The Schwinn Riverside with 79cc predator

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I thought that might be something strange in that can as I couldn't figure out the label. Starting a bike with no muffer at 8.00am, - that's naughty. Still I can remember the urge to see if something goes or not and forgetting what time it is :D

I think what the guy at the metal shop was meaning was that you need to make sure the axle is secure in the dropouts and isn't going to try to come adrift under braking.
And those drop-outs look flimsier than the brake caliper you're using. I'll just close my eyes and pray for you now.......and the bracket.

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
Will be extending my rear dropouts. Saddle bags, fuel tank, me, bumps, its jus to much

So back to mufler, in menards I've seen some metal flexible piping for electric energy cables or whatever

Thinking of purchasing it

will post with pictures next time

Sorry for the hickups working over the phone

Last edited:

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
What sort of mileage range are you looking for?! I would think that the can you have would hold enough petrol for practical purposes. Remember gas stops on a trip aren't just about filling the tank, they are also about stretching out the kinks in your legs and sit-upon.

By the way the best way to mount those brass fittings is to soft solder them in place. Brazing, silver soldering or welding is quite unnecessary and in fact would make the job more difficult than it has to be.

Don't use Araldite or any epoxy resin because petrol will dissolve it. JB Weld isn't appropriate for this purpose either.
The only 'glues' that are any good for metal petrol tanks are those in petrol tank patch kits (not sealing kits) that are intended to get you out of trouble on the side of the road.
Because I'm in New Zealand brand names won't mean a lot and I can't remember the name of it now anyway, but the one I used to use had instructions in both French and English and when mixed was a dark green colour. It set in about 20 minutes and was totally tenacious and wouldn't come off once it had set. I once used this on the side of the road on a petrol tank that was dripping petrol from a pinhole and there was no need to drain the tank either. Another time I successfully repaired an old carburrettor that was broken for a neighbour using this same green glue. No spares or parts were available for it so it was a case of working with what I had. It made a permanent repair too.

Last edited:

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
Thank you Intrepid Wheelwoman

What does soft soldering mean,
I can iron it in place using my metal solder wire that I've shown in the previos post

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
Does anyone know how to setup double brake handle, I just can't get it right. V Brakes are squeaking and not braking.

Last edited:

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
dance1Took it for a ride, this bike is awesome, than chain poped off but no problem will get chain tensioner

Last edited:

BelayBoy

May 21, 2013
illinois
Today made some progress
Made the engine chain tensioner
The wheel chain tensioner just for testing purposes
Installed temporary emt muffler
The rear fender

Last edited: