Top Speed

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Decoherence, it actually sounds good except for the four stroking, then it falls on it's face.
Nothing there... will not build revs...
Someone said in another post, it's like it hit the rev limiter my 00 ford has at 93mph... just will NOT go past that!

I dropped the needle to the top groove and tried it again this morn. nada...

Now I'm gonna take the stock pipe off and see what's goin on in there.

Oh, I didn't mention... my mab sounds quiet... quieter than I think it should sound.
Seems like there is more exhaust noise coming from the front than where the pipe dumps on the ground.

I do NOT want a loud MAB!
(I'll be in hot water with the tax collector soon enough. Don't want to give them additional reasons.)

It's all good. These lil thangs are ez, and fun to work on.
rc

btw msrfan had posted instructions to balance a motor crank... but I don't think he ever posted the final results... balancing quality components is the key to hi-rpm without vibration.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've always been curious about what the maximum RPM is for a China Girl motor. When either of mine get up to about 7000 they sound like they're about to blow, but they never do. I'm guessing a mushroom cloud of broken parts at about 8000 rpm.
It's funny the similarity a China Girl motor has to a Harley. They both blow about the same speed.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yes, but it has a hour meter and I would like to know how many hours I ride a week.
Humm, my speedo has about 45 functions of which I know how to use about 4. One of the ones I don't know much about is a timer of some sort.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Humm, my speedo has about 45 functions of which I know how to use about 4. One of the ones I don't know much about is a timer of some sort.
It counts hours and minutes, when I took the pic had 1 minute on motor. My speedo also has a timer but I would rather know how many hours I have on the motor. I also ride my bike a lot without motor running so the speedo would not help there.

http://motorbicycling.com/f42/2010-hardrock-27538-2.html#post315626

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have a 48cc grubee angle fire with cns2 carb. main jet drilled to a #66, sbp air filter port matched intake and exhaust. Dual end cap pipes. I got 30.5 sunday with a 44 tooth sprocket and 2.125 tires, I have got 32 on a cool day and 35 down hill. I let off because I started thinking what if it blows at that speed.

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
As long as mine goes faster than that stupid dog down the street, I'll be more than happy.
I was at a stop sign a few nights ago just chilling smoking a cig (with my bike off so I don't die in a terrible fire) and this dog comes rushing up at me. bit my pants and I finally got my bike started..in the middle of a intersection and cars were flying by me...ended up opening my throttle beyond the point of any break in period and got away...and this morning in a ally way where I ride to get to my guest house I got attacked by a gang of dogs coming in my direction luckly I just yelled at them and they all ran away.

I dislike dogs.

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
43.2mph on a genesis onyx cruiser 29" wheels. flat ground. takes a minute to get there. 66cc 200 miles on motor with opti 2 oil. Upgraded intake and exhaust. Love it.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Dem dags r dangerus, hack ! evn werse if yah HIT 1 !!
after a quicker stop, bambi will bite AND kick!
Ders no nice way to fix em.
rc

etownbuy

Jul 24, 2011
Cecilia, Ky
skyhawk 66cc gutted stock muffler, manic intake, cns v2 carb, 44t rear on a trek MTB with 26x1.95 tires. today while tucked in it hit 36.1mph my speed is fairly accurate I rode beside my wife in her car and we both showed 30mph so I would say my 36 isn't too far off. but then it overheated and started blowing passed the headgasket. I am still on the "break in" mix for fuel I am thinking once this is gone I am going to start running aviation 100LL fuel for no more than I use $7 every couple of weeks or so is not bad and would rule out all detonation

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Stock 66cc running at 30:1, with Dax RT carb and SBP Xchamber, 32MPH 110MPG.It's not bad I ordered smaller jets for the carb so I might hit 33-34 and I also ordered a 36T sprocket so we'll see what that does.

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
43.2mph on a genesis onyx cruiser 29" wheels. flat ground. takes a minute to get there. 66cc 200 miles on motor with opti 2 oil. Upgraded intake and exhaust. Love it.
O.O Woot! May the lords of aluminum be with you. I wanted that bike but went with steel instead.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
One great thing about a shift kit is that you can get up to speed quickly. When you ride in traffic and claim the lane, it's a must. I can get up to cruising speed in about 10 seconds.xct2

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Can I get a picture of this bike?
How's this?

http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=27897&page=2

Stuff have changed; this was my bike's maiden voyage. Motor mount holes are drilled thru frame, carb now faces downward, ADA pipe switched out to Tanaka pipe, no boost bottle, larger brakes, Armadillo tires w/double-walled aluminum rims, no reserve fuel carried, OEM tank replaced by 4-liter Happy Time tank.

xct2

Last edited:

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Checked my spedo today and it says my top speed was 36.9MPH, that's a little bump from 34.8MPH where it had been sitting. Really, I find it hard to find places to go that fast safely...
I have a stock Grubee SkyHawk GT5 66cc kit with CNS carb on a late '80's Specialized 26" wheel Mountain Bike, only motor upgrades are the NGK plug and a quality plug wire. I did a lot of carb tuning, including opening the main jet up from the size of a #72 drill bit to a #69. The rest is stock, exhaust, rag joint sprocket etc. I have about 250 miles on her now and am running a 32:1 mix with standard 2-stoke oil.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Boy go fast x-80 (68cc) home made exhaust 36 tooth pitate sprocket. Carb tuned. clocked at 40 mph at Jb's rally.

Boy go fast z-80 (68cc) home made exhaust 36 tooth pitate sprocket. Carb tuned
ran out of revs at 45 mph This engine has more top end than my x-80. Next step is to talk to Pirates about a posable 30 tooth for this monster.