Annoying People.......

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by r00t4rd3d, Sep 29, 2010.

1. tire

tire New Member

I go to Texas A&M University and there are probably only a dozen on the entire campus. I've seen three, I think. A few scooters, a decent amount of motorcycles... and thousands and thousands of bicycles (normal). I have no doubt I'll be questioned a lot but I like talking cars (err... bikes...) with people. I'm investing in a long chain though to prevent theft... Working too hard to not invest in some security.

Austin

2. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Killer C you in Windsor?

Steve.

3. PR3C150N

PR3C150N New Member

MMMMM i hate it too, Bunch of feral people tried to run after me and looks like they were going to push me off if they caught up to me , at 10:00 and night.

#23 PR3C150N, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  4. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

5. The_Aleman

The_Aleman New Member

I just tell people to Google "bicycle engines" and check out the forums in that search if they have more questions. I've been riding these since 2002 and don't always have time to talk, especially when I'm on an ale mission. I say "gotta run!", pull the cord, pull the throttle trigger and leave with a small wheelie lol

6. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

I got the "That's Cheating!" accusation one time from a guy on a Cannondale at a light. He was a die-hard pedal-pusher with black & blue spandex shorts & shirt, clip-on shoes, and a receding hairline. I told him "If I gotta cheat in order to cover seven miles before 5pm, I'll cheat." and the light turned and I left him somewhere behind.

7. PR3C150N

PR3C150N New Member

8. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

"We, are the cheaters leaving dust!" I said "We, are the cheaters leaving dust..."(diamonds in the dust...)

Whoo! Sorry for getting so off topic guys, that's just funny right there!
    .shft.

9. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Cheaters....isn't that a TV show about motorbicyclists, like cheating on their bikes without engines and then having to start another build?dance1

Does this make me annoying?

10. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Killer C, I'm on the map. Born in Windsor and knew the area fairly well but haven't seen it in a very long time. Got back to Ontario for the first time in 30 years this summer. Through Kenora and and down through Fort Francis into Minnesota to see Silver Bear.
    Been a long time since I had a perch dinner. Now it's salmon.

Steve.

11. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard New Member

I have the township of Tonasket in a flurry over this silly thing! Mine is the Huffy Cranbrook in blue/cream, I painted the tank and chainguard to match and did a 'full dress'- I've been told off for "driving a priceless antique as an everyday vehicle' when I bought the bike new from Wally World! I suspect there will be more of these things come Spring...

12. wasabi805

wasabi805 New Member

I keep looking for the "like" button on some of your guys' post yet can't seem to find it . Bwwhahahah!

13. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

On the top right, Next to 'Search' There is a "rate this thread" button, that is where you can punish/love us...

Welcome back Eddie(Steve), take'r easy on the Horny Tim's :D

#33 killercanuck, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  14. Tim_B_172

Tim_B_172 New Member

I don't mind answering questions. The people who annoy me are the ones who tell me what I need to do with my bike. You know the type, they have never seen a motorized bicycle before, but they are suddenly an expert. Idiots.

The other, slightly less annoying ones are the people who ask you how much an engine kit costs and $130 is "WAY TOO MUCH!!! OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO HAVE AN ANEURYSM!!!". One guy I talked to just assumed that for the outrageous price of $130, the seat, headlight, tail light, my helmet, my jacket, and speedometer would all be included. laff

15. Roach

Roach New Member

wow! 130 bucks is dirt cheap. it cost that much to fill up a SUV. everyone I tell that to is amazed at the cheapness of the motor.

here's my other ride, I can't count the number of times I've had to yell "get the **** off my bike!"

[​IMG]

16. chrisme

chrisme New Member

I've come back to my car with a circle of people around it before. Talking about it as if they knew everything about it, etc. Annoying.
    [​IMG]

17. wasabi805

wasabi805 New Member

Yep. I don't mind chatting it up with the folks with a genuine interest or admiration for MB's but, I can't stand people who are know it all's and don't even realize they're talking in their attempt to "sound like an expert." I always have to bring up the fact to these people that before I was riding a MB, I was working on cars. Seems to shut em up.

#37 wasabi805, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  18. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

there's a guy at my local bar who claims to be a custom motorcycle builder (he's actually a broke alcoholic who lives in a motel) and i was talking about one of my bikes i sold. he started in about the liability issues, and i basically told him that once the bike leaves my possession, i have no control over the rider, and like a motorcycle, everyone's gonna crash sometime.

i've explained the quality of my bikes to him a few times, he's even seen me flying down the street before, but he just keeps harping on me, saying how irresponsible i am, and how i'm gonna lose everything when someone gets killed on my bikes.

after arguing with him the other day, he asked me for a smoke, and i told him i didn't want to risk the liability of him getting lung cancer and suing me.

we don't talk much anymore...

19. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

ROFL!

Yea, when people only give advice and not take any, that's when they get the 'asshat'
    [​IMG]

20. Eric2.0

Eric2.0 New Member

HAHAH! You're gonna love this.

My dad and I go tthe Cranbrook from Wal-Mart and fitted in the motor to see what it looks like(nice) So I tell him about you and yo uhave the same deal and from around our area. He's like "lets go see his! and see how he has it set-up" My dad is one that WOULD sit on it(I hate that!) He has been known to sit in people's cars too!(with them there)..irritates the crap out of me.

So I guess we will have a lot of gawkers wondering WTH we are driving around lol.. Oh and a good bike lock will be on for sure. I can just imagine how many morons out there that are just itching to steal something like these bikes.

It's funny.. Ride just the bike and no one gives a hoot....put on a motor and WHHHOOAAAA! Dude what you have there? LMAO!.

Also if a Jefferson County Sherrif pulls up behind the bike trying to give us ****, I will remind them about the teenagers riding their ATV's through the towns and roads that are legal to do so. I really hope the police do not have an issue with a wee little motor bike

I'l probably flip out if they do, hahah