Bairdco Racing Series Begins June 16 in Riverside!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i'm running helium in my tires. and pirelli sent me their new compound tires. they're made of flubber.

i had uncle jesse whip me up a batch of 'shine he useta run in his bootlegger car, and evel kneivel lent me his arthritis zapper so my body doesn't ache after the race.

a new age girl i know made me some valve stem caps outta magic crystals.

got some of burt's nitro pills in the tank, and a pair of speedos from the guy in that famous bonneville picture.

a little chinese woman next door fung shai' d my bike, and i've been reading "the art of war" all week.

i haven't checked my tickets yet, but i probably won the lottery, too... :)

Sounds like a great recipe for third place.....ya gotta have a few more tricks up yer sleeve for a trophy ;) Go easy on the shine.....gonna be a long day tomorrow. See ya tomorrow, you know where...........the Pits!

brnot

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Was hoping to get off work early enough to make the drive to Cali...not going to happen :(

Hope everyone has a great time and a safe race. Make sure to share photos and videos for us who could not make it.

dnut

OG-Whizzerdude

Nov 28, 2011
Blythe, CA
I had really planned on bringing the old school Whizzer to the race just to blow some peddles off at the track but my wife was rushed to the hospital and I just couldn't make it.
I sure hope I'll get my chance at another race.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
thanks for coming, luke. you and your bike are always a highlight to see. and the ultimate final was pretty exciting with you and cristophe's super moped battling it out. looks like a gasser finally gave you some competition!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Official Results:

50cc

1st Place: Will "so sauty" #114,
DNF: Sophorn "nostyle"
DNF: Buba
DNF: guy with the chopper. don't have your name, sorry

2 stroke:

1st Place: Kevin Takahashi, #57, Piston Bikes
2nd Place: Steve "magrider" #8, Arrow Cycles
3rd place: Johnny, #67, Piston Bikes
4th Place: Andy, "head trauma" #59

the 50cc/ slower class was combined with the 2 stroke class in the final. earlier i posted that andy (headtrama)and Will (so sauty) were lapped, and Will held him off for an overall 4th place.

what happened was, Will was lapped by the top 3, but not by andy. Will came across the finish with andy coming up behind, and given another lap or two, andy probably woulda lapped Will, too.

sorry, Will. looks like you came in 5th overall, but you still got first in the 50cc/slower class...:)

2 stroke DNF's:
Bairdco, #33
Jimmy Rust, #88
Ryan, #5
Norm from Venice Bikes, #68
Jake "dogtown burner" #03
Rich, #86

Ultimate Race:

1st Place: Luke, "liveforphysics" #100 E Bike
2nd Place: Cristophe, #174, Tomohawk Tuning Moped (hey you, get some pedals!:))
3rd Place: Jonathan "Iceman", #15, Wolf customs 4 stroke
4th Place: David "Flying Dutchman," #32, 4 stroke
5th Place: Scotto, #3, 4 stroke
6th Place: Andy, "headtrauma," 4 stroke
7th Place: Ryan, E bike, (lapped)

the ultimate race and the Mid HP class was combined.

Important Edit!
Headtrama's briggs and stratton bike was the only mid hp bike in the ultimate final, so first place is rightfully his.

(sorry andy, i'll make it up to you...:))

DNF's

superharry, #26, B&S Mid HP
Dale, "msrfan," #12, B&S Mid HP
Mathew, #70, Joker Machine (i think) 4 stroke
Tyler, #52, Joker Machine (i think) 4 stroke

to the best of my knowledge (remember, it's 2am,) these scores are accurate. if any rider finds a discrepancy, i spelled your name wrong, mis-classed you, etc, feel free to correct it.

thanks everyone for an awesome time, i'll post a write-up on the action tomorrow. just wanted to get the results posted up real quick-like...:)

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Official Results:

50cc

1st Place: Will "so sauty" #114, E Bike

(4 riders in the class, the other 3 DNF'd. it's almost 2 am and i don't have their names in front of me, i'll edit this later, sorry..)

2 stroke:

1st Place: Kevin Takahashi, #57, Piston Bikes
2nd Place: Steve "magrider" #8, Arrow Cycles
3rd place: Johnny, #67, Piston Bikes
4th Place: Andy, "head trauma" #59 (lapped)

(important note. the 2 stroke and the 50cc classes were combined in the final. Will and Andy were both lapped, with Will finishing in front of andy, for a 4th place overall, and first in class.)

2 stroke DNF's:
Bairdco, #33
Jimmy Rust, #88
Ryan, #5
Norm from Venice Bikes, #68
Jake "dogtown burner" #03
Rich, #86

Ultimate Race:

1st Place: Luke, "liveforphysics" #100 E Bike
2nd Place: Cristophe, #174, Tomohawk Tuning Moped (hey you, get some pedals!:))
3rd Place: Jonathan "Iceman", #15, Wolf customs 4 stroke
4th Place: David "Flying Dutchman," #32, 4 stroke
5th Place: Scotto, #3, 4 stroke
6th Place: Andy, "headtrauma," 4 stroke
7th Place: Ryan, E bike, (lapped)

the ultimate race and the Mid HP class was combined.

DNF's

superharry, #26, B&S Mid HP
Dale, "msrfan," #12, B&S Mid HP
Mathew, #70, Joker Machine (i think) 4 stroke
Tyler, #52, Joker Machine (i think) 4 stroke

to the best of my knowledge (remember, it's 2am,) these scores are accurate. if any rider finds a discrepancy, i spelled your name wrong, mis-classed you, etc, feel free to correct it.

thanks everyone for an awesome time, i'll post a write-up on the action tomorrow. just wanted to get the results posted up real quick-like...:)
Hey baird I don't think I was lapped in the race .

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Good job Baird. Fun track until dark. The cool air was welcome and the bikes ran great, but the lighting in a couple places made it real easy to run off the track. I don't know about the other racers, but my night vision sucks. I bailed after the second heat at around 9:15. Still had a blast on the track and in the pits. Looking forward to the next race. I'll try not to get lapped by all the predators. Congratulations to all the finishers and winners.