Sept.7th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACKING!

GoldenMotor.com

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Re: Sept.7th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACKI

SUP

What do you think about using these inexpensive timers to score all our heats and races starting at our Oct 19th event?
Is this date definite on Oct 19th? If so I will request for the day off asap.

Originally I said $60 per laptimer, now it looks like it will be only $50 or even $45 depending on which version we buy.

Every laptimer set includes your own beacon so you can get your times if you practice on a non race day.

Monday is labor day so I will be getting my lap timer and beacon on Tuesday. Will give you an update or come to the race next Saturday to play with one.
$50 for a laptimer? What a steal. Is there a link so we can check it out?

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Re: Sept.7th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACKI

Hey gilbert, yeah I need one for a five horse Briggs . is it a copper one or stock one.
I have both. The copper one I have says it has a compressed thickness of .030"

Let me know if you want it. I live in Hollywood, so not sure the best way to get it to you.

Gilbert

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california

I have both. The copper one I have says it has a compressed thickness of .030"

Let me know if you want it. I live in Hollywood, so not sure the best way to get it to you.

Gilbert
The copper one will work, I sent you a pm

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Re: July 27th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACK

thanks for the update with the #8, I really want to go to the race. currently my family is on a day to day basis and I cannot schedule anything that far in advance. thank you
magrider, here is the # 87 front plate and the less sexy side of Arrow's new racer. :)

4 days to go so how are your chances of making the 2nd and last oval race of the year?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

See, we are on the Willow Springs calendar! :D

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/event.php?id=1223

Volunteers? :)
Anyone who helps out with:
Scoring.
Flagging.
Tech inspection.
Etc
Will get a free worker pass for You and a Friend at the Willow Springs gate which is good for the whole weekend.

Please send me an email if you want to help out.
Thanks!

Only 4 days to "Go fast, Turn left!" :D

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Really looking forward to attending this event next Saturday. I think I got the motor sorted out, seems to be running pretty well. I am driving alone, so if someone's looking for a ride, I can take a passenger, but no bikes. I can only fit my bike on the rack I bought.

Had to include some pictures of the bike. This is the race ready/street legal look, so I can test it out on the road before the race.

As Scotto says, "see you in the pits",

Gilbert
Hey Gilbert
You are reaally going to love oval racing under the lights and the sun sets at 7.10 pm so the lights will be on earlier and longer than the July 27th race.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Willow Springs has VP 110 fuel from a gas pump for $10 a gallon.

You will need your own approved gas container.

2 days to night racing on Saturday 7th.
Is an empty one gallon milk container an approved container? :) jk
I might need some for my generator.
I thinking of showing up to watch the races because my bike isn't fast anymore.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Is an empty one gallon milk container an approved container? :) jk
I might need some for my generator.
I thinking of showing up to watch the races because my bike isn't fast anymore.
An empty one gallon milk container is an approved container to whizz in as you are driving to the track. :D

Will be fantastic to see you back at the races and in the slow class on your ebike.
How is your 5.8 Morini Mid class race bike coming along?

Support the new Summer night races at Willow Springs, much more fun than some swap meet. :D

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

The motor has been rebuilt a while back. The only problem has been my time to find a bike to put it in. I've been spending my free time riding all over town on my electric.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Finally got the laptimer on the last possible day because it was sent regular mail instead of Priority as promised.
Looks good and will be a big advance in timing and scoring for all you racers.

I will be at Willow on Saturday at around 2:30pm and staying overnight then leaving on Sunday.

See you all there tomorrow.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa

todays your day riders!

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles

fantastic video fantastic racing

I just arrived back home sunday afternoon what an adventure

the 72 gmc 3/4 ton with electric tailgate lift tested me but I did prevail

first going to willow 105 degrees in the shade up and down the hills en route to rosamond-- starts stuttering and kicking

pull over off the freeway check the fuel filters and blow them out -- on i go another 5 miles and same symptoms this time pull over to find the fan pulley was off luckly not cut and lost or chewed up like a piece of liquorice so remounted and tensioned and on i go again
another 15 miles now entering the first exits of palmdale and she start bucking again could it be the fuel pump-- the gas gauge was reading between 1/8-1/4
lucky I rolloff the exit into a park and ride parking lot with my 5 gallon plastic water bottle in hand I hail down a driver who will run me to the gas station the gmc was out of gas??!!-- so much for untried fuel gauges my savior was nice enough to run me back to the truck and on I go again --running smooth --get onto the rosamond road towards willow and stop at the Albertsons's supermarket for some food for the overnight

go to start the engine and now she really seems to be having a problem --no power !!!as if I blew the head gasket in the heat
down the road is a track auto parts store so I chug and coast into their parking lot

"any of you sales guys know your mechanicing"--well could be this could be that
okay I will figure this out --remove the carburetor-- little-- what is it????!!! fuel filter and the inline fuel filter-- blow them out and voila she runs once again
headtrauma now trackside said maybe vapor lock??!! I bet he was right!!!!so I make it to willow just 2 hours later than I had expected

the day was hot but breezy quite a few late comers and the races were on

what a day/ night the racing neck and neck the crowd congenial as always

built porches screaming around another track and the big motorcycles on the big track 150 mph in the straight aways

headtrauma -AFG- and dave rust's young rider on the big fourstrokes was the real action
headtrauma's videos say it all!!!

those who were not there missed it and those who were certainly enjoyed themselves

my frames-- all original-- got some kudos sunday when I unloaded four from the gmc and got some feedback -- now to figure out which engines are best suited for each of the 14 !!!

ride safe ride happy

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca

run a return fuel line back to the tank, smaller id and a pressure reg on the return. set at 4psi, problem solved. vapor lock makes for a hillbilly vacation... lots of site seeing from the side of the road. say hi to jed and hit granny up for some shine, been there.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles

hi dmb

thanks missed you at willow