Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yes ! I will try to replicate the crank case and the aluminium mounting backets everything will be flat but sense I'll be bolting all to the engine mount arms and frame it will give it some thickness, I'll powder coat the crank the same color as the bike and leave the mounting brackets a SHINY! aluminium with chrome acorn nuts

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Go to either google search or google images and type in Taylar motorbikes and or Dan Taylar motorbikes if you watch Dans video you'll see my Indian # 1 Baby thats why it's getting done right!

Last edited:

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Very nice build. Are your rims power coated or painted. I would like to paint mine but I am afraid the paint would flake off when I mounted or removed the tires.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
My rims were Powder coated but I'll tell ya something I bought some paint from Auto Zone called VHT Caliper paint for the engine and so far it has held up Great, they come in different colors and also make a high temp engine paint which is also chemical resistant, but I also allow for the paint to not only dry but cure as well that takes about 72 HRS. before I mess with it then I color sand and polish with a top notch car wax it kinda hardens the paint and I was still carefull about mounting the tires, if yours have to be mounted at a shop make sure they use the plastic tip plungers when they do

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Back with the chains again! I believe I'll have to get a smaller peddle chain ring 32t,30t,28t chains just aren't doing what I want them to do, sad because the lucky 7 36t looks period correct, won't be using the nickle plated peddle chain either un-less it will work on the smaller sprocket as it is already cut.
The drive chain is tighter then, well I won't say what it is as tight as, but you get the point, it will stretch in time (LOL!) as they all do!
Each bike has it's challenge's I guess and thats why we compare our bike's to a women.
here is a cool pic

Attachments

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Amazing that these 500cc & 1000cc bikes of old didn't put out any real HP, a PK 68.5/80cc puts out 3.5 HP and with the mods I'm doing I will barely tip 5 HP I'm sure that gearing has a lot to do with it as well as boring,porting,valves,carbs amazing that a 50cc Morini can give you 9 HP.
I'll explain a bit here. The hp rating on British bikes was nothing to do with the actual output, it was a formula based on bore and stroke for road tax purposes.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
I'll explain a bit here. The hp rating on British bikes was nothing to do with the actual output, it was a formula based on bore and stroke for road tax purposes.
and here I thought is was the less then 6-1 compression and the ultra low octane fuel that was available at that time. Plus the use of sidevalve/flathead motors.

plus the need to make the motors cheaply so no hand fitting of the parts was needed so no close tolerances where needed.

Now take a Brough Superior that was hand built one at a time and it had MUCH more power then a mass produced cycle of the same time period.

Same goes for Harley Davidson and Indian when compared to Crooker motorcycle. Crooker had a warranty where if it was beaten by either a HD or indian in a race Al Crooker would refund the cost of the motorcycle.

So much for your theory

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Different countries, different ways. I believe you've never had road tax in America, so the needs of hp rating differed considerably.

Please don't try to be competitive and score points, I came here to be happy among people who enjoy the simple charm of the slow motorcycle, not get into silly pointless arguments over things that don't really matter.