Snork

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've got a weird cat. Thunder and lightening don't bother her a bit. But as soon as It gets to a drizzle, she makes a bee-line under the sofa and won't come out until it has been stopped at least 30 minutes.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm sitting here eating some Oreo's while drinking a Coke Zero. I guess I'll just say that I'm shooting for the average.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If I fill a swimming pool with dry ice and wait for it to melt, can I go swimming and not get wet?

I have a box of 'instant water'. What do I mix it with?

Tom

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I like it the 70 year old guy in the Midwest gets his Triumph motor cycle back after around 25 years. Port of LA it was checked for VIN and nabbed!

MT

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
If I fill a swimming pool with dry ice and wait for it to melt, can I go swimming and not get wet?

I have a box of 'instant water'. What do I mix it with?

Tom

There is an actual product called "Diet Water".........really.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I've got a weird cat. Thunder and lightening don't bother her a bit. But as soon as It gets to a drizzle, she makes a bee-line under the sofa and won't come out until it has been stopped at least 30 minutes.
I had an indoor/outdoor cat that would go around the house methodically checking every window when it was raining, to see if it wasn't raining out of one. Then he'd come over to us and complain about it when he couldn't find one. (He was allowed out anytime he wanted, the cats had thier own window to come and go through). He was the son of another of ours, whom we'd only see for any length of time when it had already been raining for half a day or more.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I had a chap working for me who would go and look out all 3 doors in the shop when it was snowing. He was beyond your average snowmobile nut and the rest of us would smile at each other when he did it.
He did this every hour on the dot and you could set your watch by him. I never had the heart to ask him just what he was looking for but he did fit in well with the cast of characters that were in that shop, myself included.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
CT,
Do any of your cats feel around outside to see if it's wet before they go out. I had a cat years ago that did that. It could be sunny and 80F and he would do that very time. If you tried to push his lard backside out he would almost do a back flip to get back in the house.
People laughed at me until they saw it for themselves.

Steve.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
CT,
Do any of your cats feel around outside to see if it's wet before they go out. I had a cat years ago that did that. It could be sunny and 80F and he would do that very time. If you tried to push his lard backside out he would almost do a back flip to get back in the house.
People laughed at me until they saw it for themselves.

Steve.
We don't have any 'indoor/outdoor' cats anymore, although one or two want out as often as they can go. They're only allowed out with thier harnesses on (connected to a light duty retractable leash, they're allowed to play in the yard but can't wander off).

Here's a few pics of Smudge, my 'Fluff Monster'.. she loves to go 'Ow'. First shot is her realising the ground is wet. In the middle shot she is hiding. Can't you tell? I have a couple of pics of her at Lake Louise around here somewhere.. she's an attention lover, and she got all she could want and more when we were there. (yep, she's a big girl.. around 15 lbs I think)

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
"What if........"

This has to be one of the most powerful things in our universe. The polar opposite would probably be ".....if only....."

Guess that this isn't snorky, just reflective. Carry on.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
"What if........"

This has to be one of the most powerful things in our universe. The polar opposite would probably be ".....if only....."

Guess that this isn't snorky, just reflective. Carry on.
To paraphrase one of my favourite authors.. The three categories of science fiction are based on "What if.....?", "If ...... then" and the best (or most fun) is "If only ....."

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I shamelessly 'stole' this from another forum I frequent....

Why did the chicken cross the road?

BARACK OBAMA: Let me be clear, the chicken crossed the road because it was time for change! The chicken wanted change! Real change! Change he could believe in!

SARAH PALIN: The chicken crossed the road because, gosh-darn it, he's a maverick!

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or against us. There is no middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY: Where's my gun?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken.

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white? We need some black chickens.

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his current problems before adding new problems.

OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a NEW CAR so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

NANCY GRACE: That chicken crossed the road because he's guilty! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

MARTHA STEWART: No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain, alone.

GRANDPA: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heartwarming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES: I have just released eChicken2013, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken2013. This new platform is much more stable and will never reboot.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Q: Why did the ancient Roman chicken cross the road?

A: I do not know. Let us sacrifice it and divine the reason from it's entrails.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Where is the collection for and over or underpass, or are we awaiting environmental impact statement, the chicken awaits? Left over home made rotisserie whole chicken encrusted with celery seed and salt, mmmmm, no turkey but really good!

MT