BoXer Race Bicycle transformation!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
the side walls are thinner so mounting is a snap. a thicker tube takes care of that, the tread is close to the hooks and the price cant be beat. lucky we have this forum or i'd be lost in space. dennis

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
the side walls are thinner so mounting is a snap. a thicker tube takes care of that, the tread is close to the hooks and the price cant be beat. lucky we have this forum or i'd be lost in space. dennis
So true Dennis. Now if only I could find a thorn proof 24x2.5" inner tube.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Sorry too hear that. I have mebbe 5000 miles on my front tube now? I forgot to slime it too and it never has been disappointing.

Tire and tube have been left on undisturbed since day one. Have not had it apart yet! The Cyclops is a bit snug with it I must admit . On my second Cyclops and all is still well.

Been getting about 2500 miles out of the rear roughly
The front tire is the famous Hook Worm.

Say My BoXer is nearing the 20,000 mile mark. Do I get a prize?(^)
dnut

Wounder how much Dave has on his? I remember when I saw those L.M. wheel sets on your ride I had to get a set put together . Complements the whole machine. The Holmes Hobbies Sapiens have been the bomb still.. Have had nothing to do to these wheel's spokes, as they are still tight as I built them.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I might be catching up with you soon Goat!!! lol
I've been putting on 30+ miles every night since I've made it into an electric BoXer. In fact, I just got home from a ride 15 minutes ago. It's nice to ride around in silence. No one seems to hear you coming and when you pass by, people have that look like "That guy can sure ride his bicycle fast!" or "What the heck is that with those bright lights"
I can honestly say I've put on close to 1k miles on mine.
Is there a good speedo and odometer that will work with my downhill forks?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
any speedo will work. unlike the 2 stroke motors you get no interference. i been packing on the miles to, they are a blast

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
The hard part is my front forks are inverted. The bottom part is the part that goes into the cylinder so mounting the receiver will be tough unless I mount it on my shields.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
if you ask the bike shop their is a mount for them that you basically glue on the fork or your shields and don't need the tie straps. their is a few options out their I am sure.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
phone app works great, that is what ba uses. get a good phone mount for the bike and you will be all set

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Good thing I had a iPhone 4 mount on my road bike. It fits but the only thing is my new phone is longer. It's a snug fit which is a good thing.

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
ya I got an iphone 5 and my iphone 4 mount don't work either. the iphone 4 fell out of my pocket when riding down the mountain and a truck then ran it over lol. I bought a $10.00 dollar speedo after that

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It did okay in the cradle. When I locked out the rear suspension, the phone did bounce alot in the cradle. With full travel of the suspension working, it was fine. I did find it a little distracting. I noticed myself watching the phone instead of enjoying the ride so I put the phone in my pocket and checked the data when I got home.
I only wished I burned that many calories!!!lol

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
This app I have is pretty cool. It emails me the data in every ride but what I'm impressed with is my bike can get 43 miles in a single charge. I'm sure it could have gotten more but I didn't feel like pedaling the bike home with a dead battery.

Attachments

bikeslob

Jul 31, 2013
Gresham, Oregon
Do they have one of these for the Galaxy s4? I switched over from my iphone 4s because I didn't like being owned by itunes. But the iphone was niftier in a lot of ways.