2Door's Titan Trike

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
At what age do we start to think about cushioning the seat . That was the first thought that crossed my mind when I looked at those pics . What fun you must be having with that buggy . That is as cool as it gets Tom .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i wouldn ride that in the rain... ited hVE NO Hndilin
Actually, ausped, I've ridden it on icy and snow packed streets. Except for no traction with the brakes, as it would be with anything, it handles quite nice as long as you respect the speed. But thank you for the concern. Now, as far as rain...maybe I should build a top for it like the T-Roadster street rods have. :)
Tom

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
Actually, ausped, I've ridden it on icy and snow packed streets. Except for no traction with the brakes, as it would be with anything, it handles quite nice as long as you respect the speed. But thank you for the concern. Now, as far as rain...maybe I should build a top for it like the T-Roadster street rods have. :)
Tom
lol if you put a roof on it it will look like a mini tuk tuk like you se in inda
http://en.blog.qype.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/tuktuk.jpg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This trike was originally designed for the physically challenged. It had a step through frame design that allowed a person to simply sit down in the seat. Good idea, but I'm not yet that old and I've noticed that the frame tended to flex under acceleration due to the 'single tube' configuration. The flex would cause some degree of torque steer that took some getting used to. I decided to remedy that situation and the results were dramatic.
I found a piece of pipe the same diameter and wall thickness of the trike frame. I machined two steel 'stubs' to act as doublers, or inside couplings and tig welded the parts into the opening where the frame used to end. A little sanding and some matching red paint and its ready for the road again. I rode it before I painted the patch and it feels like a different trike. Very solid and rigid and a lot of the torque steer was eliminated. Much easier to control.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
TOMMY, Neat job of it. Went back to page two and looked at pic`s of my two seater. Send me two kit`s when you get round to it!! lol. Will need to do it for sure. Ron .cvlt1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Large, :)
Good to see you again. We've GOT to get together this spring/summer for a ride. Thanks for the kind words old friend.
Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
what an awesome build tom. this is the first i have looked at all the pictures. the wood around the motor looks great. very nice indeed

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Barley,
That is almost identical to the one I gave away. Actually I donated it to our race car project a few years ago. It went into a 32 Austin roadster, alcohol burner, super comp car that I was partners in. Its somewhere in Minnisota now. That would have been the ticket.
Thanks, Paul. It's a blast to ride; can't wait for summer.
Tom

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
That does Look better closed up like that Tom, but remember us mature guys need to be careful stepping over things. We could break our hip...............:D

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well, at least it went to a worthy cause FTW :D

I had one very similar in my ol' Quicksilver MX (ultralight) and took some comfort in that it was 'bout as close to a "safety pod" as I was gonna get in the thing lol, tho I don't suppose you'd be wearin' a 5point in yer trike...

ofc should you enter the 'Death Race' :p

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
ofc should you enter the 'Death Race'

Fairracing said they allow trikes... ahhh, I can see it now. 2door in a 3 wheel drift coming into that first turn. Tires screechin', Titan screaming and my dentures clenched...:)
Tom