Sept.7th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACKING!

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Re: July 27th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACK

I've been racing with #8 since Arizona death race 2010, it's my number. show some class and respect.

I'm sure that if you get a poll, everyone will agree with me, well maybe except you and arrow.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I've been racing with #8 since Arizona death race 2010, it's my number. show some class and respect.

I'm sure that if you get a poll, everyone will agree with me, well maybe except you and arrow.
Huh? Who said you didn't still have #8?
Why would we need a poll???

I guess you don't remembet what numbers the Arrow Motorized Cycles team uses?
The 200 CC bike in the pic is being raced by 16 year old Jeff
You figure it out, OK?

You didn't answer my question, are you coming to the night race on the oval?

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Re: July 27th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACK

thanks for the update with the #8, I really want to go to the race. currently my family is on a day to day basis and I cannot schedule anything that far in advance. thank you

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
thanks for the update with the #8, I really want to go to the race. currently my family is on a day to day basis and I cannot schedule anything that far in advance. thank you
If you can't schedule for a fun race that's only 7 days away that doesn't sound good........hope things get better for you. :)

Next time you have any kind of issue please send an email or PM.

I have had a lap timer shipped to me so we can test it at the Sept 7th race.

What do you think about using these inexpensive timers to score all our heats and races starting at our Oct 19th event?

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.

I have been around the transponder thing for a long time and I can tell you a couple things. First not everyone will want to buy one and you will end up using hand out transponders for a lot of the people and that can add a little time to the length of the day by having to collect them after a race and hand them out before a race. Everyone has to get the correct transponder so they are scored correctly and then everyone has to check in before the race to be sure their transponder is working. I have never used the particular system you are gonna try but Im sure its all similar.
I personally wouldnt buy one right off the bat because Im not sure how often I will be racing and dont want to invest in one yet.

Transponders are about the best thing to happen to racing in a long time but they can be a hassle at times.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA

thank you, transponders are a great idea like W Bill said, "the best thing to happen to racing in a long time".

with situations like brother and myself, we can purchase 1 transponder together and switch between us, as long as we race different classes, as we do.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Volunteers? :)
Anyone who helps out with:
Scoring.
Flagging.
Tech inspection.
Etc
Will get a free worker pass for You and a Friend at the Willow Springs gate which is good for the whole weekend.

Please send me an email if you want to help out.
Thanks!

Only 6 days to "Go fast, Turn left!" :D

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
with situations like brother and myself, we can purchase 1 transponder together and switch between us, as long as we race different classes, as we do.
On the $8,000 Mylaps system that M1GP uses you can not switch transponders between racers because the internal code is you in the computerized system.
M1GP will be racing on the Horse Theif track on Sept 7th and 8th.
We can see the track on the side of the hill from our oval track.
All M1GP racers either buy their own $300 transponder or rent one for $20 if they have paid the $85 yearly membership fee or $30 if they are buying a one race day pass. You can't race if you don't have one.

Magrider, I would think that both you and Dave would want your own set because you would both be using them in practice setting lap times that would determine the grid starting order for the heats.

Pressing the summary button gives you the fastest lap, the average lap and overall time.

Originally I said $60 per laptimer, now it looks like it will be only $50 or even $45 depending on which version we buy.

Every laptimer set includes your own beacon so you can get your times if you practice on a non race day.

We will work out a quick change system so racers who ride in 2 classes can swap their lap timer which is a self contained system between their bikes.

Monday is labor day so I will be getting my lap timer and beacon on Tuesday. Will give you an update or come to the race next Saturday to play with one.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Willow Springs will have a food trailer in our pits serving hamburgers, chips, energy bars, sodas, water, etc from 5 pm to 8 pm

Let me know if you want anything else on the menu.

There is no drag racing that night so the Diner will be closed at 2 to 3 pm.

Lots of action at Willow with the Porche club racing on The Streets of Willow Sat & Sun right behind us.
Motorcycles on Big Willow and M1GP racing on Horse Thief Sat & Sun too.

Christian at Willow put our event on their website with a video from the July 27th oval night race. :)

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Re: Sept.7th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACKI

Really looking forward to attending this event next Saturday. I think I got the motor sorted out, seems to be running pretty well. I am driving alone, so if someone's looking for a ride, I can take a passenger, but no bikes. I can only fit my bike on the rack I bought.

Had to include some pictures of the bike. This is the race ready/street legal look, so I can test it out on the road before the race.

As Scotto says, "see you in the pits",

Gilbert

Attachments

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Re: Sept.7th 2013 NIGHT RACE Willow Springs Speedway 1/4 mile Paved Oval BOARD TRACKI

Phone only let's me do one picture at a time, so here's the other side.

Attachments

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california

Looks good gilbert, I'm trying to get my Briggs bike going. I'm looking for a head gasket mine is leaking. Hopefully I can find one before Saturday.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles

Hey Andy,
If the head gasket your looking for is 5hp, I have a couple of new ones laying around. Let me know if you want one.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
All my plans for getting out to the Saturday 7th race have not worked out so I am looking for a ride from the North Orange County area to Willow Springs.

Would like to get there by noon on Saturday but definitely no later than 2pm.

I will give $40 for gas and a free $35 race entry.
Please send me an email if you can help out.
Thanks.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california

Hey Andy,
If the head gasket your looking for is 5hp, I have a couple of new ones laying around. Let me know if you want one.
Hey gilbert, yeah I need one for a five horse Briggs . is it a copper one or stock one.