Earth Crusher #0000001

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
9hp is insane, 27? Wow.

You going to race it?
No it's for long range transportation, on the street, which is why it has blinkers, head and brake lights. HP is capped electronically by me at 20 HP.

If I race anything it's gonna be cars and motorcycles stopped a light. Then it's gonna get real ugly for them when the light turns green. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
It's straight line, high speed stability is its strong point. It's long wheelbase makes it turn like a truck and it's heavy as h3ll in corners at slow speeds. It would be a tiring racing around anything but an oval track.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
"hey man, why doesn't your motorcycle have an exhuast?"
It has 20 of them. There are ten 1/8" holes running diagonally in each ammo can to vent the batteries, should they decide to spontaneously combust. That's all the exhaust I gots. LMAO

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Share the fantasy.....Channel No.5.

My kickstand thought the fantasy was more of a nightmare from h3ll and snapped itself in half to end its suffering.

The magnetic drag from the motor is like pedaling with 2 flat tires. It will literally suck the life force right out of your body and have you gasping for air. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Now the suspence is killing me. lol. How does it ride??dance1
It's complete electrically and drive-train wise but it has no batteries yet. I'm still waiting for them from China.

The one 1/2" cable running up the seat tube is the negative electrode. The positive electrode runs on the other side of it.

There is tremendous rachety type drag from the motor when it's off. It really only needs 1 mechanical brake as it stops all by itself when the motor is not getting any amps. You can pedal it but not for any length of time. It pedals like the bike weighs 500 lbs. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
What it needs is a centrifugal clutch that engages at around 100 RPM or so to give the rider the ability to actually pedal the bike with no motor drag.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Obviously this motor was made to power something much much heavier than my bike, where the magnetic drag of the motor would not even be noticed over the weight of that vehicle.

On a bicycle, even one as heavy as mine, you can't help but notice it. It sends a shockwave right through your thighs with every crank. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I still in awe of the size of that sprocket
I'm not a big fan of anything that visually stands out like that sprocket but that large azz sprocket allows me to simply change out the motors tiny and cheap sprockets until I get the gear ratio correct for maximum battery efficiency. I have no idea what size motor sprocket that will be yet.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I noticed the Prius has the same motor powering that vehicle, that may be the problem Mike. The clutch is a good idea, make it so it locks up around 3000 rpm for some excitement.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I noticed the Prius has the same motor powering that vehicle, that may be the problem Mike. The clutch is a good idea, make it so it locks up around 3000 rpm for some excitement.
I'm no fan of pedaling but it would be nice if I had that as an option.

3000 is too inefficient for an electric motor. It's usable torque starts as soon as you hit the throttle. It would be sucking up watts for nothing and I would be sitting still for no good reason until it hit 3000 RPM.

3000 RPM = 44 MPH at my bikes current gear ratio. It would make for an interesting ride in traffic to say the least. LOL

The most I could pedal that thing at it's weight is less than 100 RPM. If the clutch engaged at 100 RPM then I could pedal without ever worrying about the clutch engaging. I needs a custom made adjustable centrifugal clutch like a modded Noram Cheetah. xct2

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Here's the battery cables running to the ammo cans and the 175A Andersen Power connector that's the size of a really old clamshell cell phone. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
If you removed the spark plug on a 2 stroke bike, popped the clutch and started pedaling, the drag from that motor would not equal the drag felt on this motor. Running out of electricity just isn't an option on this bike. laff

I'm waiting on a sprocket roller to replace the rubber wheel roller. I hate those rubber wheel rollers but that's all I had.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
If I keep cranking on those allen head bolts and adding washer weight, I wonder if I could drop the Cheetahs bite down to 100 RPM? It makes me wonder. laff

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
If I keep cranking on those allen head bolts and adding washer weight, I wonder if I could drop the Cheetahs bite down to 100 RPM? It makes me wonder. laff

You could just use a freewheel motor output sprocket if you can find one strong enough, that's what I use on my 50V 1860W shifting e-bikes, or in this case an e-Beast.

Nowhere near the power you are talking but it has gears so it might run with you.

I was thinking an easy mechanical disengage of the motor from the drive train.
That would be pretty easy to do with a belt but a chain presents a different problem and a cent clutch seems like a poor solution.
How often do you plan to be pedaling it anyway?

Speaking of braking by motor drag, have you considered a regenerative braking system?
That big electric motor is a heck of a generator, have it charge your batteries.

If you think that motor has drag doing nothing, it would probably lock your back wheel even hurtling downhill even with all that weight on the back wheel if you tried to charge with too much current, but one thing is for sure, it would make for a good brake if you could control it ;-}