WWII WLA tribute w/sidecar

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Hello Fella's, Its been a while Ive been a bit under the weather so to speak ( having ticker episodes) But it's time to do the wiring on this machine CB2 youve wired one of these engines can ya help me out the wiring diagram they sent me was in mandarin? chinese? Im wanting to use a battery, do i need a voltage regulator. Anyone have a wiring diagram in english?

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Dan, not as good as I'd like! Doc says no more smokes, soda or salt. Worst of all is one of the episodes happened during marital pleasures, she thought she had killed me.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
OK, the lifan engine runs well, but it only took 8 miles to burn the clutch up. So I ordered a replacement parts and use the engine on a lighter build.
I went to HF and got an electric start 420cc predator engine. Ill have the motor undressed and installed by tonight. Gonna use a CVT as the clutch and build a 3 speed belt drive trans for it.
I'm hoping for a cruising speed of 45 in 3rd gear @2750rpm or so. should get around 100mpg
Ill post pics soon,Rick.
PS, jus goes to prove things dont always go according to plans.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
the Lifan was only 8hp the preddy is supposed to be 13hp, Ill get better performance from this onesays itll run for 3 hours on a gallon of fuel @ 1/2 load (2750rpm). Ill sent clutch engagement for 1900-2000 rpm

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Alright folks, Dads bike is DONE!!!!! I finished it earlier this evening, then took it for a test ride. Impressive for a go cart engine. So heres a whole slew of pix.

Attachments

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
and some more pix; the wiring this is under the seat of the sidecar. That a crome air cleaner for a car. the motor and CVT. I went ahead and used some of the left over hide as carpet

Attachments

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
more pictures: the jackshaft is a peice of 1.375 inch pipe (ID) 4.5 inches long it has 10 bearings in it ( it should last) the cvt has a 10t going to a 16t on the jackshaft then a 13t going back to the 39t on the wheel ( Im going to play with this a little)

Attachments

Last edited: