Worksman frame tube size?

GoldenMotor.com

AttackCadillac

Feb 16, 2014
Eerie Indiana
Hi, i'm new to the whole motorized bike scene and i'm building a early Indian tribute with a Worksman frame. My question is what size frame tubing does a Worksman Newsboy use (I'm stretching the frame) and more importantly where do you get it from.
Thanks much, AttackCadillac

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Doesn't work a man have a board track frame now? In conjunction with someone I think..Pat maybe?

AttackCadillac

Feb 16, 2014
Eerie Indiana
Thanks for all of the replies, i probably should have mentioned that i already have a frame and im ready to start cutting on it. I just wanted to know Where to get the tubing to do the top bars and the drop-loop. BTW im using a gravely engine that weighs about 65 pounds, is that too heavy for the frame?
Thanks again, AttackCadillac

wret

Feb 24, 2014
Maryland
I believe the wall thickness of the standard Worksman tubing is 0.09 inches. In my opinion it is not strong enough to support that kind of weight. It would be better to replace the tubes with thicker 0.12 inch tubing.

There are many outlets for DOM steel tubing; Metals Depot and Wicks among others. You can probably find some locally.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yes get DOM tubing, that is really a heavy motor for a bike. You should read Mr.B's build Excalliber 09 and see the truble he had with frame breaking with Wisconson engine. You should maybe think about doing the hole frame out of DOM tube.

If you find a steel supply place that does fab. work they can even bend some for you. If you have patterns like using copper tub and bend it to the shape the can copy it.side note if they have to order it,it comes in 20' lengths and they will charge you for the hole thing so you may as well keep it for other projects.

This is going to be intresting got to watch this build LOL.............Curt

AttackCadillac

Feb 16, 2014
Eerie Indiana
Wow thanks guys. I figured the frame wouldn't work when i got it lol. I was reading on this forum about how strong the frame was and i went ahead and bought one, but when i got it i was a little underwhelmed. Anyway i didn't want to start a build thread until i was done with the bike, so i'll start another thread when i get it done.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Post it here to let us know when you start one,love to watch you build. One of the guys in CA make there frame out of DOM tubing Sportman or one of them will look and see and post if i find...................Curt

http://www.sportsmanflyer.com/
PS here it is.

Last edited:

AttackCadillac

Feb 16, 2014
Eerie Indiana
Thanks Curtis. I really think this bike is going to be cool with the Gravely model L engine, i've never seen anyone on here use one and I think they look more like an old motorcycle engine than any of the chinese engines. On another note, i would have used a Sportsman Flyer frame but I need a 6" stretch instead of a 4" so im doing it myself. Has anyone on here ever built a Worksman with a 6" stretch on the frame?
AttackCadillac

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Not sure although there has been some 6" streach builds. RicRides knows a lot about them engines if you got any questions you could PM him. I thought he would have one built by now he was talking about it................Curt

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
I stretched my worksman frame 4 to 5 inches using some tubing from a 1953 Schwinn. Fit perfectly and plenty heavy enough.

Dan