20 inch bmx

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Dude, that's a pretty boss setup you have anyway. Now that you've fixed the tank and are getting the new carb, it should run no problem. Tell us how the carb installation goes :)

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
thank you LS614 , well i have to make an adapter set up for the carb cause the plate that comes with it is too short and the mount will get in the way . and I've decided to make a gas stretch beach cruiser this summer when i get my money from robotics , realistically i wont be able to make an electric i have a 1500 $ hospital bill that needs taking care of and more than likely i will be building the beach cruiser from parts and scrap metal ( loads of places nearby to get metal.) :D

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
You gotta love those metal dumps :D I'm going to build a trailer with parts from the metal dump and then go scrounging every day this summer :) One time I found a mantis tiller for free, guy said his son is a mechanic and even he couldn't fix it, I smiled and said we'll see... Well 3 days and $25 in parts later, whadya know? I got it fixed like new and sold it for $125, $100 profit :D So yeah, metal dumps are AMAZING!

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
lol i can find whole cars and boats here in rio linda , people just dump the most useful things :D i found a hot tub dumped behind my house one night and a broken pond liner I epoxied the liner and fiberglassed it , now my red eared slider (turtle) has a nice big summer home :D haha right now im working on the desing of my new bike and ill post scans when im done too ( i know you love pictures ) lol since its just in the design stage right now i want the frame to have no straight pieces of metal but the bottom will for the engine and there is no seat post the way its desinged but i dont want to lengthen the frame for the way i want to build it , or curve the metal more because it changes alot so i may have a backwards looking seat post, you'll see what i mean soon enough

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
this is my frame idea quick little drawing , that tube going under the seat , i want to be curved but i dont want to change the design , id rather not have it there but the frame wouldn't be strong enough with out it so i might have to deal with it being straight instead of curved (grrrr)

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That looks like it would be sick!!!! So the for is looking like a monark or some other kind of leading link suspension, frame is looking like a stretch cruiser, engine, pocketbike, and the seat could be done as it is, that's how they do them on OCC! I'd love to see this build completed, I hope you do it :)

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
the seat will have a suspension system which im already working on , it depends if i can finish my bike in time for the robotics deal this summer , I already won 3 design awards and 2nd place in the championship , with a prototype robot so i was psyched about that if i get the robotics thing I'm defiantly building this bike of corse if i really wanted to i could overhaul the bike i have now and weld the mount to the frame, make it all aluminum , but i would love a beach cruiser disc brakes monarch fork , still able to pedal , i could take it to the death race hahah (better keep that part from my girlfriend) im thinking of putting an electric start on the next one so i dont have to stop pedaling to start it , and it would still have a pull start im thinking this thing will cost no more than say 800$ to build maybe a little more if I customize it the way i want but under 1000$ im never buying a car ridiculously built over priced gass guzzling dung heaps id rather have a one of a kind bike i can say i built besides i bike at least 30 miles a day anyway and walk about half that if i ever need a car...... IMMA' BUILD IT hahahah

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Few tips on the pocket bike carb. It's a gravity feed. The tank and fuel line must be higher than the carb. also run clear fuel lines so you can make sure you don't draw air.
Also cover the tap hole with the stock carb on, or it will draw air and throw the mix off and make the engine run lean and very hard to start.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I don't think that's true SlowBalt, I'm not completely sure of the specific workings of this particular carb, but i think the case pulse VF set up is what goes to the carb and allows it to pump fuel. That's at least how they do it a lot of times on racing carbs.

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
if he hole wasnt covered the pressure would just bleed out and it wouldnt start at all , it is sealed. the carb that is on the bike now is a simple float carb. when i get the walbro carb the pulse port will go to the carb i dont have clear fuel tubing , no money for it im already on a tight budget hence why i used an aluminum bike and scrounged up parts for it. but thank you for the advice, always welcomed

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Also the heads and jugs on those engines aren't always the best quality check the gaskets on the engine. It sounds like an air leak to me. The head on the one i bought didn't seal properly.

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
i already checked. I have already replaced the stock gaskets with high quality gasket material i bought from kraigens and pumped in air with and measured the loss of pressure with a guage the only air escaping was from the exhaust because it could slip past the piston rings i put small amounts of water along the two meeting halves of the engine and no bubbles showed up. its sealed , its just a really crappy knock off carb when i got it , it was broken so that i got it running at all is good enough in my book , im just trying to break it in a little before i get the walbro carb

Last edited:

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
Just got an idea for my stretch cruiser , a 2 speed automatic transmission. It wouldn't be that hard to make and instead of engaging at a certain engine rotation speed, flip the clutch around to engage only when the wheel reaches the set rpm that way the engine never has to work to switch gears if i really wanted to i could put it on this build its small enough but this is only a tempie bike anyway. tomorrow im going to my friends house to pick up some steel frames im kinda weary now about building a stretch cruiser if the frame cracks. and i have read that they suck when the engine quits and you have to pedal. that is the big failure on my bike no pedals. so im stumped on the choices for now.

Vfalpha-1

Jun 18, 2010
Sacramento California
Ok LS614 , pictures for your enjoyment :D . I decided to rebuild the bent rim that has been on the rear of the bike, the one that was in the videos so i put my skills to work and started lacing up a 48 spoke wheel , i have only done 36 and 68 spoked bikes before so this was a second time thing , i built the front wheel perfectly true, the back wheel is true but has a few small flat spots even when i spun the wheel up to 600 rpm you couldn't tell so it will be fine i got the rear sprocket already one , just a little bit more guys and she's done I havent thought of a name for it yet but if i do build the stretch cruiser im going to name it after my girlfriend of 3 years , Shelby, with an airbrushed pin up on the tank so ill have to get a new airbrush kit . the little lever on the side of the bike is for the choke. The cut up bike hub is the jack shaft support , i jumped on this and kicked it just to make sure it could handel a sudden jolt and i know not pretty on the mount , but it works , besides it will be mostly covered, today im painting it black with engine enamel and the tank should be dry from painting last night , repairing the damage i did to it. im still scrounging parts for the bike , copper tube , clear fuel line , but im still going to be short , oh guess what I found this morning on the side of the road ,..... the front halve of a dirtbike , just sawed in half , it has the speedo light wiring forks disc brake just imagine a dirtbike cut in half without the engine , what did i do ?? helped out my community and took it home :D hahahaha and i took my bike to the closest hill and rolled down it , probably hit about 25 mph or so and just cornered like i was racing , where the pegs are now help with the handling so much before they where just too high for how low i had the seat ive been up for a little over 2 days just designing and working on my bike ( this is normal for me ) I'm going to chill in my room for a while then take my laptop out with me to the shop and work on the tank im going to drain it then mount it on the bike for now and i may have found out why my bike was a little hard to start, the spark plug cap was faulty , so i pulled one off of my numerous little engines i find all over , some are still in working condition , just need a little love nd care to get them running , that's all

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That's looking really cool :) The only thing I suggest is to NOT name a bike after a girl no matter how long you've been with her. It's just usually a bad idea :D Keep us posted