This is my Stealth Bomber

Discussion in 'Electric Bicycles, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles' started by biknut, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Toro1978

Toro1978 New Member

I'd get full fenders, just to make it look more moto. But I love how it is now too, just awesome and the red paint really makes it pop.
    That last rear shot made me drool saliva from the corner of my mouth.

biknut and indian22 like this.
  2. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

The forks are Fox "40 Performance Elite", one step down from the top line "40 Factory" model. Claimed 8" of travel, but I only use about 5 1/2 for my street riding. Supposedly these forks are usually only sold for oem installation as a more economical version of the Factory model. The seller on eBay said he was able to get his hands on a limited number of boxes.

They make a very dramatic difference to the way the bike feels and handles. It's a lot more enjoyable to ride, especially on bumpy pavement.

3. indian22

indian22 Well-Known Member

Dang I knew they had some stroke but 8" is awesome & I understand that "dramatic" is understating the performance. Though I kinda' specialize in classic style on most of my builds it doesn't mean I don't appreciate todays tech designs & the improvements made over these many decades of riding and building.

Rick C.

biknut likes this.
  4. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of installing a dropper seat post on my bike. I was using the seat rails to mount the seat, but since my taillight is hardwired, I'll need to relocate it to somewhere that's stationary.

I spent nearly all day yesterday fabricating this little mount.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

indian22 likes this.
  5. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

Now the dropper seat post can move freely up or down without having to deal the taillight wiring. This is a before and after.

[​IMG]

indian22 likes this.
  6. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

I was able to route the dropper cable through the frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

indian22 likes this.
  7. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

8. indian22

I'm a big fan of dropper posts and have run them on all my mountain bikes over the last 15 years. I use one on my e-MB as well, so your use of a dropper post makes everyday practical sense to me on your e-bike. Good incorporation of a product that really benefits the riding experience into your bike. Your knees and back are going to love you for this addition that makes pedaling so much more efficient and less painful. I'm not a vendor, lol, but am a fan of the dropper!

Rick C.

biknut likes this.
  9. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

Yes, my knees are already thanking me. For the last 8 years that I've been riding motor bicycles I've ridden with my seats all the way down. Pedal geometry always took a backseat to style, but with a dropper we can have both. Now with only 100 miles experience with it, I totally agree with you. Even though droppers were designed for a different purpose, they go with motor bicycles, and especially eBikes like bacon goes with eggs.

indian22 likes this.
  10. indian22

5 stars on the above review! User approved...

I build mostly really slammed board track profile bikes and 23" to 27" saddle height with pedal levers shortened to 125mm makes propulsion with the pedals very strenuous activity without engine power. The dropper post is the answer to those bikes built with saddles connected to the seat tube. Your cake and eat it too for the look of speed but the option of riding high to use the legs for starting or just very low speed riding.

Rick C.

biknut likes this.
  11. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

This is how it works.

FOG, indian22 and Toro1978 like this.
  12. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

I hate boring taillights

[​IMG]

indian22 likes this.
  13. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

I made this video a few years ago to demonstrate what riding an unrestricted Bomber is like.

Toro1978, fasteddy and indian22 like this.
  14. Tony01

Tony01 Well-Known Member

TDPro pitbike shock? How’s that working out for you? I tried an 850lb and it was way too strong.

indian22 and fasteddy like this.
  15. biknut

biknut Well-Known Member

It's made by Fastrace, and has a 1000 lb straight wound spring compared to the stock DNM with 850 lb dual rate spring. All I can say is the Fastrace is a much better quality shock, and I'm very happy with it.

indian22 likes this.
  16. indian22

Most vendors just don't get it and never mention anything much other than pounds & length. I rely on manufacturer sites when available & some of those don't help much either. While direct communication is iffy at best. I think they just want us to try it and live with the results, however poor those results are.

Rick C.