The Epic an electric tri car.

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I'm trying imagine what it all will look like.

I like to see when steering parts go into the build. Front 2 wheels steer I assume. Not sure if there are many vehicles with rear wheel steering. That, except for watching on TV in the 70's sometime and saw a demonstration of car that had all 4 wheel steer. Automatic parking to boot.
Maybe it was all a fake, or just way too expensive and never came to market. The thing could probably do 1 foot in front and behind other parked vehicles from the way it looked.
M/T the axle is the front axle. LOL...........Curt
1691634981877.png

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I could insulate it easily and make a steel liner for it with a drain for melting ice and fit a beer keg in it with a section for ice cubes and a mix cooling area. A tap at the back so it's not really visible and any bike gatherings would be a lot more lively.

Steve.
And a big puddle right were you park of melted ice, LOL...........Curt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The days of looking in the book for the formula are gone, Curt. It seems if the computer can't tell them what's in it there isn't a chance. If I had a colour chip they might have been able to use their camera to get the formula but since it's from Europe there is nothing they can do. To make matters harder, now my computer is feeding me nothing but North American colour codes for our cars.

It seems we have the same codes but the paint is different.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
And where did the old lad disappear to once again? Well old age [80] and arthritis for the most part. I never bothered going up to the paint supply but did find a single stage paint supplier in Texas who is able to supply the Curry colour I want. Single stage paint is to old fashioned for the folks around here. Currently the project is safely stored in the delivery box until spring and I have the never ending Indian Tri Car finished.

Right now it's insulating the garage doors and getting rid of all the parts I'll never need as a top priority. Anything worth while is going to my son and the rest is being added to the scrap pile.

Anything new happens I'll post it here.

Steve.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I found a company that might sell and ship the paint to Canada. They are in Texas and list the colour which is called Curry. I'll contact them Monday to order it if I can. Still a few weeks away until it's decent enough weather to paint outside.

Steve.
If I see the garlic I planted last October and is ready to pick now, is that like a groundhog shadow test? This means Curry paint can be done also? If the Curry is spicy enough, the heat probably helps curing process?

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Hi Steve and hope your health improves and projects proceed. 80 years or in my case 76 isn't the root cause culprit, but is a player in the sum total of daily activity. I still ride year round but the rides are not so lengthy just daily and still a source of joy to me.

Fabricating bike parts has not been a priority, but have a few things taking shape slowly as a result of my infrequent time in the shop. I will post something when I have something to show for my efforts. Till then build and ride on.

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Rick.
I have piles of parts for the bikes that I purchased over the past few years. The realization that time is fleeting has spurred me on to get it finished once and for all.

I was able to find a local Sherwin Williams store that can mix the paint for the Epic. I had a real bad experience with them years ago and didn't call them until today and it seems that it's been taken over by new and more pleasant people. The provincial government monkeys have had their paws in the paint business trying to look like some how they can stop the warming trend and now all the public can get are spray cans. Colour matching isn't a problem. I'll probably go that route when ordering.

Steve