Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I just rode my MB to the hardeware store. What a surprise, I had when I saw a MB that's not mine, parked in front of the store. That means 2 motor bicycles at the hardware store, that don't know each other.

Actually I get to take a little credit. The owner was there one day on his bicycle when I rode up on my MB. I remember him asking me about my bike last year. He said he liked my bike so much, that after that he looked online and bought a motor kit. It looked like a SkyHawk 80 on a Schwinn beach cruiser.

I ask him if he'd had any trouble with, and said none. I wanted to find out what street he lived on. but by the time got through the check out he was gone.

That means there's 3 motor bicycles Farmers Branch, Texas.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Today I rode down the Katy trail as far as the ice house grill. Then on the way back somehow Strokers just happened to be on my right, again.

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
I finally got to work on my bike and replace the broken intake and drill out the cat in the muffler yesterday. I hadn't been able to ride in about 4 to 6 weeks because of moving and unpacking and life in general.
It felt so good to ride again! HUGE SMILES.
My wife says I'm like a kid. I said "And?" lol

Bike runs much better and surprisingly quieter with the cat drilled out of the muffler. I think it was just so clogged the bike couldn't breath which is what caused my intake to snap in half.

I am still trying to come up with a better spring tensioner, but, my chain alignment looks so straight that I think I am going to do away with the tensioner altogether and just shorten the chain to the right length.

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Also, my dad said he saw another motorbike in Leander, but it was probably one of the 3 that I have already seen.

While I was riding today in my neighborhood, I passed this older couple out for a walk. I had passed them yesterday and waived and said Hi like I do with everyone, but today the older lady waived me down, so I pulled over and she was asking me all kinds of questions. VERY FRIENDLY couple. By the end of the conversation the older man said, "You know that's how motorcycles got started."
So I commented on old Harly's and so forth. He says its like "Back to the Future." lol

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I also found that there is a motorbike shop in Austin now. Their link does not have a physical address, but it says you can set an appointment. I think I'll call them and see what they are all about.
the link is here:
http://gasbicyclekits.com/
I've seen that website before. That's cool to have a shop in your town. Even in Texas lol.

With all of us riding around being seen, I think it's only a matter of time before we get the interest and numbers of riders up.

I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for at least 2 people that don't know me, but saw me riding my MB, to make their own bikes. One guy lives one block over from me. The other guy saw my bike at the hardware store. Both their bikes are china girls like mine.

That's one of the reasons I try to cover as much ground as possible on weekends when I ride. One thing I could be a little better about, is stopping to talk to more people.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I heard they actually sell HT kits at some auto parts store in Tuscon Az...wouldn't that be cool if you could pick one up at some local store? I'm thinkin maybe Big Lots?

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
rode up to the auto parts store in splendora today \m/ bicycle chain blew out at a stop light while i was trying to take off loooool makes me super glad i carry the backpack full o tools including a chain breaker and few spare master links \m/ took only couple minutes to patch it back together and made rest of the run to the parts house.
you would have thought i pulled up on some high dollar chopper loooool every customer and employee came outside to check out my ride and take pictures a couple people said they even seen me on the side of the road making repairs. my bike is such an attention whore bwahahahahahahha like mcdonalds im lovin it \m/ still no trouble with the police they starting to warm up to me i think 1 of them even waved \m/ >.< \m/

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
About 9:30 I went out for a ride around the big block. I went off tooling toward the stop sign. Then on down the hill. I'm giving it the gas, and sort of roll into the center of the street. There's a car that seems to be parked on the curb to my left. Hello, it's a cop with his window rolled down, as I blast by at 23 mph. Did I stop at that stop sign back there? I can't remember lol. On my way back down the other side of the big block he had someone pulled over. I went around twice, but he was gone the second time around. Probably about 3 miles around, maybe less. I had my lights on too.

I've been seeing a ton of police cars the last few days when I've been out riding my MB. Several of them were pretty upclose and personal. I don't think I broke any laws while they were watching, but I did feel like they knew I was there, but it seemed like they didn't want me to see them looking at me lol.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I would think the only reason they would be watching you is if some Gladis Cravits called and complained. They make a presence so GC sees them doing their job then they go away. Fly low under the wire & this too shall pass.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I would think the only reason they would be watching you is if some Gladis Cravits ***** called and complained. They make a presence so the ***** sees them doing their job then they go away. Fly low under the wire & this too shall pass.
Luckily I always stop at stop signs, kinda, lol. Sometimes I just drag my foot a little on the ground, but then after that it looks like I'm peddling hard because of my short little peddle cranks.

A lot of the fuzz I've been seeing are from different towns, so I don't think they're interested in me . I'm in Farmers Branch, but I'm one block from Carrollton, one mile from Addison, two miles from Dallas. Some nights I ride past police from each city. All of them always act like they're not looking at me. If I was on fire I don't think they'd notice.

In Texas we truly are free, free to ride our bikes, and not be hassled by the man, and to party.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
I've been seeing a ton of police cars the last few days when I've been out riding my MB. Several of them were pretty upclose and personal. I don't think I broke any laws while they were watching, but I did feel like they knew I was there, but it seemed like they didn't want me to see them looking at me lol.
I wonder if something is going on since I've also noticed a step up in police patrol over here in the mornings.

Not that I'm breaking in laws, I'm more worried about them running over me since they are always looking down in their laps.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I wonder if something is going on since I've also noticed a step up in police patrol over here in the mornings.

Not that I'm breaking in laws, I'm more worried about them running over me since they are always looking down in their laps.
Whatever they might be looking for, I'm pretty sure it's not us.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Monday I got a nod from a motorcycle State Trooper while his partner in a car had someone pulled over. Luckily I saw them soon enough to no to zooming by at 30+. I typically throttle down to a 15-20 mph cruising speed whenever I see one.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Monday I got a nod from a motorcycle State Trooper while his partner in a car had someone pulled over. Luckily I saw them soon enough to no to zooming by at 30+. I typically throttle down to a 15-20 mph cruising speed whenever I see one.
I think it's a good idea to not poke the bear lol.

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
I forgot, but a while back I also rode by an officer with someone pulled over in the shoulder, which meant I had to pull out into traffic in a 60 mph zone.
I waited for a good long clearing and rode by with the motor off cause I had to stay pretty close to him and his car to stay out of traffic.
They acted like they didn't even notice me. This was on Parmer in Austin which is a 60 mph highway with wide shoulders that is highly traveled by cyclists anyway.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Last time I rode my motorized bicycle. past a cop, he raised his radar gun at me for a bit, then laughed. hahhaa. Last time I rode with my kid, a cop tailed right behind me a few blocks, so I signaled for Brake and stopped at the stop sign. He flew around me and zoomed off towards the station.

Luckily I always stop at stop signs, kinda, lol. Sometimes I just drag my foot a little on the ground, but then after that it looks like I'm peddling hard because of my short little peddle cranks.

A lot of the fuzz I've been seeing are from different towns, so I don't think they're interested in me . I'm in Farmers Branch, but I'm one block from Carrollton, one mile from Addison, two miles from Dallas. Some nights I ride past police from each city. All of them always act like they're not looking at me. If I was on fire I don't think they'd notice.

In Texas we truly are free, free to ride our bikes, and not be hassled by the man, and to party.

Longshot270

May 8, 2012
Texas
Does anyone in central Texas need a spare parts pile? I just wrecked my drive sprocket and broke off the aluminum housing around it in a last ditch effort to take it off. The clutch would probably still work but the sprocket will not. I rode the bike 10.5 miles this morning with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I didn't have problems until I tried swapping to the beefier sprocket I've had since Day One.

I have the tank, fully tuned carb, chain, engine, brand new magneto, brand new thick replacement drive sprocket, cdi, etc. The engine is just now broken in with around 700 miles of being well cared for so the parts would swap over to a damaged engine with no special work needed. I'm thinking I'll sell it for $80 but will take reasonable offers. I'm wanting enough money to haggle for a road bike since I can't afford to rebuild this bike.

Can anybody help me out?