GoldenMotor.com

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Those guys are absolutely righty right ! as far as fitting grips, the soaking the grips in hot water works best and Velo those are pretty close I like them.

JohnThomas Sorrels

Dec 28, 2011
Ramona/ San Diego
You might be surprised how well the air method works, no chemicals needed and you can get a regular 7/8" grip over the throttle sleeve, it will actually expand the grip for a second while you push it on but like I said earlier, you don't want to have to take it off again.

I'd imagine that boiling water as Velo stated works also, we used that method for putting ends on high pressure hoses at my previous job, the hose looked like the same I.D. as the fitting you were going to install into it until you let it sit in some boiling water for a few seconds and it would slip right over than shrink and tighten down as it cooled.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! Man I purchased a pair of the Grand Terismo in white yesterday for $9.99 + $5.oo for shipping, same thing you posted
Thanks!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I ordered my Jaguar cdi/coil high performanc kit last while JNMotors listed "4 In Stock" by the time I was though with the order they were out WOOOOOO!! Glad I got mine.
This is the peddle sprocket I want to order but info on it doesn't say for 3-piece crank or solid (Schwinn type) looks like it will take a 1/8 'x1/2 ' chain the rest of the pic's is parts

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ebay Vintage bicycles/peddles $50,oo free ship 3 3/4" long, I wish the sprocket guys would get back with me, this sprocket would look so good on the Indian, it's soooo!!! mechanical looking

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
A shot of your wifes hair spray onto the inside of the handlebar grip, then immediately put on the handlebar. They will slide right on and stay put!

ANTIQUECYCLES

Mar 2, 2012
Inland Empire
Congratulations on your new baby girls! (Grandchild & Chinagirl) Those mounts appear to be for a chinagirl.

Maybe you can score one of Dans 7:10 scale Indian twins to build her a 20" BTR? She'll be riding in no time :)

Last edited by a moderator:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yes the mounts are for a what used to be a Chinee engine, I say that because the engine, is No! longer Chinee the parts are Litterally from all over the world, you name the Country and I've got a part from it for that engine.
I've decided to go with the Honda GC QHA-1 160cc 4-stroke on the next build and trust me the next build will be the first for anyone, still nostalgic and a style from the 1900's the little China engine's just require too much attention, my engine is no longer really Chinee, it is highly modified with parts from every corner of this earth (well just about) I relize that each build has it's challenges but I'd rether have the challenge with the whole bike insted of just the engine, this Indian will scream though 3hp to 6hp
Found a super cool chainwheel on the bay I will post shortly gotta pull the pic's up and my cream colored peddles came today and they are the coolest ever!! NOS tape ring incircling the peddles say's made in the USA 1940 by Cecorp.
thanks! for the congrats on the new Grandaugther, but I have a 3yr old who is right there with me on the bike scene so she will get the 20"er she is so stocked up and giggly every time I sit her on a bike I just gotta build her one for her birthday in Nov and will post it just for the fun of it, wish I had a bum engine I could gut and then mount it in the frame for her, that would make her Day

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Yes the mounts are for a what used to be a Chinee engine, I say that because the engine, is No! longer Chinee the parts are Litterally from all over the world, you name the Country and I've got a part from it for that engine.
I've decided to go with the Honda GC QHA-1 160cc 4-stroke on the next build and trust me the next build will be the first for anyone, still nostalgic and a style from the 1900's the little China engine's just require too much attention, my engine is no longer really Chinee, it is highly modified with parts from every corner of this earth (well just about) I relize that each build has it's challenges but I'd rether have the challenge with the whole bike insted of just the engine, this Indian will scream though 3hp to 6hp
Found a super cool chainwheel on the bay I will post shortly gotta pull the pic's up and my cream colored peddles came today and they are the coolest ever!! NOS tape ring incircling the peddles say's made in the USA 1940 by Cecorp.
thanks! for the congrats on the new Grandaugther, but I have a 3yr old who is right there with me on the bike scene so she will get the 20"er she is so stocked up and giggly every time I sit her on a bike I just gotta build her one for her birthday in Nov and will post it just for the fun of it, wish I had a bum engine I could gut and then mount it in the frame for her, that would make her Day
LOL Trukd, you're bike is awesome...... BUT..... it doesn't matter how many "route 66" shirts I wear I'm still an Aussie..... And there is no amount of Italian suits I can wear that would make me any less of an Aussie. laff

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yha but Damnn! Harry, you sure would look and walk alot better in that suite, probably sound different with some other suite's around too! LOL!!!LOL!!!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Man I can't waite for everything to get here , it's killing me, I wanna get everything together and just go, this buid has been going to slow but Dammmnn it is going to be beautiful and run good too!