of those preditor movies. You Did good!(^)

How does it handle?
Thanks Goat. I did what I could, with what I had at my disposal (hand tools and a ultra-tight budget). I wish I had every floor tool and CNC Machine that you see on "American Chopper". I could then unleash all different types of prototypes to test out, and in record time. I hate waiting on parts, from wherever, that could be easily made and mass produced with a simple machine. I absolutely hate it with a vengeance.

To be honest:

The seat is decently comfortable and reasonably low at 29".

It has no problem stopping in a hurry with that front brake.

I can't feel the road hardly at all anymore with those tires on it. It does not feel like any bicycle or motorized bicycle that I've ever ridden before. It does feel like a very lightweight motorcycle.

There is no clutch for the motor, so I will feel every pedal stoke from the motor drag, like I'm a fat man on a stationary exercise bike.

It has moderate Wheel Flop and needs a raked triple tree crown for the fork legs and/or a steering damper to cancel it out. It's not enough to stop me from riding it, but it is annoying as h3ll.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey Mike826,

So what's the projected riding date of your fine machine?
Gilbert
What's the projected date for my "Top Hat Adapter" from "King Sales and Sprockets" arriving to me? I ordered it and a 72T sprocket on May 30, 2014. Only the sprocket arrived in a large box that could have held 50 Top Hat Adapters along with it. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
LOL It does look like alien technology. I definitely didn't plan it that way but that's how it ended up. I really haven't had a plan of any type for this thing to be honest. Everything you see on that bike has always been about function over form. Even the gas tank serves a purpose to cover up a birds nest of cables that lay underneath it. If it also happens to look cool, retro military, or from some Predator movie then so be it.

To me the motor reminds me of that Face Sucker from the movie "Alien". Regardless of what it looks like though, I just need it to Get Down on It in a hurry when I hit the throttle.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I got my top hat adapter from Kings but I'm afraid to chance it by ordering a sprocket
LOL I know right? You think the sprocket would be much more risky. I just screwed up and forgot to mention the Top Hat Adapter in the Notes section of Paypal. Even though I payed for it and it was in the cart.

It's all good though. I unleashed Paypal on Kings and included a link to Kings now defunct Ebay site. Oh the horror the customer Feedback was that. Holy Jesus! laff laff

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
I found my carbide dremel bit and just finished enlarging the hole on my stock sprocket. Took forever because I started with the grind bit. Forgot I had a carbide milling bit

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I found my carbide dremel bit and just finished enlarging the hole on my stock sprocket. Took forever because I started with the grind bit. Forgot I had a carbide milling bit
Luckily I did not have to go through what you had to go through. My tools are cave man primitive. LOL

72 Teeth of Terror and absolutely no way to attach it to my wheel hub. Going on 4 weeks now.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Luckily I did not have to go through what you had to go through. My tools are cave man primitive. LOL

72 Teeth of Terror and absolutely no way to attach it to my wheel hub. Going on 4 weeks now.
Hey Mike
I have a few Chinese steel top hat kinda adapters, 9 hole to 6 bolt disc.

The internal ID is too small but may work for you or have a little material turned off?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey Mike
I have a few Chinese steel top hat kinda adapters, 9 hole to 6 bolt disc.

The internal ID is too small but may work for you or have a little material turned off?
Thanks for the offer MBR.

I ordered a Top Hat Adapter from Jakes a few days ago after unleashing Paypal on King's. I figured I done burned that bridge to the ground so Jake was my last hope really. LOL

Hopefully I'll get the one I ordered from Jake soon.

I really seriously need to get my hands on a CNC machine and just start flooding the market with Top Hat Adapters and massive sprockets for those adapters. Electric bikes need massive sprockets like the one you see in my pic. Normal size sprockets just don't cut it with electric bikes. The gear ratio is all wrong.