what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Skarrd, Oct 25, 2010.

1. tgaydos

tgaydos New Member

made myself a spring tensioner. it appears that it should work just fine. best part is it was made from things i had laying around.

Attached Files:

2. TheNecromancer13

Broke my frame. Repaired it with pop rivets and scraps of steel I had lying around. Decided it's time to get a new frame.

3. TheNecromancer13

Don't rain on my parade. Also you would want one too if you rode 36 miles every day.

4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

did some equally bizarre stuff when I was young, got some very large scars to prove it

5. Flathead

Flathead Member

Got new. rings ,gasket's , CDI. Also got ME SOME LOW end POWER !!!!!.

6. Riverdales27

Riverdales27 Member

At least you made yours. I was just thinking about my bike right now since I haven't ridden it for a couple months. Ended up looking at chain tensioners and just bought one. I wanted the one that replaces the engine sprocket cover but I can't get the screws out.

7. DaveC

DaveC Member

Those damned screws weld themselves into the holes from electrolysis. Best method to remove is the old-style impact tool, the kind you hit with a hammer. Motorcycle repairmen couldn't live without one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/141696831659?item=141696831659&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

This is a bit more than I'd pay but Harbor Freight has had them for just over $10

8. Powertool

Powertool Member

Replaced my motor drive chain , the kit chain finally gave out after 5,825 miles . Over my holiday break , I installed two hand built 26" wheels with 12 ga. spokes and a front disk brake ...

9. TheNecromancer13

10. Riverdales27

Riverdales27 Member

Thats a nice looking bike.

My chain tensioner came in yesterday, its with the spring. After the rain took my bike for a ride first time in months. It works great, it doesn't bounce or come off the roller like some people experience. Only problem I have is when starting the bike the chain pushes down all the way.

I ended up buying the 12 1/2 arch tensioner right now. Didn't see that till after I bought the spring loaded one. So $48 last week alone for tensioners.

11. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

The bracket should go up to the top stay for double mount,as this type of tensioner has a tendency to work its way into the spokes and good by wheel. I have one in the shed that did just that,needs rebuild.........Curt

12. tgaydos

tgaydos New Member

i put a wheel back on her and a different motor and rode her for the first time in a few months. it was glorious i need a new brake cable however.

13. tgaydos

tgaydos New Member

good afternoon beautiful, it's been awhile since you've been there in your spot. I finally got it riding last night and worked on the brakes and chain issues this morning. i dare say it's functioning again. i just need it to stop raining and then i'll be out and about. :) i'm so happy. i did have to remove the spring tensioner as i didn't have enough movement to bring the wheel back in the frame and be able to use it. it was a good idea and maybe i'll be able to come up with a better idea for it.
    i rather like using a jack stand to put the bike on to allow for service.

[​IMG]

14. trackfodder

trackfodder Member

Fwiw, I found I could shorten the drive chain and put a half-link in the peddle chain and do away with the idler sprocket..shft.

15. tgaydos

tgaydos New Member

i ordered my disc brake mounted 48t sprocket, it should be here sometime between march 4-14 or something like that. i can't wait.

16. DaveC

DaveC Member

...ahhh...from China via container ship...

:-||

17. tgaydos

tgaydos New Member

it was coming from russia but i need to get my car registered first so it'll have to wait until monday or tuesday to order.

18. tgaydos

tgaydos New Member

[​IMG]

I added some safety reflector tape to my rack, I then rode my bike to work for the first time in a few months and I made it 99% of the way home and I get pulled over by a county sheriff. He only asked to see my driver's license and if I had a light on the front which I do. No warning about any law or anything it seems he just wanted to check it out.

19. Rudz

Rudz New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keeping my clutch nice and cool

20. DaveC

DaveC Member

Yeah, he couldn't find a Harley rider so he made do with you ;)