Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
If anybody cares to ride around Greenville or Farmersville, at a leisurely pace (20-25mph), post or message me. I think my Dax equipped mtn bike is back in service. Will test tomorrow. (Blew out some spokes when some trash got in the wheel last month. Rebuilt wheel and reinforced Dax mounting points at rear dropouts.)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If anybody cares to ride around Greenville or Farmersville, at a leisurely pace (20-25mph), post or message me. I think my Dax equipped mtn bike is back in service. Will test tomorrow. (Blew out some spokes when some trash got in the wheel last month. Rebuilt wheel and reinforced Dax mounting points at rear dropouts.)
If I wasn't so far away down here in central part of th state I'd be happy to go on a leisurely ride, Karaoke bike loves to cruise at around 25mph on up to 30-32mph if needed, sure great weather here in Texas today...... sunny and 73 here today......

.wee.

Map

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
I have spent all of spring and summer getting my 66cc motor broke in . I have cussed gritted my teeth and fixed problem after problem and now have a bike with motor that is running great . Then look what happen the weather is changing its going to be to darn cold to ride ,but not quite yet I'll get a few days in . I went for about a 10 mile ride yesterday it was a little cool outside but wearing long pants and a long sleeved shirt made it ok . I did have one big problem the cold air hitting my eyes had me crying like I was watching a tear jerker movie .

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Most motors like cold air, so that's something to look forward to.

In the winter I have to wear these (fogproof ATV goggles), or I get the same problem.
$13 Coleman padded goggles

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Frank. I looked at your location in the upper right of your post box and saw Colorado. Thought, dang, that's gonna be a long ride.

im new here to the temple area looking for like minded people to ride/ hang with any events/races whatever just wanna ride.thanks guys.frank Schwinn jaguar,49cc 4 stroke gx 4 trans,etc.etc
The winter thing, I envy you folks. I am up in CT and already wearing a knit cap in the shop.

(Seriously, who thought the word "kint" needed a K? snork)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Happy. I am having an angry at speelin' decade. Just before the knit thing, I had posted this;

"[rant] Stupid (read above my abilities) English language. We have three to's (to, too and two) and two fours (four and for) And the word lisp is unpronounceable for folks who have one. I ain't never gonna get it. Or not (Knot?) Who's idea was it to spell sword with a W!? Try saying sword with a lisp!!!! People ask "toward what?" Makes ya wanna hide in a grassy knoll with a high powered potato gun and a bull horn[end/rant]

Then, phonetic, not spelled the way it sounds and the K in knit. (ka-nit?) LOL

OK, I'll be over there.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wait, wait Happy! I am getting beat up in other threads. I give, I give. lol

Not sure what SIJ is but am sure it will turn out bad

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If the weather is nice I think I'll go on this ride again. I went last year, and had a pretty good time. I didn't ever fire up my motor on the actual ride, because no one else had a motor bicycle, but everyone was friendly, and no one copped an attitude. These guys aren't typical stretchy pants riders. Most of them are just casual riders, and they set a purposely slow pace for this ride so it's easy for everyone to keep up. Last year I rode the Atomic BB with it's little tiny crank arms, and I was able to keep up the whole way, although after taking a break at the halfway point, I split and ride home. I can't remember how far I pedaled, but it was something like 10 miles. I've got Stunner set up a lot better for pedaling than the Atomic BB, so it should be a lot easier on me this time.

If anyone else is interested lets go. It's the day after Thanksgiving, and the idea is to burn turkey calories.

http://bikefriendlyrichardson.org/2013/11/12/bike-friendly-richardson-presents-black-friday-ride-5/

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
ahh wish I could and I would even peddle but that's abit to far away for me . I am thinking that my poor motorized bicycle is going to have to wait till the weather is warmer .

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
This is what you may see me riding in Dallas now. I think someone has one in Austin too.

Wild looking bike there, but you're gonna take all the fun out of it if you go geek bike on us biknut....lol!

Being a wrencher/knuckle buster and someone who likes most all things with wheels that will take me down the road at a nice clip, the electrics are a novelty to me and for someone who lives is a city where a 2 smoker would be a problem with the poe-leese that is a great option for easy economical transportation, but I'll tell ya right now, that bike looks like a plastic china toy compared to the very nicely built China girl bikes you've made up for yourself biknut, I know I'm just a backwoods country fella and my opinion will likely get shot down and that's OK I understand, but I sure hope you ain't hanging up the gas can in favor of a battery charger biknut, that would be a crying shame, since your builds have class and character and that electric job don't have either IMHO, although it does have wheels so its not all bad....LOL!

NOT a put down in anyway here....... so please no one misunderstand my hen scratch, just my personal $0.02 and I'm not hating on electrics, just not my thing unless it was a hybrid electro/gas build or if I couldn't have a gas bike and electric was my only option.

Peace, Map
.wee.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
No problem mapbike. There's no one perfect bike, and this one is no exception. Each bike has it's weak and strong points. It all depends on application.

Right now electrics are a novelty just like automobiles once were, but it's only a matter of time till electrics with take over the world, and bicycles are leading the way.

As the Daleks pointed out, resistance is futile.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
One thing I find interesting about my electric bike is it's acceptance by the general bicycle populous.

Since riding my China Girls around Dallas for the last 3 years, I've found that the regular bicyclists almost universally dislike the gas bicycles even though in most cases I doubt they've ever seen one before. It's almost like a genetic allergic reaction.

My electric bike on the other hand is an entirely different story. Even though it looks like a tank, it's so quiet that it's not immediately apparent it's a motor bicycle, especially as I pedal it. It's like a confusing optical illusion to the membrane. Bicyclists seem to know they're not supposed to like it, but they can't quite seem to figure out why lol.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
One thing I find interesting about my electric bike is it's acceptance by the general bicycle populous.

Since riding my China Girls around Dallas for the last 3 years, I've found that the regular bicyclists almost universally dislike the gas bicycles even though in most cases I doubt they've ever seen one before. It's almost like a genetic allergic reaction.

My electric bike on the other hand is an entirely different story. Even though it looks like a tank, it's so quiet that it's not immediately apparent it's a motor bicycle, especially as I pedal it. It's like a confusing optical illusion to the membrane. Bicyclists seem to know they're not supposed to like it, but they can't quite seem to figure out why lol.
LOL.........!!!!

I do believe electrics will continue to improve and they have come a long way no doubt, I do believe we will always have the need for internal combustion engines for many generations to come if we're even still here then....LOL! but I have been won over with electrics in the R/C world, I have several Nitro powered R/C vehicles and although the nitro powered stuff is still fun to play with, the electrics are much lower maintenance and much more powerful, I don't own one yet but the next 1/8 scale R/C vehicle I buy will be electric for sure, however I do plan to stay gasoline power on my bikes and all my vehicles, electric work good for small vehicles and that will be somewhat of a trend for a good while I'm sure.

Map
.wee.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
LOL.........!!!!

I do believe electrics will continue to improve and they have come a long way no doubt, I do believe we will always have the need for internal combustion engines for many generations to come if we're even still here then....LOL! but I have been won over with electrics in the R/C world, I have several Nitro powered R/C vehicles and although the nitro powered stuff is still fun to play with, the electrics are much lower maintenance and much more powerful, I don't own one yet but the next 1/8 scale R/C vehicle I buy will be electric for sure, however I do plan to stay gasoline power on my bikes and all my vehicles, electric work good for small vehicles and that will be somewhat of a trend for a good while I'm sure.

Map
.wee.
The revolution has already started. As the advantages you see with R/C become applied to more vehicles it's going to cause more rapid acceptance, which will cause prices to come down.

Cell phones, computers, R/C vehicles, and I think bicycles are next. Technology has finally reached the point where an electric bicycle can actually get the job done. The only hindrance now is the price, which we know will come down with higher volume. It's going to be like a snowball effect. We're not quite there yet, but very soon. We live at the right time to see it happen.