SoCal Race Event Sat June 18th at Willow Springs Raceway-2011

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
This sounds like one sweet race. I think the classes are about perfect like that. Not mixing HT's with Morini's is great. Doesn't need to be any more granular than that. And the fact that there is an ultimate race should make everyone happy!

I think we already owe BiMoPed some serious gratitude for a huge undertaking. Anyone in the area needs to make it to the track and support the sport. For that price for an entire day is peanuts.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
1st Race. Electric
2nd Race. 4 stroke
3rd Race. China 2 stroke [ broken into 2 groups due to number of riders. ]
4th Race. Unlimited gas which will include electric if less than 10 ebikes show.

The fastest 8 or 9 from the 4 classes will advance to be a field
of 32 to 36 riders in the 'Ultimate Race', 'Trophy Dash'

-----------------------------------------------------
Bike Show: Sponsored by Motorized Bicycles Gas Bike Engines Gas Powered Bikes Motorized Bicycle Parts 1st prize Grubee 66 cc Kit

Battle of the 4 strokes: Sponsored by AffordableGoKarts.com

Battle of the 2 strokes: Sponsored by SickBikeParts.com

So there is only 1 heat race if just running a 2 stroke and if not placed in the top 8 or 9 then we pack up and are eliminated from the main?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm leaning towards bringing the white 'BMX' bike to the race! I have 1 month to build a real fast engine for it. :)

I'm also very curious as to what this "More great news coming soon!" is?? (Maybe racing on the big tracks???) (^)

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Hey Bi-Mo-Ped,

Yup, love to support the sport, will rent an SUV if others from Bakerfield are interested. PM me as to how to contact your interested rider/racer. Know of a guy who toyed with going to Tucson but didn't, claims 50mph on his bike, also an old time bike buider/past racer, and met an e-biker on ES forum. I'll get the word to 'em.

Scoring tips. 60 bikes of all speeds, lapping, running off the track then resuming a fast passing pace again, ect. . . was overwhelming after the top 5-10 racers. Have 2+ clip boards/scorekeepers with a neat page of numbers and columns for noting places. Allow these scorekeepers next to track for best view. Time start of race, note top places, 10th and 20th and ?30th about lap 3 before lapping takes place, then time the leaders to get lap speeds, stay up with leaders and tally riders that are a lap+ down, as racers cross the line for white flag, note leader race time, then listing finishing #no.s. First 5-10 places shouldn't be a problem, others more generally with errors. Make corrections with checkered and attempt to get as many as possible. Be nice to the scorekeepers as they honestly try try their best! (Everyone was gracious at Death Race) If helpers can verify say 10th and someone else 20th place, passing on that info can help the scorekeepers verify a credible finishing order. Oh, push for large front mounted number plates on all race bikes and communicate to scorekeepers what info is desired to be reported about the race is helpful.

I have a new Turnigy motor, the same that PaulD won with at Tucson and a fine slipper clutch to award the top e-biker with.

I'm willing to finance T-shirts but haven't the talent to design; any artistics contributors??

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
my morini is supposed to be here this week or next so count on me too
Great! What Morini are you getting? 9.6 hp?
Are you buying one from Dean at PIpelyne?
How much do they cost now?
sounds pretty bad ass ... I'm also a pro- photographer if anyone wants pics ...

Jonathan Charles Photography - Jdub
Hey great talking at you today lol

Very nice photos on your site.
Bring your bike and do some photography of the event. I am sure riders would like that.
I know that you have a telephoto lens but could get you infield track access too for
the best shots?

There was a Death Race photographer that did a great job.
Let me know, thanks.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Is there going to be vendor spaces to sell custom bikes, parts ,ect. Some info on that would be greatly appreciated.
Hi rat bike
So far there are 3 sponsors with more in the works.
Had thought about vendors but no plans have been made yet.

Bike Show: Sponsored by PistonBikes.com 1st prize Grubee 66 cc Kit
Battle of the 4 strokes: Sponsored by AffordableGoKarts.com
Battle of the 2 strokes: Sponsored by SickBikeParts.com
If you or anyone else wants to sell custom bikes, parts, etc please
contact me by PM with a phone # to discuss what you want to do.

Also any sponsors please contact me if you want to get involved.
Thanks.

bmc_az

May 22, 2009
Tucson,Az
I dont know what to do now. Amtrak said I have to go all the way to LA union sta. if I want bring my bike.
Even for me to come watch I have to take the train to LA and then to Palmdale then catch a bus I hope.
Ideas ? Seems like its get to be to much of a problem.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks a lot!!!
I will be answering soon, don't want you to think I am ignoring you.
There are not enough hours in the day

Hey Bi-Mo-Ped,

Yup, love to support the sport, will rent an SUV if others from Bakerfield are interested. PM me as to how to contact your interested rider/racer. Know of a guy who toyed with going to Tucson but didn't, claims 50mph on his bike, also an old time bike buider/past racer, and met an e-biker on ES forum. I'll get the word to 'em.

Scoring tips. 60 bikes of all speeds, lapping, running off the track then resuming a fast passing pace again, ect. . . was overwhelming after the top 5-10 racers. Have 2+ clip boards/scorekeepers with a neat page of numbers and columns for noting places. Allow these scorekeepers next to track for best view. Time start of race, note top places, 10th and 20th and ?30th about lap 3 before lapping takes place, then time the leaders to get lap speeds, stay up with leaders and tally riders that are a lap+ down, as racers cross the line for white flag, note leader race time, then listing finishing #no.s. First 5-10 places shouldn't be a problem, others more generally with errors. Make corrections with checkered and attempt to get as many as possible. Be nice to the scorekeepers as they honestly try try their best! (Everyone was gracious at Death Race) If helpers can verify say 10th and someone else 20th place, passing on that info can help the scorekeepers verify a credible finishing order. Oh, push for large front mounted number plates on all race bikes and communicate to scorekeepers what info is desired to be reported about the race is helpful.

I have a new Turnigy motor, the same that PaulD won with at Tucson and a fine slipper clutch to award the top e-biker with.

I'm willing to finance T-shirts but haven't the talent to design; any artistics contributors??

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I dont know what to do now. Amtrak said I have to go all the way to LA union sta. if I want bring my bike.
Even for me to come watch I have to take the train to LA and then to Palmdale then catch a bus I hope.
There are lots of riders that live very close to the LA Union Station
that should be able to give you a ride to Willow Springs.

They do regular LA rides meeting at the Los Feliz golf course which
is just a little ways north of Union Station.

Post this in the Car Pool thread and it should be pretty easy to find a ride.

You could also post in one of their ride threads in this Events forum.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here
rat bike mentioned swap sale for parts etc
if i get a pick up truck ready for the event i have a bunch of stuff that may be of interest tyo others
let me know if such selling display is possible????

thanks

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
buba here
rat bike mentioned swap sale for parts etc
if i get a pick up truck ready for the event i have a bunch of stuff that may be of interest tyo others
let me know if such selling display is possible????

thanks
Hi buba
I already answered that question. Please see below.

Yes, vendors selling stuff relevant to motorized bikes is possible
if there is enough interest. I am just one guy putting on this
event so have not decided how this would work yet. Need to
talk to a few of you first to figure it out.
Hi rat bike
So far there are 3 sponsors with more in the works.

If you or anyone else wants to sell custom bikes, parts, etc please
contact me by PM with a phone # to discuss what you want to do.

Also any sponsors please contact me if you want to get involved.
Thanks.

bmc_az

May 22, 2009
Tucson,Az
I figured out what to do, I am just going to bring a 50cc kit with me on the train and do one of the bikes I have out there and then see if I can get a ride to willow. Then sell The bike before I go home, Anyone intrested?.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
just build the bike at the train station in Palmdale and ride it to the track...:)

i don't think a seperate "vendor's area" is really needed. seems to me like a card table and some price tags in your pit area would be good enough if you're just trying to sell a coupla parts. unless you're bringing a whole mobile store or something crazy...

and in case you forgot or just didn't know, i'm still raffling off this bike at the race (http://motorbicycling.com/f23/first-official-bairdco-raffle-begins-28042.html) and tickets are still available. PM me...

rat racer

Apr 20, 2011
florence,az
yes getting from pipelyne 9.6 morini I'll be bringing the origional rat racer too so I will race multiple events.

If anyone needs a ride from Az. im me to get info

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Been working too hard and long on this event so I am going to Catalina for a few days for some R & R.

Checking out Catalina to see if we can do a race around the island after
Willow Springs. LOL
Probably going to shoot some buffalo too. LOL

No internet or cellphone for a few days so I won't be posting here.
Had a great trip and shot one buffalo.....don't think we will be racing on Catalina. LOL

The buffalo was shot with my ancient but trusty Olympus D 460...lol

Campground in Little Harbor from the high rocky point between Shark Bay

Last edited: