what is the future of racing?

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if i heard wrong, i'm sorry. that's as heartfelt as you're gonna get.

weird that you say you never had one, but you've got them for sale on craigslist along with a picture of one of their bikes...

and calling me a liar is the pot calling the kettle black.

we know the same people, neil. what you tell them always gets back to me.

everything i've said about you is true. you told people that the only reason you've scheduled races two weeks before mine is to **** me over.

you came to my race, sat in people's pits, eating their food, and complaining about me the whole time.

you've told people the grange track is better than adams here on this forum, and you've never been on the track at adams.

you flat out LIED to dave about not scheduling your race at the same time as his.

and the constant barrage of childish insults you keep leaving on my voicemail is pretty funny. i'd post them up here but it'd be nothing but asterisks...

can we change the name of this thread to the neil vs. baird thread? we've got enough spectators...:)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
if i heard wrong, i'm sorry. that's as heartfelt as you're gonna get.

weird that you say you never had one, but you've got them for sale on craigslist along with a picture of one of their bikes...
I buy and sell stuff on CL and if I buy expansion chambers
from my friend Dave and sell them what business is it of anyone?

Dave NEVER gave me ANY prizes.
Who said he did?

Dave made me trophies and gave me trophies which is very cool
and I have thanked him personally and on here.

You should mind your own business and not accuse me of stuff
with absolutely no evidence.
Yeah, you have a lot of credibility........

A false accusation of selling race prizes is about as low as you can
go and I will not let you get away with it! damn, who would?

By the way to all the spectators watching this trivial BS has nothing to do with
what goes on at the very Fun events that we call races.
It is a fun show with the bickering happening on here and behind the scenes.

Come on out and see if I am as big an A hole in real life! :D

PS: My personal lap record at Grange is about 1 minute 10 seconds and
that's fast!

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
ladies and gentlemen, what you have just read is the future of motorized bicycle racing.

2 guys who don't get along calling each other names like little kids.

i didn't want it to get to this point, but now all of you racers can see who the guys are that are running the show.

hopefully, after the zombie apocalypse starts on december 21st, we won't have these sad, off-the-track battles.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I apologize to Paul and the mods and I don't have time to
edit this stuff out as I gotto go.

I can NOT let a FALSE accusation of stealing race prizes go
unchallenged!
I never been so insulted in all my years on the planet!

This has probably been circulating as a sick rumor behind
my back and some people might actually believe this crap!!!

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
You may be referring to me, #14e-bike. I lined up 2nd row the 1st heat and noted that the start did make a difference as to how well 1 can finish, less time dealing with getting around a couple of racers. I was up front earlier due to no warm up lap but waved the guy behind me up into my spot.

Had my mini charging generator to pop its' switch so only had 85% charge for heat2. Knew I could just earn 6th place and wanted a front row start for the main so lined up 1st row. If I wouldn't of been on the 6th place edge with a lack luster batt charge, would've lined up 2nd row. Thought I finished 6th but someone dropped out and it was 5th place, which earned me 1st row status for the main.

Some folks want the electrics to have to take a warm up lap. No biggie but as long term policy, it'll cause as much of a problem as help (maybe drain limited lipos unnecessarily). I pedal without motor power to the start line and don't bogart at the start line.

Good point though, I could stop 50' short of the start until everyone else gets around.

PS Christphe#174 is a really humble racer/builder who comes from a racing background where rules didn't require pedals. Yeah his bike doesn't fit the rules. On a note, if frogs could fly, they wouldn't bump their a_ _ _ when they hop. If race promoters were as talented as retired elementary teachers, they'd catch this consistency with the rules stuff. Watch his vid, what a hard fought (and pre-race investment of time/skill/resources) race he waged and earned his 49cc win. He's also looked up to by the other mope racers and unify's 'em to support our fledging sport.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Sosauty I wasn't referring to you and I know the warm up would probably take some juice away that you might need in a 12 lap main, but thanks for your honesty.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Sosauty I wasn't referring to you and I know the warm up would probably take some juice away that you might need in a 12 lap main, but thanks for your honesty.
Not doing a warm up is a disadvantage because your tires
are going to be cold going into the first corners.

A warm up lap is highly recommended and I don't see any
disadvantage in doing one except for ebikes with their
limited battery life.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Okay, so I see how it's going to be. I don't really think trying to link up a championship will work after all.

I actually have a car and a bike rack I could drive to Socal, the problem is that my MB weighs 100lbs, and it would peel my trunk like a sardine can. So I need a van or a truck, and gas is $5 a gallon! Logistics make me think that four races a year, four quality races where people all stop *****ing and get together and race, would be the best bet for 2013.

I don't know how successful I'd be at running a series up here, but I can say a few things; The rules will be enforced by the same folks that run the karts, no bull, no exceptions. The track up here runs an extremely tight ship, if we want the racing to grow, safety is #1 priority at all times. I'm not doing it all myself, so unless others want to step up and try and get some local racing together with me, then it won't be feasible.

It would be a **** of a lot easier for me to drive to Socal and race than start something up here, but I think there is a huge group of riders looking for a cheap event to ride in with their moped/pocket bike/motard/motorized bicycle up here. Obviously they would be separated out by category, to avoid the above issues.

I say there be a couple assigned "Stigs" that top speed test the bikes after a tech inspection. I applaud your bringing a dyno to the last event, that's really cool and gives a good idea of the competition from their sheets and weight numbers.

Quit arguing. The Split up of Indycar from C.A.R.T. ruined American open wheel racing, don't let some bad flagging and scheduling conflicts make the progress of the sport harder than it needs to be. I know it runs deeper than I understand, but this has become counterproductive.

I always ride as fast as I can, so I'm perfectly happy ripping up some Marin back-country roads alone for fun, although it's fun when people from all walks get together for a day of fun club racing in a safe environment. They already have supermotard at the Kart track so I wouldn't think it would be too hard to get on track with enough people and some money behind it. Please, anybody around the SF Bay, speak up for local racing or I'll just go drift my car instead and drive to Socal with the stinkbike in my back seat! :p

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Okay, so I see how it's going to be. I don't really think trying to link up a championship will work after all.

I actually have a car and a bike rack I could drive to Socal, the problem is that my MB weighs 100lbs, and it would peel my trunk like a sardine can. So I need a van or a truck, and gas is $5 a gallon! Logistics make me think that four races a year, four quality races where people all stop *****ing and get together and race, would be the best bet for 2013.
Hey
There is no *****ing at the races, seriously.
It just happens on the forum.

The race on Saturday was a very fun event and everyone had a good
time, even bairdco. :)

There are quite a few people that come from your area and I try and
hook them up as a carpool.

Give me a call anytime if you want to talk about it.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Cool, I'll see if I can make the first event next year. It's only a six or seven hour drive down there, not too bad. I'll talk to you about carpooling before the next one. I'm finishing up a degree right now and it's seriously wasting my time with gen. eds, while I'm trying to formulate and start a business plan. The beginning of this year is going to bring a bunch of changes, and I'm going to be flat out.

I have a feeling my chopper is going to be slow, even with the KTM50 clone, such a draggy design. I'd like to build the race bike I have envisioned right now before the next one, something with efficiency in mind with regular width tires and narrow profile. We'll see.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Wow, this thread went sour within hours.
This thread was to improve 2013 not take cheap jabs at each others. We can't blame Neil for not being perfect. He's just a one man show and he's doing his best and the same goes for Baird. Personally, I wish and hope Neil, Baird and Dave make money promoting our races because then everybody is happy. Bottom line is: "No one is going to make a career or a living out of MB racing" We're just a bunch of guys looking to have a fun weekend of racing. Every race I usually spend a minimum of $300 (lodging, fees, food & gas). That's cheap for racing. Regardless of what is said on this thread, I'll support whoever is putting on a race if I can make it.

Hey Scotto! Why did you wear my favorite dress without asking!!!! LOL :)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wow, this thread went sour within hours.
This thread was to improve 2013 not take cheap jabs at each others. We can't blame Neil for not being perfect. He's just a one man show and he's doing his best and the same goes for Baird. Personally, I wish and hope Neil, Baird and Dave make money promoting our races because then everybody is happy. Bottom line is: "No one is going to make a career or a living out of MB racing" We're just a bunch of guys looking to have a fun weekend of racing. Every race I usually spend a minimum of $300 (lodging, fees, food & gas). That's cheap for racing. Regardless of what is said on this thread, I'll support whoever is putting on a race if I can make it.

Hey Scotto! Why did you wear my favorite dress without asking!!!! LOL :)
Huh? I only have one younger sister and we never fought over her clothing.....trust me LOL ;)

dnut

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

wow what a difference a day makes !!!!

My 2 cents---make the events/races as convenient as possible for the most numbers of enthusiasts/racers in a given vicinity
so transporting a bike or three and carpooling or whatever is doable

make them as much an event as a race so people can show off what they are doing ---what they know about ----and share that info with all comers

maybe some builder competition/show of some sort

possibly a weekend event with on site camping being easy and inviting

keep it all family oriented with even some fun for youngsters ???

restore the comraderie

and try and regain the numbers of visitor/participants that would be present if this whole racing thing did not get so serious and so seriously fast and .... ?
quite so quickly

so, any one interested in organizing mb races/events in other parts of the world
just my observations and experience of the past 2 years
keep it fun --keep it safe --and save the melodrama for another day

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I suggest viewing how an SCCA autcross is run, a similar structure would be perfect for racing on this scale. They emphasize everybody having a chance to chip in on the duties, and tech inspection and safety requirements are rigid.

I don't think there is any debate that an entry level class should always be included and a prominent part of any race. It's more expensive to attend an event than to build a bike with the cost of transportation and hotels these days. I think the sheer cost of getting to a centralized event that can be far away from some people can be the prohibitive factor. The whole idea behind MB racing is that it's affordable fun.

My idea for getting something going up here is to provide a local venue since there are a lot of people in the bay area with MB's, mopeds, and pocket bikes. Being able to sleep in your own bed after a race weekend is nice.

I regret that I haven't been able to attend local car drifting events that finally became available locally at Sonoma Raceway, my school schedule always gets in the way. Just getting the logistics together to skip a class and deal with those repercussions, as well as prepping my car and getting out there on time, and toasting a set of expensive tires, it's all difficult enough even though it's nearby. I'm actually quite amazed at how many of you guys are able to regularly attend the races. I wish I had such freedom currently. That's what these bikes are about, freedom.

Keep up the good work, hope to see you there at the next race with a sleek new prototype!