Thank you Bikeguy Joe!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles' started by paul, Aug 25, 2010.

1. paul

paul Active Member

i want to personally thank joe for all his contributions, knowledge and wisdom he has shared with all of us since this forum was first started. he is a true friend and busted his tail trying to make this a nice forum for all of us to learn from. joe has stepped down as a moderator. most of you all have no idea how stressful and how much work it is being a moderator. it absorbs all your time and the stress is quite high trying to keep things running smoothly. i hate to see him step down but i understand. it is a thankless job and i want to say THANK YOU JOE!. you will truly be missed and the door is always open if you decide to return. you were and always will be a huge part of the success this forum has acquired.
    .flg.

2. DudeZXT

DudeZXT New Member

Yeah, I frequent another forum online and they have a button for giving people thanks or "cookies" and it posts the number of times they've given or received the honor.

I think that would be a good idea if it could be added to this forum...

And I also would like to thank Joe because his are probably the posts I've most paid attention to for good info...

3. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

4. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Thanks Joe! I really enjoyed your posts. I read them all! You helped make this forum a great place and helped keep us honest when bad ideas would arise. This forum has been a good place having you with us.

5. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

There would be quit a few!

6. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Thanks guys.

I was here in the very early times, and I was into motorized bikes for a few years before that, when I had the opportunity to be a mod, I thought I would help out all I could since I have been toying with engines, especially two strokes for years and years.

As of late, I have not been much help, and in fact have caused a lot of problems here because I was trying to help with certain problematic issues, which are beyond my control, and hopefully will somehow be rectified before any more damage is done. All I will add to that is DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you buy parts, add ons, or "performance enhancing parts".

Think before you just throw money at your bike and try to use a little ingenuity to replace or enhance the parts of your bikes that you think are deficient, and don't just buy the latest gizmo because someone says it looks cool, you'll be glad you did. Not only will you be amazed at what you can do for yourself, but you will find that there is a certain pride that comes with building or modifying your own parts as opposed to giving a credit card number and waiting for something to (hopefully) arrive.

I'll check in once in awhile and maybe even begin to enjoy motorized bicycling again now that I don't have the B.S. and drama to deal with.

Sometimes being a mod is like beating your head against a brick wall, something I am not fond of. 99.9% of you all have made my (former) job as mod quite pleasant.

Now I am just a "regular guy" and that's alright by me.

7. Bikeguy Joe

P.S.,

motorbicycling.com is the best, and most informative site for motorized bike aficionados in the universe!

Now go burn some fuel.

8. GoFastBicycles

GoFastBicycles New Member

Thank you

Adam

9. kipharley

kipharley New Member

Bikeguy Joe.
    I have been a member for a little over a year and have read many of your posts.You have brought a wealth of knowledge to this forum.You have helped countless newbies not only by your posts but by the newbies passing on the knowledge that they gained from you.
    Recently you and I had a back and forth about the pro's and con's of WD 40.I agree with 99% of what you wrote.
    I was just trying to explain the reason why I use it to penetrate into the anti-seize coated clutch cable.
    Some times I come across in a manner that is not intended and if I did I want to apologize.
    I did not intend to offend you or any one else.
    If I did I am sorry.
    I hope that for whatever reason you decided to step down as a moderator our exchange wasn't any part of that decision.
    You have been a very valuable voice in this forum and I enjoy reading your post.Thank you.Kip.

10. GoFastBicycles

GoFastBicycles New Member

It's all Happy's fault.

Adam

11. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

I am heart felt and truly saddened to read this. Joe you really were the first friend I got to know here. All the regular life stuff. Jobs, health, family etc. Is just a pleasure knowing you. You are a great, loyal and honorable friend. I can only hope you will be back soon. I honestly think mods should take time off like life guards. You guys work to hard.

Take good care and I will be in touch.

I knew it!

12. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

Joe,
    I've done the moderator thing on a lightning survivor's group at one time and know how thankless it is and how stressful it can be. Many thanks for all you have put up with and for all you have given. I for one have benefited from your knowledge and pledge to you that I will do what I can to pass on to others what you gave to me.
    SB

13. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Thank you Joe for all that you have done for this awesome forum!
    I hope that you will enjoy your retirement, and please do check back often.
    You are a wealth of knowledge and guidance to us all.

14. skjjoe

skjjoe Member

I think happy needs to be sent to Joe for a long ride , Thanks Joe for all you have done for this place that I go every day. I may not post a lot but I do read most of the posts

15. Bikeguy Joe

I have Happy here, and we are going to burn some fuel, then I will send him to a warmer climate in a few weeks.

Again, thanks to all who make this forum great.

16. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

say it ain't so, joe...

(here's the part where i should type something sarcastic...)

17. kipharley

kipharley New Member

Isn't that an old WHO song?

18. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Or maybe this one: "Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?" :)
    Tom

19. Ilikeabikea

Ilikeabikea Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey now you're talking our era of music. Jimi was a legend, just like Bikeguyjoe..............(Except Joe is still with us.)

#19 Ilikeabikea, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  20. Bikeguy Joe

Can you believe that song had its origins in an old folk song from the Seattle area circa 1880's?