Velocar cyclecar semi-replica.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ann,

That's funny as can be but perhaps wrong in many ways. A quiet place, chocolate and contemplation while looking at motors for sale on the web?
A form of Heaven while on Earth.

Steve.

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
Hello Annie,
Beside being master for many machanical toys for big boys and girls, Stu was willing to help everybody to design and build thier own stuff... Attached is photo with most of his "toys" in front of his workshop. He menaged to fire-up all the engines and run them for some time, including 3 real autos (copies of veteran cars)...
--- ---
Lucky you Annie whith all those engines that you can find and buy for playing in your workshop!

Ciao,
Zoran

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Zoran, - where have you been? - we were all worried.
------------------------------------------
Annie,
In meantime, I was in another "room" - named "Velocars and other interesting vehicles." However, it is nice that soembody far away worry about me!
But it is strange, my last message there was posted at 21st of March - and after that golden silence - something as here too? Then, there are a few messages from all of of you and I didn't get notice as usual (e-mail from Forum administration)... Therefore, I was worried about all of you, too!
Maybe, from time to time there are problems on under-ocean cables? (that is the last "modern" techology toward transport of information that I really could understand!)
Ciao,
Zoran

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Tecnology? I got as far as bashing rocks together and then I lost touch with prgress.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Well the Villiers Mk 15 engine is MINE (mine mine mine!) for the princely sum of $NZ22.00 :D

I am still concerned that the standard head design has marginal cooling, but we shall see how things are once the engine arrives and I can clean all the hay and mason bee nests out of the cooling fins and the sheetmetal cowling.

The engine does have a centrifugal clutch and a layshaft of some kind attached to it which could be useful, but at this stage I don't know how functional they might be.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
How Kool...Should be a big help in salving the head problem. Sure wish i could find the one i am looking for,old Nelson washing machine motor .............Curt

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Well my complete good Villiers Mk15 arrived yesterday and it looks like a good one. The vendor said that when he drained the oil it was very clean, better in fact than what he had in his car.

Here's a none too good cellphone picture of it next to a China Girl.

I haven't been getting much done on my projects lately. I'm working on a new ministry project which is taking a lot of my time. One of the chaps from church bought his big trailer around so I could clear out a growing pile of junk from the carport and other places so that took me a couple of days to do. And after doing all that, surprise surprise, I had to take a couple of days of bed rest to recover. Not complaining though because at least I now have the energy to get out of bed and do stuff before I have to go back to bed again.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
I've been fortunate to find a cylindrical tank from a kerosene heater which is going to be just perfect for the petrol tank on my cyclecar. The Robin tank I was going to use can go back into my spare parts stash.
I have no idea at all what brand or type of heater this tank came from as the vendor only had the tank and didn't know its origins.

Finding a tank with such a nice patina of course begs the question as to whether I want to go for an overall aged look with my cyclecar or make it pristine. The Mk 15 engine has patina in shovelfuls, but it will get cleaned and tidied up a bit so it doesn't look like it was found in a hay barn even though it was. No new paint or brightwork or anything, but a used, but in sound condition look would be nice.

The carport cleanup continues with one trailer load having been taken away and the empty trailer back in place again ready to be filled. I can assure you that no true treasures were harmed or discomforted during this cleanup and it was only junk that has been taken away.
More than anything I need the space so I can layout entire sheets of plywood for marking out and cutting & etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Hello Annie,
Some old photos with old vehicles and cute intrepid women using them!
I like od machinery, but even more old photos with atmosphere and interesting background.
Caio,
Zoran

Attachments

Last edited: