This is my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

Toro1978

Jan 30, 2019
I'd get full fenders, just to make it look more moto. But I love how it is now too, just awesome and the red paint really makes it pop.
That last rear shot made me drool saliva from the corner of my mouth.

Reactions: biknut and indian22

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well I continue to love on your bike. The Fox shocks look great and having used Fox's on all my dirt trucks & some of my mountain bikes I'm convinced of their quality and performance.

How much travel on the Fox and are the air spring over air shock?
The forks are Fox "40 Performance Elite", one step down from the top line "40 Factory" model. Claimed 8" of travel, but I only use about 5 1/2 for my street riding. Supposedly these forks are usually only sold for oem installation as a more economical version of the Factory model. The seller on eBay said he was able to get his hands on a limited number of boxes.

They make a very dramatic difference to the way the bike feels and handles. It's a lot more enjoyable to ride, especially on bumpy pavement.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Dang I knew they had some stroke but 8" is awesome & I understand that "dramatic" is understating the performance. Though I kinda' specialize in classic style on most of my builds it doesn't mean I don't appreciate todays tech designs & the improvements made over these many decades of riding and building.

Rick C.

Reactions: biknut

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm in the process of installing a dropper seat post on my bike. I was using the seat rails to mount the seat, but since my taillight is hardwired, I'll need to relocate it to somewhere that's stationary.

I spent nearly all day yesterday fabricating this little mount.

Reactions: indian22

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Now the dropper seat post can move freely up or down without having to deal the taillight wiring. This is a before and after.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm a big fan of dropper posts and have run them on all my mountain bikes over the last 15 years. I use one on my e-MB as well, so your use of a dropper post makes everyday practical sense to me on your e-bike. Good incorporation of a product that really benefits the riding experience into your bike. Your knees and back are going to love you for this addition that makes pedaling so much more efficient and less painful. I'm not a vendor, lol, but am a fan of the dropper!

Rick C.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm a big fan of dropper posts and have run them on all my mountain bikes over the last 15 years. I use one on my e-MB as well, so your use of a dropper post makes everyday practical sense to me on your e-bike. Good incorporation of a product that really benefits the riding experience into your bike. Your knees and back are going to love you for this addition that makes pedaling so much more efficient and less painful. I'm not a vendor, lol, but am a fan of the dropper!

Rick C.
Yes, my knees are already thanking me. For the last 8 years that I've been riding motor bicycles I've ridden with my seats all the way down. Pedal geometry always took a backseat to style, but with a dropper we can have both. Now with only 100 miles experience with it, I totally agree with you. Even though droppers were designed for a different purpose, they go with motor bicycles, and especially eBikes like bacon goes with eggs.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
5 stars on the above review! User approved...

I build mostly really slammed board track profile bikes and 23" to 27" saddle height with pedal levers shortened to 125mm makes propulsion with the pedals very strenuous activity without engine power. The dropper post is the answer to those bikes built with saddles connected to the seat tube. Your cake and eat it too for the look of speed but the option of riding high to use the legs for starting or just very low speed riding.

Rick C.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
TDPro pitbike shock? How’s that working out for you? I tried an 850lb and it was way too strong.
It's made by Fastrace, and has a 1000 lb straight wound spring compared to the stock DNM with 850 lb dual rate spring. All I can say is the Fastrace is a much better quality shock, and I'm very happy with it.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Most vendors just don't get it and never mention anything much other than pounds & length. I rely on manufacturer sites when available & some of those don't help much either. While direct communication is iffy at best. I think they just want us to try it and live with the results, however poor those results are.

Rick C.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I finally wore my brakes out at 13,000 miles. I didn't have the big bucks to spend this time of year, so I settled for a set of Shimano XT8000 For $187 shipped. These are mid level good quality for the money brakes. I tested them for the first time today, and they're better than the stock Magura MT2s, and look better too
XT Shimano f.jpg
XT Shimano f caliper.jpg

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
After a 25 mile test ride I find these Shimano XT8000 brakes to be ok. They're not scary touchy or anywhere close to that. A little stronger than my original Magura MT2, but probably not quite as strong as the Magura MT5 on my sons bike. I had to cut the rear brake hose to run it through the frame. I tried to sneak up on it without losing too much fluid, but that didn't work. I found them to be easy to bleed though. They have a nice classy look compared to the Magura's rougher more industrial look. One difference from the Magura's that I appreciate is the Shimano hoses take a more direct route toward the frame so I was able to clean up the cable management a little bit better, which is always a problem for an eBike. Another big difference is these brakes have an adjuster knob on the brake levers that allow you to perfectly match the travel for each brake. I really like being able to set the initial contact point of the levers to be wherever I want. For under $200 I think they're worth it.
cable managment  2020 b.jpg

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've decided to abandon my dropper seat post setup. It was a great option for pedaling, but it's main drawback was even when all the way down it was still a little to high for my liking. I never have been big on pedaling anyway. I've also never found a bicycle seat that was comfortable on long rides.

This is probably the most dramatic change I've made to the Stealth. I've noticed a trend over the last couple of years where more eBikes are getting away from the bicycle look, and going to more of a moped look.

Super 73 seat.jpg