Bike builders that have machine tools/shops

GoldenMotor.com

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
Dennis a pity about the beans still in the field. We still have feed grain to combine and cotton is just starting to come into the gins...this goes on till January at least, though often longer. Cattle on winter wheat everywhere I rode by the thousands agriculture here is 12 months and no breaks though many breakdowns!

I like both engines, but the transmission engines are game changers and when rode responsibly really easy on frames. I prefer the Lifan over a CVT driven 212 as an everyday rider, but the horizontal engine poses some of it's own mounting concerns.

Rick C.
Thanks Rick for the reply and I am wondering if I have the room in that extended stock frame for a Lifan? That would be
a concern. We are getting a couple of inches of snow this AM and the fellas with the bean fields might be in trouble if
the weather goes into a deep freeze. The corn can wait and can be combined with several inches of snow on the
ground.

I've had less problems with the 212 engine and bike versus the 49cc on the other bike. Granted, the 49cc has to work
harder than the 212 since the 212 just loafs along on the road. Need to be living in a area of the Country where a
person can ride year round in good weather. :D I need to look up the size specs on the different Lifan engines and
decide if a semi automatic versus a manual transmission would also be the choice if I decide to change over.
Keep warm over there...
Dennis

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Thanks Rick for the reply and I am wondering if I have the room in that extended stock frame for a Lifan? That would be
a concern. We are getting a couple of inches of snow this AM and the fellas with the bean fields might be in trouble if
the weather goes into a deep freeze. The corn can wait and can be combined with several inches of snow on the
ground.

I've had less problems with the 212 engine and bike versus the 49cc on the other bike. Granted, the 49cc has to work
harder than the 212 since the 212 just loafs along on the road. Need to be living in a area of the Country where a
person can ride year round in good weather. :D I need to look up the size specs on the different Lifan engines and
decide if a semi automatic versus a manual transmission would also be the choice if I decide to change over.
Keep warm over there...
Dennis
Dennis the Lifan's make about 7 & 3/4 hp and are pretty smooth running. I had issues with the auto, we were pretty rough with them to be fair, but the 4 speed manual held up much better to the abuse...this was in off road carts driven by teenage kids, more weight & I'd hazard a guess here; more bad behavior than you would ever subject a moto bicycle to.

They are long motors, but this keeps the bikes center of gravity quite low when mounted in a proper motor cradle. I'd think a major frame stretch would be necessary for most frames. I have seen several nice bike builds with duplex tubes used to replace the single down tube and the engine jug going through these two support tubes. The engine base plate fabricated to connect the twin down tubes to the bikes bottom bracket, but a simple stretch of the frame is easy with this engine because there is no need to change frame height to clear a big vertical motor. All the tubes lines remain the same, if you want.

The Predator is a good motor & CVT a good transmission device, it all depends on what you want. I'm just filling in some blanks for you to consider.

Rick C.

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
Dennis the Lifan's make about 7 & 3/4 hp and are pretty smooth running. I had issues with the auto, we were pretty rough with them to be fair, but the 4 speed manual held up much better to the abuse...this was in off road carts driven by teenage kids, more weight & I'd hazard a guess here; more bad behavior than you would ever subject a moto bicycle to.

They are long motors, but this keeps the bikes center of gravity quite low when mounted in a proper motor cradle. I'd think a major frame stretch would be necessary for most frames. I have seen several nice bike builds with duplex tubes used to replace the single down tube and the engine jug going through these two support tubes. The engine base plate fabricated to connect the twin down tubes to the bikes bottom bracket, but a simple stretch of the frame is easy with this engine because there is no need to change frame height to clear a big vertical motor. All the tubes lines remain the same, if you want.

The Predator is a good motor & CVT a good transmission device, it all depends on what you want. I'm just filling in some blanks for you to consider.

Rick C.
Rick, thanks for the input! The engines/trans aren't too far out of the price range. I might have to order the engine/trans
just to see what I would be dealing with. The engine/trans are being used on dirt bikes and you can be sure that they
are being abused and holding up in the reviews I've seen. The ole Predator engines are pretty reliable too and a Lifan
doesn't draw as much attention like a Predator with a CVT on it. I was wondering how the noise level was with a decent
muffler on the Lifan was compared to the 212cc Predator? The next few months I need to decide one or the other to have
it ready for Spring. I need to sell the 49cc bike and put those $$$ into upgrading things. Again, thanks for the input...
Dennis

Reactions: fasteddy

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Ramona will have been in hospital a week on Monday with a preliminary diagnosis of.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/multiple-myeloma/symptoms-causes/syc-20353378

Ramona has always been the rock upon which my life exists. The sweetest person I have ever known is now afflicted with a life threatening disease. Prayers are like pissing in the wind. I told her where she is at and how fragile her present quality of life is. I would give a nickle if she took me serious
Tom

Reactions: EZL and fasteddy

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
Ramona will have been in hospital a week on Monday with a preliminary diagnosis of.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/multiple-myeloma/symptoms-causes/syc-20353378

Ramona has always been the rock upon which my life exists. The sweetest person I have ever known is now afflicted with a life threatening disease. Prayers are like pissing in the wind. I told her where she is at and how fragile her present quality of life is. I would give a nickle if she took me serious
Tom
Tom, sorry to hear that and I hope something can be done for her.

Dennis

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
You have my deepest sympathy Tom. Diagnosis sucks, but Ramona is fortunate to have the love of her life care so deeply for her when she needs it most. I'm in a similar situation with my wife Jen who, after 45 marvellous years together, is now enduring her sixth year since dementia diagnosis and being cared for at home solely by me. It can be tough, but there are always rewarding times and many happy memories to help make up for it. Hang in there.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
You have my deepest sympathy Tom. Diagnosis sucks, but Ramona is fortunate to have the love of her life care so deeply for her when she needs it most. I'm in a similar situation with my wife Jen who, after 45 marvellous years together, is now enduring her sixth year since dementia diagnosis and being cared for at home solely by me. It can be tough, but there are always rewarding times and many happy memories to help make up for it. Hang in there.
Thanks Pete, you have a hard row to hoe. Having one so dear to you afflicted as your good wife has been, is one of humanities great tragedies. Ramona and I have had 32years of normal, but is 73, about the time what will go wrong most certainly will.
Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
What terrible news. I hope it was found at an early stage.

Steve.

Acording to #2 son whose day job is Health Care Lawyer Mona is stage 3. the L4 vertebrae chewed up by white cells to the point of pinching the spinal cord. It is just there on her spine but we awaiting a second biopsy to confirm that it is correct to the original diagnosis.
Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
[QUOTE="indian22, post: 680991, member: 47035"]My wish for great love,strength & courage for your entire family at this time Tom.
Rick C.[/QUOTE]

Thank-you Rick,
It is the most singular trying time to date. It is my turn to be Ramona's rock and if it does not kill me I will be stronger. Having a soul mate suffer is incomprehensibly more difficult than I could ever have imagined, and today was just another one.
Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Tom, sorry to hear that and I hope something can be done for her.
Thank-you Dennis,
It is fortunate that Ramona's youngest son is a health care lawyer and has full access to Mona's transcript and my nieces husband Brent Williams is head of radiology at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine. Brent is mildly distracted as he has to pass his boards at the University of Chicago School of Medicine after his two year internship in Milwaukee, but Brent will be there for Mona
Tom

Last edited:

EZL

May 13, 2016
Chenoa, Illinois, USA
Thank-you Dennis,
It is fortunate that Ramona's youngest son is a health care lawyer and has full access to Mona's transcript and my nieces husband Brent Williams is head of radiology at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine. Brent is mildly distracted as he has to pass his boards at the University of Chicago Scholl of Medicine after his two year internship in Milwaukee, but Brent will be there for Mona
Tom
I hope something can be done for her and it's depressing to have something like that come up. There are so many young
people dying these days and it seems when Winter comes a friend passes away or a relative passes on. Well, everyone's
prayers are with her and the family. Take care...
Dennis

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Still no results of Fridays biopsy.
Mona was measured for a back brace Friday and it was strapped on her Sunday afternoon and adjusted while Mona was standing and the technician took off.
It wasn't right he had to come back. When I came in her room today she was fighting the chin cup, and she is not a happy camper. But Mona smiled anyway.
Pardon the hospital hair.
Tom

DSCN0906.JPG

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Down to visit Mona at St. Luke's today. Up to eleventh floor and as I pass the nurses station "her" nurse tells me she was just been moved to the twelfth floor Room T12-129,
About face, forward and up to her room and she surely was a fresh arrival, with all her belongings still bagged and packed.

12th floor is Oncology, so it is time now for Mona to be treated for her cancer. Today Mona got her crosshair targets to zap the most severely damaged vertebrae. Monday the zapping ...

See More

About this website

youtube.com

Juice Newton - The Sweetest Thing I've Ever Known
Oldies

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Prayers from us all on the forum for Mona's treatment to have the desired effect, Tom.
My brother-in-Law's MRI scan last Thursday detected his bowel cancer returned for round two this last week - so our family and yours are kind of fighting the same enemy.
It may sound trivial, but your music choices can be a great help during these times. I often sit alongside Jen on the sofa with tears streaming down my face listening to and viewing our favourite oldies on YouTube..