Votes: 8 24.2%
  • other stain

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was mistaken. It was strictly the historical committee. Went great!

They, no kidding, said 3 times that it is a "real pretty shed" and passed it unanimously. I was expecting some sort of old world New England style town hall meeting but it was incredibly casual. Every one was in shorts and comfortable attire. No podium or one "ayup" was heard.
Really love our little town.

Find out tomorrow what the next step is. Think the building permit and hoping as it is just a shed that I don't have to apply to the wet land thing but it is close so dunno.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
More information on bat houses or the straight poop on bat dip;

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!! STOP AND CORRECT IT! you do a BIG ERROR! If you build it with this kind of plywood or other synthetic wood, you kill the baby bats...
When the baby bats are there, is a great temperature inside the house and with this heat, the synthetic glues and polymers used to build up this "wood" generate gas who kill the bats. They are really sensitives to synthetic materials... The best what you can do with this house, is to burn it up, and build new one with natural, untreated wood. The unique material what you can use as a wood conservative is some vegetable (NOT MINERAL) oil. And also the same for the paint and sealants!"

http://www.instructables.com/id/Free-Green-Energy-Efficient-Insect-Repellant/

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I say we make this the normal response when having a differing opinion.

"Master links are wrong...."

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!! STOP AND CORRECT IT! you do a BIG ERROR!"

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I say we make this the normal response when having a differing opinion.

"Master links are wrong...."

Hrm.

"You SCARE new posters OFF with this ERRORS!!"

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL. That's going in the bumper sticker file Nunya.

Soon to have a place to make em! So expletive excited.

Tshirts, flying boats. ......

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, just heard this on NPR;

"What'd your engineer say about the foundation and the roof?"

"Who needs engineers? This isn't a train."

"I just saw it move."

From Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House script. Cary Grant and Myra Loy movie.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dan, regular common nails will back out over time. If you don't have a nail gun screws will hold better, although ribbed nails for a nail gun hold almost as well. If you want zero floor squeaks use liquid nails on the floor system, I did on my den I built in 1994 and its as solid as a concrete floor.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Good catch on the pressure treated killing little bat buddies. Good ol' PL5000 works great too, compared to liquid nail. btw Dan, Those are super strength adhesives, that love wood. You put it on top of your floor joists before laying down the floorboard.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have a true hatred for squeaking floors! Just an odd pet peeve.
I wonder around the house a lot late at night & early mornings. Every dang loud board goes threw me like nails on a chalk board. I never wake any one but man, hate it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIedVG_45E
LOL, /end rant.

But if screws work better and is just a time thing, I got a lot of that, dangit.

Got a letter today officially granting permission from the Historic District Commission. (Really good folks) Now building permit. I forgot to ask about the wet land thing but no one has mentioned it. Dunno.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The bat thing is a fun thought. Been wanting one for a long time. Not that skeeters are a problem here. (which I don't understand. There is standing water) But really like the thought of them eating bugs all night and the birds, all day.

I am gonna put at least one solar powered yard light on the building to attract bugs. I don't know if that will help but was mentioned. Is all a big experiment. A really, really expensive experiment, lol.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Forgot to say thanks for the adhesive, heads-up. Put it on the shopping list.

Triple posting! Shy of the record but close!

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The bat thing is a fun thought. Been wanting one for a long time. Not that skeeters are a problem here. (which I don't understand. There is standing water) But really like the thought of them eating bugs all night and the birds, all day.
Dang! Your getting bats that eat birds too! :p:)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har, lol Goat

We grow our bats big and bad! Tuff bats from the street. They don't play. They quit school 'cause they had recess....