Sat OCT 20th 2012 @ Grange Motor Circuit SOCAL MOTOR BICYCLE RACING

GoldenMotor.com

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Hi Dave
Going to be a great turnout, some new people, people who haven't been to the races for a while and the usual crew.

See you, your brother and dad on Saturday. :)
Hey Guys,

Looks like bad news for us, as Roland has fallen ill , as in really sick. This sucks, as we were really looking forward to seeing everyone, and , of course, putting on a show!!!

We are already planning on driving down Thursday for the April race, as we have something really big in store, that we think everyone into motorized bicycles will appreciate.

We are really sorry to miss this one, but sometimes life gets in the way.

Neil, we will still be sending you a check for our entry fees for this race.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
CulverCityClassic will be going including Iceman. Iceman is still healing and will be cruzing the track on his Boardtrack bike. We are going to chill like Bucko. I am not sure if we will be racing competitively anymore but will attend the races. We enjoy the people and the bikes that’s for sure.
You can't retire yet Jeff, you know you have some racing left in you .

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Be cool if Jim of ole' CrossEyesPizza had Wi-Fi and some of us could get started with posting the day's exciting events.

Been a long time since I've seen Roland and Jim BigBoys. Take care and see ya'll in April.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks Ryan for the marathon effort to get your dyno finished!

We can set you up under the sunscreen where the weigh scale is.

Dyno your bike and weigh it too. :D

See you at the track, I will be there on Friday at 2pm.

To all who want to use the dyno please bring a flash drive to save your results.

I want to bring a printer but I don't know if that's going to happen. I might even do an email thing where if you don't have a flash drive I can send you a jpeg of your dyno graphs.

Since that picture I've built a box around it so it's not so deathtrappy. Make sure your bike is warmed up before it's tested. You will not be on the bike while it's on the dyno for safety reasons. Though you're encouraged to strap your own bikes down and take it off when it's done, I have a feeling my back is going to be aching if people don't. I'm thinking how it's going to work is $5 for five consecutive pulls. And maybe a cash prize for who ever makes the most hp. Maybe I'll break it into multiple prize winners, one for each racing class.
Also a word to anyone variated. If variated make yourself a spacer to hold the variator in 'high gear'. This way you get a full sweep of rpm to show where you make the most hp. It'll show max hp just fine without a spacer but the results are not very good for tuning.

There's 5 runs back to back I did this morning on a friend's bike. Stone cold engine so that what the inconsistencies are from.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ya jeff, [the dude] master of the ''bait and switch'' i've seen that movie more than a few time's before. see you there my friend's dennis

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I won't be able to make it to the race. I started a new job last week and I'll be working on Friday until 3pm. Impossible to take the day off without jeopardizing my position. As I'll have been up since 4:30am and put in a full work day, I won't have the energy for a 7 hour drive afterwards. I can barely drive home after work as it is, I'm not used to a day shift!

My bike is 99% finished for track duty, I just need to design a spring-loaded idler for the outer jackshaft chain and get a number plate. I'll bring it in April :D

Hey Guys,

Looks like bad news for us, as Roland has fallen ill , as in really sick. This sucks, as we were really looking forward to seeing everyone, and , of course, putting on a show!!!

We are already planning on driving down Thursday for the April race, as we have something really big in store, that we think everyone into motorized bicycles will appreciate.

We are really sorry to miss this one, but sometimes life gets in the way.

Neil, we will still be sending you a check for our entry fees for this race.
Send my best to Roland, hope he feels better soon! And I'm sure what you have planned will be worth the wait!

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
hey guys i'll be arriving at the track around 9:30pm on Friday. i might stay Sunday if my friends are up for it. well see...
the bike is 100% ready to race!

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
and went for a spin careless typer i hit something that sent out the best anyway

ride safe and have a blast for me

over and out

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
About Ryan's dyno, very interesting; gotta look at ya'lls power curves/peaks and compare to my little electric hubbie. Will this give new life/clarity to 11hp class?

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Looking at the flat motor and it's frame, I'd think they will bounce a bit in the corners. Make sure you're on the inside when they're about.

If it's the normal C50 clone, 3 speed auto clutch, but I don't know what you get over there.

Whatever, have fun, and I hope you don't embrace to much Mother Tarmac.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Scotto, myself and gf are eating some delicious pizza at Jim Grangers
new restaurant a few miles from the track.

Jim is going to do 2 raffles tomorrow for a free lunch and a free dinner
after the race! :)

The usual crew is at the track already, including nashmoto, Dave Rust
family and crew, scotto-, dmb and bairdco, Jake Busey, Easy Rider and
there is still time to come on out for a very fun day tomorrow! :D

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i got 4th. again. but at least my bike was really, really loud...

i made a megaphone pipe out of a stainless drink shaker cup, some pipe, and the flange off the SBP expansion chamber. mostly, i just wanted to annoy everybody. performance-wise, my bike was just as fast as with an x-chamber.

at lunch i noticed it was not quite in the same position it was before, so i wiggled it and it was cracked. the only thing holding it together was the heat wrap.

so like any hardcore racer, i put a hose clamp over the crack and it held for the final.

i figured it was one of my welds that busted, but it turned out to be the SBP pipe coming off the flange.

anyways, i think i'm gonna retire this bike. i've gotta build something a little bigger to keep up with the arrow bikes. those things are waaay too fast for a china girl...

Attachments

Last edited: