This is my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Talking about looks, I really blew it this time. Keeping in mind there's no aftermarket for Stealth Bombers.Everything I change either has to be hand made, or adapted. And I have to confess I loath bicycle seats. I've liked the moped style custom Super 72 seat I've had for a while, but now Iwant something a little more sporty looking. So looking for replacements has been on my mind. Then I found a couple of candidates. This is where it gets good. First I see a very reasonably priced Sur Ron seat on eBay, so I bought it, but then right after that I found a super cool looking classic leather race seat that was hitting all my buttons. I knew this was going to look so good, I'd never be using the Sur Ron seat. Well I'm not even going to show you what it looked like, it was hidious. My son took one look, and said he hates it LOL. I was a little prejudice since I just spend the big bucks, and waited for days. It took me till the next morning to give in, and admit it was flop. It was very easy to mount. I did get to ride about 15 miles on it. It was soft, but almost too soft. The bucket seemed cramped, and I couldn't get comfortable in it, but if I sat on the hump it wan't too bad. This isn't the first time I failed at trying to mix last century cool, with 21 century modern. I'm not trying to say it can't be done, but it's difficult.
rs.jpg

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
So now my choices are go back to the old seat, or try the SurRon seat. The whole reason I wanted to get a SurRon seat in the first place was mainly to learn how it was mounted. So now I think I can make it work. It took all day to install, and 3 trips to the hardware store. Modern meets modern classic. It was like a bomb went off, BAM. I really didn't see this coming.

Sur Ron seat number 1.jpg

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I spent all my time yesterday doing a detail was and wax. I've never owned a bike that stayed as clean as any of my electric's. I used to wash my bike every week or two, but now once a year, with occasional minor sponge bath on the wheels and forks in between.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Everything I've added to my bike had to be custom fabricated since there's very little aftermarket for Stealth. This headlight mount was the first part I made back in 2013.
It's simple and effective, but it's main shortcoming is it's difficult to adjust.
Headlight mount.jpg

And round is so last century. This SurRon aftermarket headlight mounts to the top of the triple tree, and is adjustable for height. I only had to drill out the bolt holes a little bit to make it fit. This is the first headlight I've ever had on one of my bikes that wasn't round, but it goes pretty well with the Stealth's squared off looks.
SurRon headlight2.jpg

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
After a month of testing I decided to toss the rectangle headlight on the pile. I couldn't get used to a headlight that's not round, and it had underwhelming performance anyway. Instead I used part of the new mount, and fab'd up a new way to mount the round one that's adjustable.
Heaslight new mount.jpg