Socal Motor Bicycle Racing At Grange Motor Circuit! May 31st, 2014!

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Great to see everyone today.

Congradulations to Andy (headtrama) for his win in the mid class

And to Scotto for his win in the unlimited class

There was exciting racing today

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It was fun seeing all the usual friendly faces and meeting new folks. The quad races brought back a lot of good memories from the ISA days and now I'm thinking of building one. I'm looking foward to the next one because those 1st place trophies were epic!
Thanks Neil for hosting the races.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I had a lot of fun yesterday , the track was a little slick in a couple of places and I had a few close calls . It was good seeing everyone and sharing some laughs with them . Thanks Neil for putting on these races .l

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
I slipped a few times on heat 1 and on turn 11 I ate asphalt. I have the smallest engine in the mid class and it was extremely boring as everyone blew me away. The important thing is I finished instead of giving up and my bike didn't break down.
It was great seeing old friends that I haven't seen if a while, thanks Neil for putting on the event.
We'll see if I can make it to the October race since these race events are dying and that's a month I usually go out of town for vacation.

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i had a rough time out there. riding a completely new bike that i hadn't tested much since my big crash last year left me timid, worrying about another catAstrphic wreck.

got the kinks mostly worked out and pulled the holeshot in the main. bike felt fast and goid, and i felt loose and determined. led for almost a lap, then battled with the arrow team. almost bumping tires and just going hellbent for leather.

then my pedal seized up thanks to a lowside crash in the first heat. could'nt pedal anx was falling behind, but not giving up til the pedal fell off, sending me into the dirt and almost pitching me over the bars.

just couldn't ride with one pedal and a coaster brake, so rolled off the track.

disappointed, but it was the funnest 2 laps i've ever had... :)

thanks to magrider, bucko and pops for ride there and back.

props go to andy for his midclass win, and to nashmoto for his perseverence after going from 1st to last due to a fuel problem, then fighting back to third, until he tackled jimmy rust after he went down inches in front of him, then, getting BACK up and chasing down second place only to have his hub disintegrate, ending his crazy ride... brian's no slouch. he's a hardcore racer... :)

i'm already planning a completely new bike for october...

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks again Neil for putting on another fun race.

I was very happy to finish in a main and actually pull out a second place, not due to my speed or skill, but more due to Jim Rust's crash, nashmoto's crash and bike failure, and Ken's bike stalling out. So what would have been 5th turned into 2nd.

I was really surprised by the low turnout. Where were all the moped guys? Where were all the two stroke guys?

Anyway I hope attendance goes back up for October, the races are really fun and it would be a shame to see them go.

Thanks again Neil, and thanks to everyone who showed,

Gilbert

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Very well deserved Andy......Awesome! Congratulations man.....we were cheering you on.

It was also a real shame that nashmoto was having some string of unusual bad events.....he was on fire pulling all the stops out.......an unbelievable job as well Brian!

Great racing with the best of people.....thanks Neil for putting on this event and Gingi the magnificent for her camera skills and continued support.....thanks!

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
It was Dave Rust from the famous Team Arrow Motors. Really unfortunate, a part of the ropes holding up the shade tarp at the race staging area let loose and clothes-lined him, knocking him clean off his bike.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey Gilbert, your bike as usual is a big hit with motorized bicycle lovers
around the planet so is getting a lot of views on Facebook.

Do you have a Facebook account?

I like your choice of full face helmet with cool clean graphics.
Awesome to see you back at the races! :)

My gal gets some great shots of you on the track.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Neil, thanks for the picture. It's a little embarrassing, but I like to look at pictures of myself racing, and trying to get that low lean angle.

And no, I am not on Facebook, I'm not really that social. My wife has an account though and I visit your page sometimes. I didn't see any additional pictures or comments when I visited today, but maybe it's because I didn't join the group. I don't think she would appreciate being a member of the group.

Thanks again for putting on these races, it means a lot to me.

Gilbert

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ahh,err, O.K. some one's gotta say it.... results? nothing on scotto hot lapping the mo-ped. someone at vet's said tomahawk had a race the week before? sorry to hear of the low turn out. maybe too many rules are driving people away. i certainly hope not. dennis