The Epic an electric tri car.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I ordered these corner brackets to use on the delivery box. They will be used top, middle and bottom of the box and one will will be used on the corners of the lid. They will both strengthen the box and break up the plain look of it.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Here are the mounts for the brass rails that are going around the top of the delivery box. Many of the delivery boxes had a rail on top to hold items too big or bulky to fit inside or the box was full.

They are fantastic and the price was very reasonable even with the shipping from the U.K. I did contact Barns and Brass about the shipping which Etsy had greatly over priced and they told me to order them and they would send me a refund for the overcharge after I ordered them. Wonderful company to deal with.

They are solid brass water pipe hangers and there are different styles on the net. Barns and Brass offered two styles in 1/2"-3/4"-1".

Steve.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Made the Home Depot run today to get what I needed to finish of the bike. The prices are frighteningly expensive. Here is something we can all relate to.

I needed some spray cans of fast build primer. They have Rustoleum brand. A can cost $20 Canadian. I looked it up, U.S. vs Canada.

Home Depot in the U.S. charges $8.47. That's $14.57 Canadian.

Home Depot in Canada charges $19.99. That's $11.54 U.S. dollars.

Remember it doesn't always pay to be Canadian but it certainly always costs you.

Steve.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Made the Home Depot run today to get what I needed to finish of the bike. The prices are frighteningly expensive. Here is something we can all relate to.

I needed some spray cans of fast build primer. They have Rustoleum brand. A can cost $20 Canadian. I looked it up, U.S. vs Canada.

Home Depot in the U.S. charges $8.47. That's $14.57 Canadian.

Home Depot in Canada charges $19.99. That's $11.54 U.S. dollars.

Remember it doesn't always pay to be Canadian but it certainly always costs you.

Steve.
I've found that the smaller hardware stores often have slightly better prices on these kinds of items.... & even if they don't?, I'd rather give the little guys my money instead.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Only one small hardware store locally and they only carry the basics. New owner and they are expanding into the store next to them so it will improve. Unfortunately if you need anything, Home Depot is the only choice. Lowe's is 20 miles away and hard to get to from where I live. I'll go to the local parts store on Tuesday. They have a limited auto body section. Monday is our Thanksgiving.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
One of the perc's of living where big stores are not is the ride to get to one. At least that is what I tell myself. The last thirty years I have chosen rural living. I even take the back roads getting to a town.
As Norm mentions, some of them little bitty two by four kinda stores. There is one West of me has inventory from the sixty's. Time travel into the past.

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ordered the iron trunk corners on September 21st. Watched the U.S.P.S. shipping site and they went to Miami to the international customs at U.S.P.S. and then watched the package being delivered to Hodges, South Carolina.

There is another order being sent and it is supposed to be here Friday. A full month to the day from when I ordered them.

The box is waiting for them so it can be completed. I'm still cleaning up the garage and the wood working shop. The dumpster we need is going in size daily. We have had 10% of our usual rain fall for the season. That will change Friday with weeks of rain coming.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
They arrived on Friday as promised. For some reason the customs sent the package back to Van Dykes. They then sent me another package that made it this time. Nice quality made with #14 gauge metal in India.

Came with small screws to hold them on.

Steve.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Yikes! It's been a while hasn't it. What happened? Old age, lack of enthusiasm, mild Covid just before Christmas, the holidays, long haul Covid was part of January into February when I had extended coughing spells to the point where I nearly passed out just to have it stop for a few seconds and then repeat it's self. Couple of rounds of that every ten minutes or so taps a fellas strength. During the day it wasn't as bad but at night sitting up or lying down it was game on.

Got some more cleaning done then dealt with our fickle weather here in my part of the Wet Coast of Canada when I could while I waited. We had a foot of snow one weekend and a week later it was mid 50's F and sunny and I was out in the garage. I got back at it last week end. The delivery box is almost finished. I sanded it and I've been adding the metal banding on the edges. I'm using galvanized flashing with a 2" leg on either side. I've been gluing it on to the wood with construction adhesive by clamping it because I didn't want to have any nail heads showing so there was a smooth finish. I only have enough clamps to glue a couple of pieces a day so it makes for a long drawn out job.

No photos as yet. I'm waiting until it's finished then I'll take some. A few more days and then we'll be into the 50's F every day. I feel sorry for everyone who is still snow bound and freezing. I spent a large part of my life living in it. Painting season is still a couple of months off yet but I am hoping the bike will be ready for it's coat of RAL-1027-Curry paint as suggested by Pete McP. A very period correct colour. Colour sample below.

That's it.

Steve.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I was wonder about you, glad all is ok now. I have had the Ba hum bug type flue, new shoulder kind of set me back ambition wise. I have been rearranging my shop, getting rid of a lot of excess, witch is helping a lot, ( elbow room said Daniel Boone ) Besides we are going on another trip in the motor home, break the monotony, and the snow bound feeling. ..........Curt

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Hope you are alright and on the way to better health!

I like mild curry; you know not on fire! Good color though.

The painting does need warmer weather to apply right.

I wanted to do some epoxy resin, but moisture and cold it will not work now. The knob on my truck radio for volume control cracked to pieces like 3 years ago. 10 years I guess I could expect this. You want the original Ford part, expect to fork out 40 dollars. Now that was 3 years ago, probably gone up.

I have a piece of a tree cut up I want to wood grain to show on a replacement custom made knob being covered in resin. Either that or maybe a piece of a pine cone in resin.

How to get a hole saw without the bit in center drilling out what I want to keep. A drill press and large c-clamps holding the wood chunk I thought of. But is the bit absolutely needed for the hole saw cutter blade not to drift? I don't want a grand accident you know! I guess a wood lathe could be a way to do it more safely chucked upright. Then cut and sanded. Potted up clear resin. Lots of trees came down, but this grain of growth rings seemed best.

Easier to do, just the last photo of the knob that does not fit my radio, but I can fix that and use the drift wood from the beach, glued over the knob for character.

MT

Attachments

Last edited: