Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
George liked to use "best" figures for his sales, and therefore publicised an actual* figure, rather than the formula used for road tax.

* actual in the sense of the readings being taken on a good day, downhill and and with a strong following wind.

I've seen his personal 1,000cc sv racer. He won 51 races in a row on it. Would have won 52 except the rules stated you had to cross the finishing line together.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yes Different countries different ways, I want hear about it all,My Dad has thirteen vintage/antique vehicles and has owned desiresble modle cars all my life (so now I'm kinda a gear head) he mostly a FORD guy but when I see fords from around the world and they're different designs it amaze's me, the same with bikes an European Indians did have some slight differences as well, can you tell from these these pic's

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Ford owned Simca, the French company for a few years. Surprise, surprise, some of the cars looked like the UK Consul and the German Taunus. I don't know what familial style they would correspond to in America.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ford for a little while sold in America a car built in Poland but didn't last more then a year on our market.
Kristof... I'm doing the research &developement on that now but there is a thread called Puch Head under the High Performance Section and a very intelligant young man called Maurtis and he can fill you in as well

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Think'n bout using these for the Indian, they look pretty period correct for the Indian btr's of old, sure wish I could find some white or cream colored coke bottle grips

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Think'n bout using these for the Indian, they look pretty period correct for the Indian btr's of old, sure wish I could find some white or cream colored coke bottle grips
I got grips like that on my Sportster.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just got my intake manifold tube back from Dan so tomorrow I'll do some more fitting and I just ordered some parts as well so the build should pick up speed here shortly, Sorry!! for the stall

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
In regaurds to Velo... Yeah! thats what my wife say's and the hangover monday injection mold are to Cool!! just to bad there blue Daaammmnnnnit!!!
Biknut ....you just tape the bars,eletrical tape or masking tape and put the grips over that

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Biknut ....you just tape the bars,eletrical tape or masking tape and put the grips over that
What I was wondering about is, normally motorcycle grips have a bigger diameter grip for the throttle. Bicycle grips don't. How will those grips fit on the throttle?

JohnThomas Sorrels

Dec 28, 2011
Ramona/ San Diego
What I was wondering about is, normally motorcycle grips have a bigger diameter grip for the throttle. Bicycle grips don't. How will those grips fit on the throttle?
You can install the grip using an air gun while sliding it over the throttle, it stretches the grip enough to slide on, good luck ever getting it off in one piece though.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I've had luck using very hot water and and a bit of dishsoap. Soaking the grip in the hot water softens it and with a fair amount of effort and the lube from the dab of soap thell go on. Like JTS sayd though. Good luck ever getting it off the throttle side .

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
You could always just run grips, and use a vintage mower trottle lever instead. It keeps the profile of the bars down and the lever just looks like it belongs. Perfect for a vintage project like this. I run them on a couple of my bikes.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!jQE6805ie,GBO-8wZR)gQ~~60_3.JPG