This is my Stealth Bomber

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is my new Stealth Bomber, electric motor bicycle. So new in fact that I've only managed to pedal it up and down my block 2 times. I have plans to customize it to make it mine, but right now nothing is carved in stone. I welcome your suggestions. I ride in the concrete jungle, so that's the direction I'm heading with modifications.

All I've done to it so far is install low profile street tires to replace the knobblies that came on it from the factory. The only other work was to start installing a headlight. It didn't come with any lights or a kickstand.

The bike is officially designed to be a down hill racer, but I'll be using it more along the lines of a super motard that hardly ever sees the dirt.

Power output is electronically governed to the U.S. limit of 750w, and 20 mph top speed. Ungoverned off road power output is 4500w with a 50 mph top speed. The battery is 1500kW, with a 2 hour charge time, and up to 50 mile range.

It has something like 10" of suspension travel front and rear, adjustable for preload, and rebound.

This is the beginning.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't have a battery yet. The battery was shipped separately from the bike and will arrive later this week. We'll get a look at it when it gets here.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that is one good looking motorized bicycle, how is the ride, is it nice and comfortable? looking forward to you getting the battery

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
that is one good looking motorized bicycle, how is the ride, is it nice and comfortable? looking forward to you getting the battery
Right now it feels like a very soft comfy couch. When I set my weight down on it, the suspension compresses about 3 or 4 inches front and rear, but that's not even half of the travel. I'm going to need to jack the preload up quite a bit.

The forks seem like they have a lot of rake for a bicycle. You can notice it when turning. If I can, I'm going to drop the forks down in the trees a little bit to quicken the steering a little.

The transmission is great. It shifts like butter. First gear is very low. It's easy to start out in third. This heavy bike is a lot easier to pedal than any of my china girls.

This afternoon I changed the rear tire. Removing the rear wheel is quite easy. Easier than some bicycles, and every motorcycle I can think of. So far I'm finding this bike to be very easy, and straight forward to work on. I'm sure anyone would love one of these.

More to come.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The very first thing I'd do would be to get rid of the bicycle seat and build something long, soft and comfy to sit my butt on. I hate bicycle seats and dump them in favor of something custom built on every bike I have or had.

Otherwise that is a lovely machine and you should have a lot of fun on it. And after all, isn't that what motorized bicycles are for?

We're happy for you and keep us informed.

Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The very first thing I'd do would be to get rid of the bicycle seat and build something long, soft and comfy to sit my butt on. I hate bicycle seats and dump them in favor of something custom built on every bike I have or had.

Otherwise that is a lovely machine and you should have a lot of fun on it. And after all, isn't that what motorized bicycles are for?

We're happy for you and keep us informed.

Tom
Thanks Tom, I'm going to find me a big ol soft jel seat to pamper my pooch.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
If all e-bikes looked that good, they would sell a whole lot more of them, at every price point. Nicely done.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The California ebike power limit is 1000w and 20mph.
Wow I never thought those commies would allow that. Here in Texas theres no limit for power, there's only a 20 mph speed limit. But that's for only under it's own power. You can pedal faster all you want or can. I think I can pedal about 50 mph officer. lol

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
So far Texas has had a very friendly attitude toward motor bicycles, I hope it stays that way with an electric bike.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Wow, it is beautiful, biknut! Congratulations!
I will vouch for a Cloud 9 seat. They are very comfy indeed.
If I may make a suggestion for safety, put a crazy bright LED strobe light on the front. They really grab the attention of spaced out drivers during daylight hours.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I got stopped by a cop on my way to work one morning. He said I wasn't in any trouble or anything he just wanted to tell me my light wasn't working. Sure enough the batteries had gone dead. He ran a check on my license and then let me go. The next day I got a new cree headlight.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I got stopped by a cop on my way to work one morning. He said I wasn't in any trouble or anything he just wanted to tell me my light wasn't working. Sure enough the batteries had gone dead. He ran a check on my license and then let me go. The next day I got a new cree headlight.
What state is your jungle in?

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I'm in TX. Brazoria county. I thought maybe it was because I was doing about 30 a minute before that but nope. He asked me if it was a Schwinn and liked my flame seat.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Last edited: